Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

Default Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

Terrae Expugnandae - Candelarius Addon Mod
    (TECAM)
    by Candelarius aka Yakaspat
    Version 3

This mod is an addon for Terrae Expugnandae (TE) version 5.1.

This mod replaces Lusted's Romans with new models and textures created by Ferres. Why? As much as I love Lusted's Roman skins, I've always loved Ferres' even more. And this is nothing new to me, I had replaced the skins in RTR with Ferres' before too. They just look so damn cool to me. So, I added them to TE 5.1, which has rapidly become my favorite (although I say this about many mods) RTW mod. I love the crisp, clean feel of TE and the fact it radically improves the vanilla game without over-plumbing the system. This mod also includes many bug fixes and also adds landbridges, to help the AI expand. With Ferres' Modding Legions Skins, I think TE is now perfect (not that it wasn't before).

Note that I used Lusted's stats for every unit, except I customized the Heavy Legionary Cohort unit to suite my tastes (is now similar to the Praetorian Cohort, and are only available Italy. Praetorians are still only available in Rome. All else is the same.). I also changed some officer types around, added a new officer (Roman Cornicen), but this will not effect gameplay. I also re-introduced the Praetorian Cavalry and Urban Cohorts. I know, I know, they are not historically accurate. But, I don't care, they're just too damn cool to leave out!

Change Log from readme:
    • This mod replaces Lusted's Roman units with the Roman units of the Modding Legions Pack by Ferres.
    • The mod also includes Count Flip's TE 5.1 Hotfix.
    • Includes fix for Scythian rebels missing UI cards.
    • Includes fix concerning German Spear Warband losing experience bonus when upgrading barracks.
    • Includes fix concerning missing alpha channel for Pontic Archers.
    • Includes fix for missing Egyptian barracks build button.
    • Includes fix for duplicate road in Syria.
    • AI profile for Iberia changed to "fortified napoleon".
    • Includes fix for Gaulish Feniagh recruitment.
    • Includes happiness bonus for government buildings.
    • Added landbridges.
    • In addition, Prometheus' Roman Cornicen Officers, foot and mounted, are included as a special bonus.

To install:
    Download the EXE self-installer, double-click it, and install it to your Terrae Expugnandae folder (the folder that contains RomeTW.exe). Say yes to over-write.

To uninstall, re-install TE 5.0/5.1 again. It will re-over-write the TECAM mod files.

TECAM V3 DOWNLOAD LINK

Download links for Terrae Expugnandae:
    TE 5.0 Full
    TE 5.1 Patch

Roman Unit Chart

CREDITS:
    Thanks to Lusted for his excellent Terrae Expugnandae Mod!
    Thanks to Ferres for his Modding Legions models and textures pack!
    Thanks to Count Flip for his Darthmod CTD Hotfix!
    Thanks to Prometheus for his Res Gestae Roman Cornicen model and texture!
    Thanks to Ostrogoth for his hotfix!
    Thanks to irishron for making landbridges for this mod!

This mod was made with permission from Lusted and Ferres.
    [/spoiler]

CREDITS:
    Thanks to Lusted for his excellent Terrae Expugnandae Mod!
    Thanks to Ferres for his Modding Legions models and textures pack!
    Thanks to Prometheus for his Res Gestae Roman Cornicen model and texture!
    Last edited by Candelarius; July 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: updated

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae - Ferres Legions Mod

[Update Log]

July 25 2009 - After the dreadful disappointment that Empire Total War turned out to be (in my opinion), I've returned to playing RTW again. I returned, though, to find that the TE links were dead. I've therefore hosted the TE files on my own FileFront account. See the first page of this thread for the links.
    October 15 2008 - I cancelled all development for a Gold Version, mostly since the Gold Version appears to be stuck in BETA development, and I've lost interest for the most part in RTW. But, I decided to continue to host my older version for TE 5.1. TE 5.1 was an excellent mod and my mini-mod, I think, only made it better. So, for those that may be still interested, the link is provided here.
    May 28 2008 - Almost exactly one year later! I plan on releasing an updated version of this mod for TE Gold that will just focus on adding the Ferres Modding Legions Roman unit addon to TE Gold. Update to follow after TE Gold is released.
    February 09 - 2008 - Mod declared obsolete.
    July 20 2007 - Tiny update, I forgot to include Ostrogoth's hotfix changes in version 3. Uploaded new installer. Still version 3 (final).
    July 19 2007 - Changed name of mod to Terrae Expugnandae - Candelarius Addon Mod, or TECAM. Uploaded version 3 (final).
    July 09 2007 - Updated mod to version 2. Corrected a few missing UI card issues associated with my mod, and added four bug fixes for TE 5.1. See change log.
    May 23 2007 - Updated installer. Due to a corruption in the installer construction, several files were lost in the original upload of this mod. If you downloaded this mod before May 23rd, please redownload and reinstall.
    May 19 2007 - Uploaded mod.
    Last edited by Candelarius; July 25, 2009 at 06:18 PM.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

While you at it, add 4tpy too.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    While you at it, add 4tpy too.
    There's a 4tpy script you can download at the ORG...

...but I don't intend on adding it to TE. One of the reasons I like TE is that it doesn't have a 4tpy script, or any scripts. There are already 588 turns in the game, a 4tpy script comes out to 1176 turns! After playing RTR for two years with a 4tpy script, guess how many campaigns I finished? Zero. That's right, not one. I stopped playing each campaign about half way through because it would take me months to get to that point, and by then I was bored with the campaign. I like TE because the gameplay is smooth and streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius
    There's a 4tpy script you can download at the ORG...
    Yes I recently discovered it

The point for me with 4tpy is the aging. The generals gets too old too soon for me,
    and I don't intend to play to 14 AD over whenever the campaign ends.

Resistance is futile™

Yes I recently discovered it

The point for me with 4tpy is the aging. The generals gets too old too soon for me,
    and I don't intend to play to 14 AD over whenever the campaign ends.
    Oh, good, I'm glad you found it.

You may want to contact Marcus Camillus, perhaps, he once made mention of making his 4ypt Roman Leadership Mod compatible with TE.

UPDATE: I forgot about the Numidian and Armenian imitation cohorts when I made this mod yesterday. I updated the mod today so that Lusted's model and skins are compatible with this mod. Please re-download the mod and re-install for the corrections. Sorry about that. You only need to re-download if you downloaded the mod prior to May 21st.
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 23, 2007 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius
    @Boromir

Maybe post your problem in my thread perhaps?

But, the Aux Cav are working fine for me, I tested each and every unit out in custom battles. Are you getting an error message?
    Yep, missing model message and if you tested each one it must be something wrong with my installation.

Resistance is futile™

@Boromir

It must be a bad install. I just tested it again, works fine. Here's a pic:

Do other units work fine, and just not that one?
    Do you have other mods installed?

Try re-installing Lusted's mod back ontop, then patch to 5.1, and then install my mod back on top again. You shouldn't need to do a total uninstall and reinstall if the vanilla TE was working.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    Never fear, Count Flip made a hotfix for the dragging issue (which I included in my mini-mod), you can download it here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95754

It fixes the dragging issue completely. I haven't had a single CTD with this mod yet, my friend.

Good luck!
    Thats good news indeed

I guess I was a bit unlucky trying this mod out. Im gonna give it another shot.
    Btw, Im glad to see you back here in the roman era. Im a big fan of your Extended realism mod and your guide for playing the romans historically

Quote Originally Posted by sOhei View Post
    Thats good news indeed

I guess I was a bit unlucky trying this mod out. Im gonna give it another shot.
    Btw, Im glad to see you back here in the roman era. Im a big fan of your Extended realism mod and your guide for playing the romans historically

Thanks!

I still love the Roman era, but, I have to admit that M2TW is a better game. Both visually and from the gameplay perspective, I enjoy playing it more. But, there is something about the Roman time frame I find so appealing. I played RTR for years so much I think I burned myself out on it. So, a few weeks ago I re-called Lusted had previously made a Roman era mod, and, after downloading and seriously playing TE, I've found I like it the best of all the RTW mods I've played so far. So, I'll probably stick around and play with this mod till CA makes Rome Total War II!

BTW, I may make a new version of playing historically as the Romans for TE, depends on how ambitious I get. I'm very busy playing M2TW right now and very busy with my real-life job, so, I don't have much time for modding. But, maybe someday I'll make a historical recruitment model for TE, like an AOR, perhaps just for the Romans. We'll see.

@Boromir

It must be a bad install. I just tested it again, works fine. Here's a pic:

Do other units work fine, and just not that one?
    Do you have other mods installed?

Try re-installing Lusted's mod back ontop, then patch to 5.1, and then install my mod back on top again. You shouldn't need to do a total uninstall and reinstall if the vanilla TE was working.
    I will later, don't have time for it now. Thanks

Resistance is futile™

BTW, I may make a new version of playing historically as the Romans for TE, depends on how ambitious I get. I'm very busy playing M2TW right now and very busy with my real-life job, so, I don't have much time for modding. But, maybe someday I'll make a historical recruitment model for TE, like an AOR, perhaps just for the Romans. We'll see.
    Sounds great, on the other hand you have already made a great mod for RTR, so if people want historical accuracy they can play that mod. Its kind of refreshing with TE not having to micromanage the armies so much and also the lack of 4TPY makes for a very fast campaign map game (in my opinion). Not having to worry about my generals military career also helps, even though I do love the Roman leadership mod.

In no time at all I arrived at 265 BC so its time to start the punic wars with Carthage Im still following Quintus house rules though, and it felt a bit odd being able to recruit roman troops the first turn after conquering a greek settlement.

Thanks!

So, a few weeks ago I re-called Lusted had previously made a Roman era mod, and, after downloading and seriously playing TE, I've found I like it the best of all the RTW mods I've played so far. So, I'll probably stick around and play with this mod till CA makes Rome Total War II!
    Dont forget about version 2 of 77BC Mod and RTR 7
    Last edited by sOhei; May 23, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

D'oh I hate filefront (accidentally deleted installer), sooo slow

Edit: Its the Aux infantry model, more precisely .high model is missing (error messages says), and one of the archers.
    Bedtime now, tired
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; May 23, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Resistance is futile™

D'oh I hate filefront (accidentally deleted installer), sooo slow

Edit: Its the Aux infantry model, more precisely .high model is missing (error messages says), and one of the archers.
    Bedtime now, tired
    When do you get the error message? At startup? Or when you load a battle? I'm not getting any errors at all. :hmmm:

EDIT: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think I found the problem. The models are in MY copy of TE, but, not in the installer! Damn. Fixing right now. Will upload within the hour, no later than 9pm tonight. Sorry, I have no idea how those files didn't get in the installer when they are installed for me...weird.

EDIT2: Yup, my damn installer building program must have corrupted the installer. My own copy of the installer is missing about a dozen unit models. Weird. I rebuilt the installer and tested it, it is working now fine. Please redownload. Thanks for finding this for me!

EDIT3: I totally reinstalled Rome Total War, and then reinstalled TE and then my mod, and then tested. Everything is now working as intended. The problem was definately the installer itself. Thanks again Boromir, I never would have known there was a problem since my own version wasn't missing the files somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by sOhei View Post
    Sounds great, on the other hand you have already made a great mod for RTR, so if people want historical accuracy they can play that mod. Its kind of refreshing with TE not having to micromanage the armies so much and also the lack of 4TPY makes for a very fast campaign map game (in my opinion). Not having to worry about my generals military career also helps, even though I do love the Roman leadership mod.

In no time at all I arrived at 265 BC so its time to start the punic wars with Carthage Im still following Quintus house rules though, and it felt a bit odd being able to recruit roman troops the first turn after conquering a greek settlement.

Dont forget about version 2 of 77BC Mod and RTR 7
    And don't forget about EB, too.

So many mods, so little time...
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 23, 2007 at 07:50 PM.

UPDATE

Do to a file corruption, my original installer was missing several files, including a few unit models and textures.

If you downloaded this mini-mod prior to 8pm Easter Time on May-23-2007, please redownload and reinstall.

I sincerely apologize for the problem.

Thanks to Boromir, my new official beta tester! lol

-Candelarius
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 23, 2007 at 07:15 PM.

When do you get the error message? At startup? Or when you load a battle? I'm not getting any errors at all. :hmmm:

EDIT: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think I found the problem. The models are in MY copy of TE, but, not in the installer! Damn. Fixing right now. Will upload within the hour, no later than 9pm tonight. Sorry, I have no idea how those files didn't get in the installer when they are installed for me...weird.

EDIT2: Yup, my damn installer building program must have corrupted the installer. My own copy of the installer is missing about a dozen unit models. Weird. I rebuilt the installer and tested it, it is working now fine. Please redownload. Thanks for finding this for me!

EDIT3: I totally reinstalled Rome Total War, and then reinstalled TE and then my mod, and then tested. Everything is now working as intended. The problem was definately the installer itself. Thanks again Boromir, I never would have known there was a problem since my own version wasn't missing the files somehow.

And don't forget about EB, too.

So many mods, so little time...
    My thought on this before you found the problem, was that you forgot to include some files in installer, as you have all the models in your folder you couldn't find the problem. Guess I was right.

No problem

Resistance is futile™

My thought on this before you found the problem, was that you forgot to include some files in installer, as you have all the models in your folder you couldn't find the problem. Guess I was right.

No problem

No, I didn't forget to include the files. In my Total War files directory, my "tefl mod" folder contained all the files. My installation of the mod contained all the files, too. In order to make the installer, I simply right click on the mod folder and select "build", and the program makes the installer. Somehow, between my tefl mod folder and the finished product of the installer, the files didn't make it into the archive, even though they were in my original folder. That's why I blamed your download as being corrupted, since my original copy of the folder was intact. I have no idea why many models were not in the installer, when they were in the te mod folder. I can only guess the installer corrupted the build during the compilation process. It's one of those free .exe maker programs...you get what you pay for I guess.

Anyway, thanks for being persistent, if I hadn't downloaded the .exe file and extracted it, and examined the contents against my own original folder, I never would have found the problem. So, it's fixed anyway.

Oh I see.

Resistance is futile™

Yeah i like these skins you have anymore skins to share that would be cool thx

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m1985 View Post
    Yeah i like these skins you have anymore skins to share that would be cool thx
    The skins are actually Ferres', not mine.

But no, I don't intend on making any more skin packs at this time.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast