Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Candelarius Addon Mod for TE 5.1

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae - Ferres Legions Mod

I personally see no need for new maps or map mods for M2TW...the map that comes with the game is perfectly functionable the way it is. Nothing wrong with modding for the sake of modding, though, I suppose.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae - Ferres Legions Mod

Personally, RTW+Mundus Magnus=TE=200 regions with enough room to move.
    M2TW+Bigmap=RPMBM or TLR or others and 200 regions and 31 factions and enough room for everybody.

Default Re: Terrae Expugnandae - Ferres Legions Mod [Updated]

Uploaded version 2 of this mod. Version 2 fixes a few missing UI cards I overlooked in my mod and also includes several bug fixes for TE 5.1. See the first post in this thread for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    Uploaded version 2 of this mod. Version 2 fixes a few missing UI cards I overlooked in my mod and also includes several bug fixes for TE 5.1. See the first post in this thread for details.
    Download link broken?

Aaha! never mind -- I had forgotten to disable my http blocker...
    Last edited by Beetlecat; July 12, 2007 at 12:41 AM.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

[*]Includes fix concerning missing alpha channel for Pontic Archers.
    Thank You!
    Pontus is my favorite faction but I was not playing them because of the archer bug, I hope this Mod will later correct the other remaining bugs too!
    Last edited by Mithradates; July 13, 2007 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Thank You!
    Pontus is my favorite faction but I was not playing them because of the archer bug, I hope this Mod will later correct the other remaining bugs too!
    Which remaining bugs?

Which remaining bugs?
    Antioch has two roads, Iberia is too powerful, stuff like these.

Antioch having two roads is a bug, but, a very minor one...of all the roads that crisscross the giant map, if one city has two...does it really matter?

Iberia is too powerful, eh? That's easy enough. Either reduce their starting cash, increase unit costs, or both. I'll spy on them throughout my current Roman campaign and see how they progress. If I think they are too powerful, too, I'll make a version3 of this mod.

Thanks for the input though.

BTW, does anyone (if anyone is still playing this mod besides Mithradates and me) know how to add landbridges? I'm no good at mapping, if anyone would care to make a landbridges version of Lusted's map, I'd be very grateful.

Landbridges between where? Spain and Morocco? Italy and Sicily? England and France? Bosporos Straigts? It would take a while but I can do it.

Two roads in Antioch is a fault in descr_strat.txt. Go into the descr_strat.txt, find the Seleucids, scroll down to the region Antioch is in, which I think is the first one and delete one of the two roads listed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Landbridges between where? Spain and Morocco? Italy and Sicily? England and France? Bosporos Straigts? It would take a while but I can do it.
    God bless you irishron!

Yes, you read my mind exactly, the landbridges you mentioned are exactly what I want. Please and thank you.

irishron:
    I deleted the extra road from Syria and it worked, thank you!

Candelarius:
    Iberia IS powerful, maybe if you are near them you will not see this but look around in the screenshot section and you will see that a lot of people find them to strong.

btw if you could make the into and outro movies work with the mod it would be wonderful!

In the descr_sm_factions.txt, remove the seimcolons infront of the lines and the intro movies will work. The outro/death of faction movies I haven't dealt with. I am still getting a white screen instead of the faction symbols when a faction is destroyed.

Ok, as soon as irishron puts together the landbridges he so kindly offered to do, I'll put up a version3 of this mod, which will also include the fixed road in Antioch and a neutered Iberian faction. I was thinking about reducing their starting cash a bit and increasing the recruitment and upkeep costs of their units slightly. I don't want to neuter them too much or Carthage will over run them. What do you think of that?

The outro/death of faction movies I haven't dealt with. I am still getting a white screen instead of the faction symbols when a faction is destroyed.
    I imagine Lusted disabled the intro movies because the Brutii and Scipii factions are now different, and the units in the intro movies look nothing like the units in the game now...plus, the intro movies were really cheesy.

I didn't know there was a problem with the death of faction movies...does the problem go away? How severe is the problem? Has anyone emailed Lusted? Even if he won't make a version 5.2, I think it would be very nice of him to let us know how he would fix if he were going to, so we can figure it out ourselves... :hm:

As far as landbridges, do you want them all including England to Ireland and Denmark to Sweden? Do you have a preference of which order? Remember, to get them to show up in the game, it would delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign.

Edit 1: You would think at my age I'd learn when to shut up. I tried one using what you can do in M2TW but it didn't work. Upon searching the .org, RTW doesn't make it easy. On my weekend, I'm going to have to download a couple of mods that do use it figure out how.
    Last edited by irishron; July 15, 2007 at 10:08 AM.

As far as landbridges, do you want them all including England to Ireland and Denmark to Sweden? Do you have a preference of which order? Remember, to get them to show up in the game, it would delete the map.rwm and start a new campaign.

Edit 1: You would think at my age I'd learn when to shut up. I tried one using what you can do in M2TW but it didn't work. Upon searching the .org, RTW doesn't make it easy. On my weekend, I'm going to have to download a couple of mods that do use it figure out how.
    I was able to add landbridges to an earlier version of RTR, but, that was over a year ago. I spent about four hours reverse engineering RTR and the landbridge mod for Chivalry, but I, too, can't get it to work. I've followed the landbridge tutorial exactly and I copied what RTR did exactly, but, for some reason they still don't show up. Thus, that's why I asked for help.

If you can't get it to work, that's ok.

TE: CE had made a landbridge map for TE, but, I've searched everywhere and cannot find a download link for TE:CE.

But yeah, those additional landbridges you mentioned would be great, too.

EDIT: Ok, I fixed the road issue, too. I tried to reduce the power of Spain by increasing it's unit costs, but ran into a problem (see below). It's AI build preferences seem fine the way they are, and, it's starting cash is already at the lowest tier compared to other factions. So, I didn't change those. It seems that that Spanish AI just spams large stacks of units, so, therefore, I was going to increase it's cost of units a bit. But, the problem is Spain shares nearly every single one of it's units with Carthage...any increase in Spain's costs will increase Carthage's. The only unique unit to Iberia is the Bull Warrior, and, it's cost is already very, very high. Soooooooo, the solution is not in neutering Spain, it's gonna have to be changing it's AI, and, giving it more of a roadbump to fame. Therefore, I changed the AI build preference to fortified napaleon, which will focus on defensive building and light infantry (from comfort mao, which focuses on massed infantry production and heavy farm upgrades). Once I get the landbridges working (I'm playing around with them again this afternoon), Spain will have more of a threat to it's stability from Carthage and Numidia. Finally, we may need to increase the ability of Gaul to defend itself, perhaps by giving Gaul a large-ish starting army in south-western France?

EDIT2: Ok, I totally give up on the landbridges. I've wasted my entire afternoon searching the forums, reading the tutorial here and at the org, and reverse engineering RTR and Chivalry Total War, and even though I'm following all the instructions exactly as indicated, the landbridges just do not show up. So, until I can commission a modder to help out, my dream of adding landbridges is a no-go.
    Last edited by Candelarius; July 15, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

I saw a couple of things that might work and it they do, it'll on Gibraltor and Bosporos first. It'll be a few days so please have patience. If EB can do it, I'll figure it out.

Finally, we may need to increase the ability of Gaul to defend itself, perhaps by giving Gaul a large-ish starting army in south-western France?
    TE is the only mod where I saw that an AI faction (Epirus) killed Rome, if you give that army to the Gauls and they use it to attack Rome while Rome fights with Pyrrhus...
    I know you want to put that army to south-western France but the AI likes to move all its troops to the frontline wherever that frontline is and France is very near to Rome, there was a mod where the Seleucids at start had a large army near Tarsus (which was a rebel town with low garrison) they NEVER attacked Tarsus, they always moved the stack to the east because they needed extra swords there (btw when that army finaly arived to the east it was always too late, the AI is not perfect).

Gaul falls early because Iberia is extra rich like a second Greece and the Iberian AI builds a lot of armies from this money.

edit:
    Im not constructive, sorry about that, I know nearly nothing about modding.
    What I want to say: Gaul falls almost always because Iberia steamrolls them, weakening the Iberians maybe enough to balance that region but strenghtening the Gauls is maybe to much and the nearby factions will suffer because of the too strong Gauls, especially Rome because in this mod the Epirote invasion is not just a joke, Pyrrhus CAN win that war even when Rome has no other enemies, and Im talking here AI-Rome and AI-Epirote.

(Giving Gauls an army but weakening Pyrrhus in the same time? So the romans will most likely win and survive but that war will delay them enough to let the others advance.)
    Last edited by Mithradates; July 16, 2007 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    (Giving Gauls an army but weakening Pyrrhus in the same time? So the romans will most likely win and survive but that war will delay them enough to let the others advance.)
    Very good points.

I agree, strengthening Gaul, then, may not be the best idea. But I really don't know of any good way to weaken Iberia, either. I've changed their AI build preference from "comfort", which means a focus on farming and growth, to "fortified", which means a focus on defensive building and stability, and changed their military preference from "mao", which means mass infantry spamming, to "napoleon", which means a balance of heavy and light infantry, and light cavalry. I'm hoping that these settings, combined with the landbridge to Africa that irishron is working on, will result in reduced exapansion of the Iberian faction.

Thanks for the feedback! It's very much appreciated.

I saw a couple of things that might work and it they do, it'll on Gibraltor and Bosporos first. It'll be a few days so please have patience. If EB can do it, I'll figure it out.
    Take all the time you need my friend, I'm not going anywhere.

As far as Spain is concerned, while playing Briton and now the Germans, I have noticed Iberia will run Carthage off the peninsula and then head north.
    I wonder with the landbridge to Africa, if Iberia would follow Carthage across it. If they did, it would give the Gaul time to deal with Rome.

Carthage has to fight them there, so they don't have to fight them over here!
    <sorry, lame attempt at humor>

This Mod-of-a-Mod has breathed new life into RTW for me, and I'm looking forward to a little bit of playing this evening.

I've been noticing some activity in the Ferres Legions topic, have there been new releases that are yet to make it into this mod?

Cheers!

-Layne

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast