Thread: YOU a NOT my King

Default YOU a NOT my King

Never seen this before 4 of my english citys are rebeling and are out of my
    control, i have tried to kill them with assasins, but to no good.

the only thing i can do so far is to leave them alone untill they rebel,
    and then retake the citys and exterminate

so my conclusion on this is NEVER have famaly member in citys

I love this game

Default Re: YOU a NOT my King

It's an extremely annoying feature of the Blood, Broads, and Bastards mod, which is included in SS. It happened to me when I got excommunicated, which seemed to cause alot of unrest.

What doesn't make sense is that you can't do anything to resolve the situation. In reality, a king would send an army in to retake the city, or would execute the rebellious governor. But the BBB mod doesn't do anything except lock the city down and kill off the population.

I dident knew that it was caused by BBB, But it is a nice feature after all, in my point of view !
    except that you cant do a f...... thing about it, you shoul be able to kill then of with assasins.

This happened to me on a huge scale. My 60+ territory Milanese empire disintegrated after getting excommunicated, all of my generals betrayed me and I lost about 6 territories a turn until i gave up on the campaign completely.

It's poorly implemented, you cant even replace the traitor, cant do a damn thing about them.

I really hate it. I mean, I real HATE that. I delete that. Its not real. And If I wanted kill him or siege him. That would ok. But its not.

Hehe. On my first Templar camp. I installed Gottfried (is it?) as governor of a newly occupied red-faced Antioch - End turn + riots = disloyal Gottfried is no more

Its the closest thing to a civil war i think its a good and interesting feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post
    Its the closest thing to a civil war i think its a good and interesting feature.
    Except for the part where it's impossible to use most realistic means to put an end to it. If it were similar enough to a civil war feature, it would mean that it were possible to either assassinate or outright kill the rebelling general in battle. Instead, you just have a useless general which you can do nothing about.

edders's Avatar Senator

I agree - this is the worst feature of some of the big mods. It's bad enough in Vanilla that Generals just go rebel and sit around in the middle of the countryside or hole up in their city waiting to be reconquered - at least you can have a nice big battle with them in the middle of the countryside or assassinate/besiege them. This 'feature' is WORSE than that - it tries to simulate the negative effects of civil war without any of the remedies! Such a shame nobody has found a way to make civil war shadow factions like in BI...

hey, what is the trigger?

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

it's good trait trust me for disloyal governers

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

PlanetEx's Avatar Civis

The Source is simply the King. The King gets in high age an attribute like "causes revolts"....forgot the real name, sorry.

The solution is: Look always out for "red" cities without a real reason. If the Governor show the "You are NOT my King" attribute, hurry and get ur King killed. Not very nice, but the King is mostly 58 - 60 at this times anyways. Send him into a battle alone and try to get rid of him.

All the times this happend to me, i had the King in a city as governor and not on the battlefield...

The next turn everything will be normal again. I had this several times with the English!
    Last edited by PlanetEx; May 22, 2007 at 03:32 PM.
    Math, math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology - Peter Griffin (Family guy)

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

To avoid Bad trait which is "YOUR not my king"
    dont let your king go to war keep him govern the city if he goes to war specially when he command the units this trait will happen to his sons and his family members
    especially "disloyal to Liege"
    this one happen because people began to this their king is only love war and loses his authorities
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; May 26, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

hmm, well, don't get excommunicated then? quite honestly, excommunication was really bad back then. You realize back then , it was SERIOUSLY 90% population your talking about, and they would do ANYTHING for religions purposes

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you