Thread: Missing Sounds

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

Default Missing Sounds

Hey,

How do you add back the faction specific voices in UAI?

Like Scots speaking Scottish English

P.S Also, how would you change Edinburgh to a castle instead of a town at game start up? Thanks

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Missing Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Woad-Warrier View Post
    Hey,

How do you add back the faction specific voices in UAI?

Like Scots speaking Scottish English

P.S Also, how would you change Edinburgh to a castle instead of a town at game start up? Thanks
    You need to copy the content of your Medieval 2\data\sounds folder to the Medieval 2\ultimateAI\data\sounds folder. But in keep in mind, that this will require about 1.2 GB additional disk-space.

To change Edinburgh to a castle you need to edit the building entries for Edinburgh in the descr_strat.txt file in the imperial_campaign folder.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Woad-Warrier's Avatar Vicarius

I wub you

I tried that. The thing is, if I do overwrite the files, there will be a bunch of missing sounds in the campaign. If I do not overwrite the files, nothing happens. Its still the same, with almsot everyone speaking English English. Also, how do I make the movie clips return to the game? the desr_movies.xml file doesnt work at all.
    Last edited by Gungalley; May 19, 2007 at 07:15 AM.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gungalley View Post
    I tried that. The thing is, if I do overwrite the files, there will be a bunch of missing sounds in the campaign. If I do not overwrite the files, nothing happens. Its still the same, with almsot everyone speaking English English. Also, how do I make the movie clips return to the game? the desr_movies.xml file doesnt work at all.
    What do you mean by overwrite? You don't have to overwrite any files in the sound folder, only copy the missing ones to the ultimateAI\data\sounds folder.

Can anyone help out with the missing movies. This used to work before.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Yes, the events.idx file will be overwritten. Alright, I figured out part of my problem. Seems that when i copy the files over, events.idx file will be reduced by 10 kb to 6kb instead of 16kb when i start the game. Whats happening?

Edit: ARgh, reinstalled UAI and copied the files in the sound folder without overwriting events.idx. Theres no difference. The factions still speak English English. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Gungalley; May 19, 2007 at 08:03 AM.

Overwriting the files on the UAI sounds folder was necessary here, and if there are still problems (doesn't seem to be here) try deleting all files in the UAI sounds folder before copying all the files in the games main sound folder. If there are still sounds missing, describe a few specific ones for us to test.

I haven't used assassins lately but other event movies like the crusades play fine. Edit: Assassination videos works with this descr_movies.xml file: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...3&d=1168456830
    Last edited by mkk; May 21, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
    You drunken spinning mule, you!