Thread: Crashing issues.

Elephant Eyelash's Avatar Foederatus

Default Crashing issues.

I'm having some serious problems with this mod.

I first installed it a few weeks ago, and all was fine. I had a long campaign as the French going for nearly a week. Today, I went to play and every time I would fight a battle on the Battle Map, it would crash halfway through loading. Tried the original M2TW and no problems. So I reinstalled the entire game, and the mod. As quickly as I could, as The Papal States, I entered a battle. Worked fine. What a relief, right?

But then, it just started randomly crashing on the campaign map. Kept reloading the game. About 4 times total. What's going on? Is there anyone who could lend some insight on this problem?

Thanks.

Default Re: Crashing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Eyelash View Post
    I'm having some serious problems with this mod.

I first installed it a few weeks ago, and all was fine. I had a long campaign as the French going for nearly a week. Today, I went to play and every time I would fight a battle on the Battle Map, it would crash halfway through loading. Tried the original M2TW and no problems. So I reinstalled the entire game, and the mod. As quickly as I could, as The Papal States, I entered a battle. Worked fine. What a relief, right?

But then, it just started randomly crashing on the campaign map. Kept reloading the game. About 4 times total. What's going on? Is there anyone who could lend some insight on this problem?

Thanks.
    Did you install another mod or upgrade to 1.02?

SV 2.0 will be out in a few days, so it should eliminate any setup issues like this.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Yeah i have the same problem i think it's because the mod is not yet compatible with 1.2 so i guess we'll have to wait for 2.0

Elephant Eyelash's Avatar Foederatus

I actually had it running pre-1.02 and it had the same problem. So I thought maybe I had to upgrade to 1.02. I did and then it was working fine. Then today, as soon as I'd enter a battle... crash.

Im havin the same issue, when I was using vanilla+ 1.2 update, I was crashing when entering a battle, and I could only autoresolve. I now have "The Long Road" mod, and it does the same thing..... im beginning to think my computer doesn't like me. I had this problem before, and the only way I got rid of it was to reinstall everything all over again..... and im sorry, but not this time buddy..... i'd rather bit down on a plugged in light bulb.... take about 4 hours to get the whole thing back up and running. There has got to be a better way.

All i know about this error is that it is on the battlemap, and it is graphics related (obviously). I get as far as the map loading, the splash screen goes off, and then the battle map flicks on for a split second.... the BOOM! CRASH! You can see your units and the enemy units, towns and buildings, but the groud is messed up along with the sky, and sometimes the background. The ground turns up black and your view is as if the 3D plane that is the ground is right "in" the camera view. I'll try to explain this a little better.... ya know how alot of older 3D games had little errors in the scenery, like you could stick your head through a wall and see the other side, but you couldn't get shot, or half of your body was walking "through" the wall as you walked parallel to it? Thats what im talkin about. You can see the sky underneath the battle map ground. Just reporting what I see

Quote Originally Posted by GaianDruid85 View Post
    Im havin the same issue, when I was using vanilla+ 1.2 update, I was crashing when entering a battle, and I could only autoresolve. I now have "The Long Road" mod, and it does the same thing..... im beginning to think my computer doesn't like me. I had this problem before, and the only way I got rid of it was to reinstall everything all over again..... and im sorry, but not this time buddy..... i'd rather bit down on a plugged in light bulb.... take about 4 hours to get the whole thing back up and running. There has got to be a better way.

All i know about this error is that it is on the battlemap, and it is graphics related (obviously). I get as far as the map loading, the splash screen goes off, and then the battle map flicks on for a split second.... the BOOM! CRASH! You can see your units and the enemy units, towns and buildings, but the groud is messed up along with the sky, and sometimes the background. The ground turns up black and your view is as if the 3D plane that is the ground is right "in" the camera view. I'll try to explain this a little better.... ya know how alot of older 3D games had little errors in the scenery, like you could stick your head through a wall and see the other side, but you couldn't get shot, or half of your body was walking "through" the wall as you walked parallel to it? Thats what im talkin about. You can see the sky underneath the battle map ground. Just reporting what I see
    Is your MIITW patched to 1.02? SV 2.0 will absolutely not work with MIITW 1.01.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag