Thread: Got problem!

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Got problem!

Hello, My M2:TW isn't working as it should, when i play the campaign for about 15-30 minutes it shuts down, and a warning message pops up, it says:
    "M2:TW has encountered an unspeicified error, and will now exit"
    This is very enoying indeed. It all began when i installed this mod, so i would really like to know what is causing this.

Thanks
    Last edited by aNarion.; May 18, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

Elephant Eyelash's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Got problem!

Same thing is happening to me when playing mods.

It's so depressing. Because I've played and beaten M2TW with every single faction, and now all I have are the mods. And they won't play... I want to play so badly.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Strange, I have no problems with mods.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I might add that it all happens when the turn ends, when i say that i mean when all other factions have made there move also, and then the game totally shuts down, for no reason im aware of.
    please help me with this issue

I have the same problem. RP-M works fine. Then I put on rob the celts update and the patches with it and it says that before it even starts.help, can't play the game

are there none support on this mod?

I'm new to modding. The RP mod is the only one that works for me. I tired others with alot of problems. I can't get rob's add on to work, I was hoping to get the z's islamic princesses mod to go to, no luck. Was wondering if there were any hard AI mods that would work with RP mod.

any help appreciated

jamie
    Last edited by jamiec3po; May 21, 2007 at 12:32 PM.

I also have this problem with 2.3. I am downloading 2.4, I hope it will not appeal in 2.4.

Hey guys.

Rob_the_celts addon is for RPM 2.3, just in case you didn't notice, and was only fully tested with MTW2 1.1 as far as I know.

But it's almost obsolete now anyway, because RPM 2.4 is out now.

2.4 has some (minor) bugs too:

- a ctd when clicking certain faction's strat models on campaign map: Solved by copying the original sound files to the RPM mod folder; This also happens in other mods, BTW.
    - a strange graphics bug, were buttons and icons change their appearence and so on - causes a slow CTD: Just save & reload when you notice the bug; this also happens in other mods.
    - It seems that some language versions of mtw2 1.2 have no working launcher (my own, for example... ). In this case, RPM 2.4 won't work of course. You'll need to invest a little extra effort to get it to work (Mod switcher, ...)

No serious things. A great mod everyone should try out.

yes, maybe it's ture, i run the 2.3 under MTW2 1.2, this problem appeared. now i will try 2.4 under 1.2, i hope it will run well.

Yorkiesand23's Avatar Foederatus

A suggestion for people having issues with mods One of things I try to do is copy part of the error log file from the log directory under MTW2, so people can understand the error.

One of the reasons why you may get a CTD is the following

15:35:02.348 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnCrusaders>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <CharacterTurnEnd>
    when testing <IsCrusadeTargetFaction> condition
    15:35:02.348 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <DamnCrusaders>
    : <target_faction> is unavailable from event <CharacterTurnEnd>
    when testing <IsCrusadeTargetFaction> condition
    15:35:04.410 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

to solve ensure you check and amend the following

if you are using a different desc_strat (a different mod) file ensure the AI label is the same as descr_sm_factions.txt religon label under each country

so descr_sm_factions

faction england
    culture northern_european
    religion catholic this must equal the ai label

in desc_strat
    ; >>>> start of factions section <<<<
    faction england, trader henry
    ai_label catholic
    Last edited by Yorkiesand23; June 05, 2007 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkiesand23 View Post
    to solve ensure you check and amend the following

if you are using a different desc_strat (a different mod) file ensure the AI label is the same as descr_sm_factions.txt religon label under each country

so descr_sm_factions

faction england
    culture northern_european
    religion catholic this must equal the ai label

in desc_strat
    ; >>>> start of factions section <<<<
    faction england, trader henry
    ai_label catholic
    Thanks, I didn't know this.
    But these are no good news - I thought I could include more different AIs by changing the ai_label of catholic factions .

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

The best way to find the fault is in steps. My own impatience and inexperience at modding make me frustrated because thinga don't work right the first time.
    My advise would be try these steps for your own sanity. Part of this I got off the .org after 1.2 patch came out.
    1. Uninstall the game and any reference to it or any of the mods.
    2. I suggest reboot to get rid of anything left in memory.
    3. Install the game and reboot to get rid anything in memory.
    4. Play the game. Works? good. install the 1.2 patch. If not back to #1.
    5. Reboot to clear memory and delete the map.rwm file.
    6. Play the game. Works? good. Install rpmbm 2.4. Delete the map.rwm file.

Now for me, I can play the game. The only addon I'd install would be billydilly's heraldry mod. Anything else would probably undo allyour hard work.

As far as the launcher, I didn't install the registry keys and still using the bat file from 2.3.