Thread: Family Tree?

Default Family Tree?

Hey all,

Not sure if I'm the only one that this has happened to or not by my family tree is gone... It disapered sometime around 1110 when I checked to see who my crown prince was and it was AWOL. it's now around 1150 and it still hasn't come back. All I see are the original two family members from the begining of the game and they are of course grayed out, what gives?

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Family Tree?

Hmm, Which faction?

Are you sure it didn't just grow too large and you need to scroll to see them?
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Is is possible that one of your adopties became king? If so, then thats the reason.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

I had that happen once, but it cleared up after the current king died... The family tree just showed up again about thirty years later!

Odd, I've never seen that. It seems like a vanilla issue.

My whole family tree is full of dead people, im presuming an adoptee became king and his !family" are the generals and princes that i am using now. I didnt check the tree often but the last one of the "original" family died out over 80 turns ago and none of the new guys show up on the family tree screen.

Odd, in 1.1 when your family was wiped out, it would switch to the other family. I'm not sure I can fix that.

madscientist22's Avatar Tiro
    University of Southern California, California, USA

Something similar happened to me as well, I managed to marry one of my princesses off to a Byzantine family member (he had the trait Greek Blood). Anyway, when my first two Kings died, he got the regency and once he became King, my family tree disappeared and instead I got the Byzantine family tree... And it's not even interesting to look at as I wiped out the Byzantines (playing Turks) ironically using my Byzantine general.

So, I thought that I'd hopefully get the tree back at his death, no such luck even though I got his sons killed (Greek blood gave them away) and someone with Turkish blood took over the throne.

I never had a general of another faction become King in vanilla so I don't know if this is normal, but then again I never had a 7 Charm princess either.
    Intel Core i7 920
    Asus P6T Deluxe X58
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB
    OCZ Gold (3x1GB) DDR3 1600