Thread: -nm -show_err

Default -nm -show_err

I Install last night Roma Surrectum by the steps from download thread, but i cant make this one .... after i change shortcut target i cant apply this line......

9. you can also add -nm -show_err to the end of 'RomeTW.exe' in your shortcut target. It should look like this:

(RTW)\RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err

I played about 50 turns (as Rome) and everything is ok, no CTD but, am i going to have some problems later or what ?

Default Re: -nm -show_err

Basically -nm means no movie, you don't get the intro movie at the start which I always escape out of anyway. The game loads quicker. -show_err means that if you get any errors then you'll generally see what's gone wrong, it just makes it easier for us to fix any bugs if there are any

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

So it's not necesary to apply that line in shortcut?, and why i can't apply it at all, i use copy paste from the instruction download thread....
    sorry on bad english and gram. mistakes
    and thanks TONE fore answer

You're not using the (RTW) bit are you?

Basically it should read:

path...to...your...RTW..folder/RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err

Where path to your RTW folder is something like
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War
    or whatever

so it becomes something like:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

No i'm not using the (RTW) bit, It's a Rome total war 1.5 (im not patched it to 1.3 because i have original and it's a 1.5 version), and yes, path is ok but after i insert that link i can't apply it.

C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err

That's the line but it wont work..... so i'm playing it without it ....
    Anyway best RTW mode by now (i tested it all), textures are great...
    Are you guys planning something for M2TW? your AOR system is interesting...
    Last edited by Praetorian BG; May 17, 2007 at 04:28 AM.

Sometimes it's got to be in inverted commas:

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err

Damn..... you are right, i was doing this....

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe-nm -show_err"

Once again Tone thanks..

....Never install RTW modes after a bad day at work... or you forget commas...

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

Answered, explained in detail, and closed.