Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction List

Default Re: Faction List

Sticky...

no not sticky , we are at 90% with the mod , we cant still discuss about factions , that would be good if we bla bla bla and doing nothing but since version 1 is so close to be finished there is no sense to hear people complaining because there isnt a faction or questioning because there is another instead !! There are 5923827 mods that just talk and doing nothing ...

this is the faction list for the first release

all the vanilla ( 80% reskinned and with many new units )
    + Cilician Armenia
    Burgundy
    Aragon
    Ireland
    The Teutonic Order
    Kipchaks

And in the Second Release

Vanilla Factions
    New Factions
    +
    Wales
    Toulouse
    Serbia
    Florence

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

im tired...why dont exist any real mod with bohemia..its interesting/imprtant faction ..
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Yup, we should have done Bohemia.

But we must be happy with what we have, though if I would be in charge the Faction List would look totally different

sorry im pretty new on this forum so i dont now where to write this

Question 1: how can i get the new factions?

Question 2: Is there a chance i can make a new faction myself?

Question 3: if u got the factions, can u lay them out on this website and explain to me how i can make the file(s) work.

(btw im from Norway hehe... and sorry for the spam )

1)to get the new factions you will have to download our mod when its ready

2) its not easy ...

3) you have just to download the mod when ready and run the mod from the Launcher ...nothing else .

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

i think you guys are doing an awesome job. you have a mission and are making great progress and i applaud that. no matter what, people will complain because their faction isn't included in certain mods, but such is life. all they have to do is stop spamming forums with complaints and read some tutorials and then they can make their own mod with the factions of their chose. this is a general statement and not directed at anyone so no one go throwing an e-tantrum

Default Re: Official Screenshots

Very nice! For Armenia, are you going to call them by the native name or just "Kingdom of"?
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

its up to lordC to decide that ... i think that in english its more democratic and they are more recognizable by everyone ... but in their native language they appeal much more the people of these countries ... anyway i think that very few italians know how were called milan or Venice in that ages cos the language was very different too ... and for them will be a foreign language anyway lol

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Very nice! For Armenia, are you going to call them by the native name or just "Kingdom of"?
    I think we will call them by their native name in the selection screens, but in the campaign, we will likely use English.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    I think we will call them by their native name in the selection screens, but in the campaign, we will likely use English.
    thats a relief. Since flags will be changed in the mod, i think it would be problematic trying to figure out who the "orangish, redish, greenish flag guys" are by a name in their native tongue "Kingdom of" will be alot more condusive to actually playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by doobieboy View Post
    thats a relief. Since flags will be changed in the mod, i think it would be problematic trying to figure out who the "orangish, redish, greenish flag guys" are by a name in their native tongue "Kingdom of" will be alot more condusive to actually playing the game
    Yes, well we would like to have some degree of autheticity, but we don't want people to have to learn 30 different languages just to be able to play.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When is this mod coming out mm/dd/yyyy?

the mod is basically finished ... im waiting that some guys do what they have to do , my job is done

Whoop! And I think I speak for most people when I say that.
    in vita mea

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

congragulations (i know i misspelled that) we needa holiday when this mod comes out

Hey, so im new to this mod, and i wanna say it looks really cool. i just wanted to bring up some comments about the faction names, and i figured this was the best thread to do it.

scotland should be "Ríoghachd na hAlbann"
    Albann is the gen case of the nom Alba

ireland should be either "Ríoghacht na hÉireann" or "Éire"
    for the same nom/gen reasons as with scotland (note that "t" as well)

there are also time period considerations, the old name of ireland is "Éiriú"
    and ríoghacht would have instead been spelt "rígacht".

anyway, please let me know your feelings. im only bringing this up bc u said that u were making efforts 2 ensure accuracy.

thanx a bunch,
    glendan
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; September 25, 2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Post has not been edited...my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by shautora View Post
    Hey, so im new to this mod, and i wanna say it looks really cool. i just wanted to bring up some comments about the faction names, and i figured this was the best thread to do it.

scotland should be "Ríoghachd na hAlbann"
    Albann is the gen case of the nom Alba

ireland should be either "Ríoghacht na hÉireann" or "Éire"
    for the same nom/gen reasons as with scotland (note that "t" as well)

there are also time period considerations, the old name of ireland is "Éiriú"
    and ríoghacht would have instead been spelt "rígacht".

anyway, please let me know your feelings. im only bringing this up bc u said that u were making efforts 2 ensure accuracy.

thanx a bunch,
    glendan

Actually, these changes have been made...except for Scotland. In the mod, we have Alba, rather than Albann. I'll make a note of it.

-John G. Hartung

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast