Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction List

Default Re: Faction List

LC.

I suppose that Mongols and Timurids are non-playable

@Monkeyman
    I guess that we are not going to sack the Aztecs. I liked the idea, but if we would remove aztecs that means we should sack 40 years and gunpowder aswell.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    LC.

I suppose that Mongols and Timurids are non-playable
    Your supposition is correct. Emerging factions are non-playable.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Do we count Teutonic Knights as an Emerging Faction?

Are they playable?

I suppose they are.

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    Do we count Teutonic Knights as an Emerging Faction?

Are they playable?

I suppose they are.
    we will try to script the Teutonic faction to emerge after a Catholic nation takes Acre.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Okay...

So that means thy aren't playable, what a shame

THEY ARE PLAYABLE RELAX ....
    we try to make them emergent and playable in all the ways we can
    if it will be not possible the will not be emergent but present from the beginning

Ok..

So I was wrong after all
    Good.

I guess that we can make them palyable and emergent at the same time.
    There are mods like "Lords of the Plains" which make mongols playable, I haven't test them though so they may be there from the start.

I hope that we can do it like that.

-Heretic
    Last edited by HereticFang; May 20, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    if it will be not possible the will not be emergent but present from the beginning
    I can't say I agree with this...we'll have to discuss it later. Historical accuracy is my BIGGEST concern.

-John G. Hartung

i think that the historical accuracy is to have a coherent and plausible historical development of Europe during the time span .Its not historical to have all "perfect" for the first 5 years and maybe not having the Teutonic order in play .. i prefer to have a teutonic order from the beginning that is around 1240 in his real dimension , and right now is what happen with our strategic AI .
    Otherwise it sound like removing France because we cant set the first historical nephew of the king :p

I don't agree. I just don't want to have factions in the beginning of the game that did not exist for another 150 years. That was one of my main goals when I started this.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 20, 2007 at 01:08 PM.

-John G. Hartung

gamespan of the game 450 years ... the teutonic order was present for 320+ years ...
    Wales for example for +/- 200
    so its less "historic" to put Wales than Teutonics imo ( its just an example but Sicily , Egypt , Armenia , Mongols , Timurids have a lifespan in the game less or equal the one of the order ).

Quote Originally Posted by Fra70 View Post
    gamespan of the game 450 years ... the teutonic order was present for 320+ years ...
    Wales for example for +/- 200
    so its less "historic" to put Wales than Teutonics imo ( its just an example but Sicily , Egypt , Armenia , Mongols , Timurids have a lifespan in the game less or equal the one of the order ).
    It's true they were present, but they weren't a state...they were in Acre, then Transylvania, then Poland... I'm not saying they were any less significant, just that they are hard to place in one spot at a time they did not even exist.

-John G. Hartung

would it be possible in this mod to lower the percentage of uinquisitors because they are constantly killing my family members and also could you make it possible so when i kill the papacy the pope remaons dead?
    - beta tester for Paeninsula Italica

1) well we can talk about tuning the inquisitors but really it takes 5 minutes to do it , not a big issue .
    2) why ???

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    also could you make it possible so when i kill the papacy the pope remaons dead?
    This is not that kind of mod. The Papacy can't die because you kill the Pope...that's just too unrealistic.

-John G. Hartung

mmmh...

I thought that CA modded the inquisitor strength in the 1.2 patch.

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

So, guys, you're going to have County of Toulouse AND Teutonic Order at the same time? Why not Kingdom of Jerusalem? Or Ottoman Empire? Why not to make even less sence? Sorry to hear that...

Why ? kingdom of jerusalem is a derivation from France at the beginning ... all the crusaders were known as Franks ( it was wrong of course but that show you how big was the weight of france in it ) . So removing the race to be the champion of christianity will remove alot from the game , organizing a crusade is still very interesting and will be a great and difficult thing to be planned in our mod .
    The same is for the ottoman empire ...basically is an evolution of the Turks in the XIII century and its quite seamless .

Btw talking of more serious things ... ive met LordC here and we planned to make another 2/3 factions and the release the mod ...then we will add the 3 remaining factions later ... we think that is better to make the factions very well , very unique and detailed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufats View Post
    So, guys, you're going to have County of Toulouse AND Teutonic Order at the same time? Why not Kingdom of Jerusalem? Or Ottoman Empire? Why not to make even less sence? Sorry to hear that...
    I have an idea. If you are not going to post constructive criticism, don't post anything at all. Your sarcastic BS is not welcome here. If you have a real question, ask it. Otherwise, kindly refrain from trolling our thread.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast