Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports - v1.9.9 Archive

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Icon10 Bug Reports - v1.9.9 Archive

This thread is for bug reports.

Last edited by tornnight; May 18, 2007 at 07:13 AM.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bug Reports

You are a bad man....
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Darn. That's definately a bug. No clue how to fix it though.

Crashed. The buildings crashed me in Constantinople, and the faces started appaering where the buttons were, really weird stuff.

the milan diplomat has muslim voice. also did custom battle with two new factions and the generals were chrome. still an awsome mod!!
    Last edited by ruizbumkins; May 16, 2007 at 01:11 AM.

Love the new version, but there's just one thing that's been bugging me since I started playing the mod. What's the point of building castles? From what I can see in the building browser, you get all the same units in cities that you get in castles, plus the odd pike militia unit, plus you get the freedom of playing with the taxes, as well as markets and merchants. I mean, I'm happy as to play the campaign without a castle in sight (I hate both attacking and defending them after all) but I'm just curious as to whether castles have anything that cities don't.

Oh, and I'll just reinforce the first posters problem with wierd glitchy heads and buttons and stuff. I got that problem just after playing around with the building browser menu, and it froze my game (and my computer too oddly enough)

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by Soggius Chippius View Post
    Oh, and I'll just reinforce the first posters problem with wierd glitchy heads and buttons and stuff. I got that problem just after playing around with the building browser menu, and it froze my game (and my computer too oddly enough)
    Three makes it valid. I am having the exact same problems. I hope that you'll sort out the glitches and come up with a patch tornnight.

I have just dowloaded it, and tryed only custom battle for the moment.

The elephants are white... i don't think that it's a new skin, they're totally white in battles i have made.. it's fun, but reduce quite the serious of battles.

The new factiosn are too similars, kievan rus-russia, Syrian Caliphate, Abbassid Caliphate-Turks empire,and the Kwarezmian Empire remplace the timurids?

The mercenaries trigger that you select them you choose units in custom battle have little problems to slide down slowly.

Personal: the units should be place like infantry, mercenary infantry, archers, mercenary archers and cavalry then mercenary cavalry)

Loading screens are longer:normal? (beggining, one battle with kievan rus while others were normals)

There is not music in some custom battles,sounds work correctly.

And last, is there will be armor upgrade for the mercenaries and the new units, while they could have weapons upgrade?

thanks.
    (p.s. The new units are really really cool)

Ok. I have tried some few turn on a spanish campaign, here is what i found:
    When chosing a faction, you can't see where you will begin ( not really a bug, but since the map is remodled, it would be nice to know the start points)

Turns are a bit longer, (normal?) and, at the very first start, there's already factions into war, I prefer when it's up to the player to chose all his allies and ennemies.

The new traits are writen like this: "Inexperienced gouvernor". The "" should be removed to fill better with the others.

I had after three turns some bad textures on next turn, on accept or refuse buttons, i don't really think it's a new style, and the turn after, a morrish diplomat come, and when the window of diplomacy must come, I had a crash to destop.
    Last edited by super-panda; May 16, 2007 at 06:09 AM.

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

First of all thank you for your hard work.
    I had lots of CTD playing the campaign as Portuguese.
    Spanish units speak in name of Scotland.
    When I look at the stats of the units the close button on the lower right side of the frame disapear.
    In the campaign select some nations have the new map some have the old map.
    I can't really play much because of the crashes.

BTW - Could you change the name of Oporto to Guimarães? It was the first Capital and main Castle of Portugal. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ruizbumkins View Post
    the milan diplomat has muslim voice. also did custom battle with two new factions and the generals were chrome. still an awsome mod!!
    Did you delete your old directory before installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman-Byzantium View Post
    Crashed. The buildings crashed me in Constantinople, and the faces started appaering where the buttons were, really weird stuff.
    Hmm. May be the .sd files. I was having trouble with those.
    You can try deleting The_Long_Road/data/ui/*.sd files.
    You won't see the new faction shields but it may be more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Soggius Chippius View Post
    Love the new version, but there's just one thing that's been bugging me since I started playing the mod. What's the point of building castles? From what I can see in the building browser, you get all the same units in cities that you get in castles, plus the odd pike militia unit, plus you get the freedom of playing with the taxes, as well as markets and merchants. I mean, I'm happy as to play the campaign without a castle in sight (I hate both attacking and defending them after all) but I'm just curious as to whether castles have anything that cities don't.

Castles give units more experience which makes a big difference. You can also access better units faster. Beyond that, they provide better defense.

Quote Originally Posted by super-panda View Post
    I have just dowloaded it, and tryed only custom battle for the moment.

The elephants are white... i don't think that it's a new skin, they're totally white in battles i have made.. it's fun, but reduce quite the serious of battles.

The new factiosn are too similars, kievan rus-russia, Syrian Caliphate, Abbassid Caliphate-Turks empire,and the Kwarezmian Empire remplace the timurids?

The mercenaries trigger that you select them you choose units in custom battle have little problems to slide down slowly.

Personal: the units should be place like infantry, mercenary infantry, archers, mercenary archers and cavalry then mercenary cavalry)

Loading screens are longer:normal? (beggining, one battle with kievan rus while others were normals)

There is not music in some custom battles,sounds work correctly.

And last, is there will be armor upgrade for the mercenaries and the new units, while they could have weapons upgrade?

thanks.
    (p.s. The new units are really really cool)

Ok. I have tried some few turn on a spanish campaign, here is what i found:
    When chosing a faction, you can't see where you will begin ( not really a bug, but since the map is remodled, it would be nice to know the start points)

Turns are a bit longer, (normal?) and, at the very first start, there's already factions into war, I prefer when it's up to the player to chose all his allies and ennemies.

The new traits are writen like this: "Inexperienced gouvernor". The "" should be removed to fill better with the others.

I had after three turns some bad textures on next turn, on accept or refuse buttons, i don't really think it's a new style, and the turn after, a morrish diplomat come, and when the window of diplomacy must come, I had a crash to destop.
    White elephants? I'll check it out.

I can't set the order of the units. Sorry.

The new factions will be more and more different with the next versions. It was quite a bit of work to get them to this point.

Only a few mercenary units have armor upgrades available.

The map faction position at campaign start is just a place holder. I'll fix that.

Some factions were at war in earlier versions too. That is historically correct.
    Turns may be slightly longer. More factions.

The quotes around the special traits are on purpose given their special nature. What does everyone else think?

Try deleting those .sd files I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonxas View Post
    First of all thank you for your hard work.
    I had lots of CTD playing the campaign as Portuguese.
    Spanish units speak in name of Scotland.
    When I look at the stats of the units the close button on the lower right side of the frame disapear.
    In the campaign select some nations have the new map some have the old map.
    I can't really play much because of the crashes.

BTW - Could you change the name of Oporto to Guimarães? It was the first Capital and main Castle of Portugal. Cheers

Did you delete the previous The_Long_Road folder before installing the new one? If you didn't, try deleting all the files in
    The_Long_Road/data/sounds

Ahh I definately see you didn't delete the old directory, given that you see some of the old maps. Make sure you delete the old directory FIRST, then install.

I'll take a look at Guimaraes.

Hi there, first of all thank you so much for the update! I am experiencing a few problems like the others however. I just had an unexplained CTD playing as England in the first few turns.

I did delete the original folders, freshly patched to 1.2 and installed your new mod.

I'll investigate further.

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but Palermo, one of the largest cities in Europe, starts with a population of 50! Is this a feature to slow things down?

Also, my Dhows display on the unit window as peasants.

Siculus

Ok, I make a simple with the order or priorities of what I have found:

-The crash to desktop are maybe connected with sound, the first I had was when a morish diplomat was going to talk, and the second when one of my generals was saying move out. Maybe later I will see if I am right if I have anothers ones.

-I had a crash to destop when I try to begin a Kwarezmian Empire campagin, the third time, it works, the bugs was: medieval 2 total war has encortered a unspecified error.

-The white elephants are really strange in white skin, it's not very important like it seem that only the skin is strange but that look messed up on the battlefield.

-The musics in customs maps doesn't work on some, but sound works correctly.

Others I have found are not really important.
    thanks.
    Last edited by super-panda; May 16, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

ive tried two custom battles so far, unfortunately they both ctd during loading, il try and pinpoint the cause more accurately, its transformed since the last beta i played though good work!
    Popular superstition is still superstition.

Could this be the cause:

data/unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod0.mesh is missing
    14:49:17.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod1.mesh is missing
    14:49:17.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod2.mesh is missing
    14:49:17.640 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/LN_Brigandine_heavy/venetian_heavy_infantry_ug1_lod3.mesh is missing
    VHI works fine maybe its a unit which shares the textures.

Also the unit card for Ghurid_Archers is missing and you might want to up the default money in custom battles, if possible

I have the same problem as Roman-Byzantium. It occured while I was browsing buildings in Frankfurt (playing as HRE). Then I had a CTD when i tried to talk to paris with my princes.
    Last edited by Lord Arne; May 16, 2007 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Reformulated

"I am the king of the Romans, and am superior to rules of grammar"

- Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor

too much castles and cities with walls in Asia. You should reduce the amount of cities with walls.

Torn, it sounds like the sound files are causing problems...don't know if this helps,

1-but in the latest Dues Lo Volt release, you had to manually copy over the vanilla 1.2 sound files to the mod folder, would this be nessesary for TLR??

2-If the *.sd files are causing problesm and they are related to the shields, perhaps Repman or Tokus Maximus from DLV could help

Lastly thanks for releasing this new mod, I deleted my last DLV mod, which yes (looks guilty) I was playing around with until your newest 1.2 release.
    Sadly however I'm at work and cannot play until later but I will keep you posted, keep up the good work

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

Quote Originally Posted by Siculus View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or what, but Palermo, one of the largest cities in Europe, starts with a population of 50! Is this a feature to slow things down?

Also, my Dhows display on the unit window as peasants.

Siculus
    Hmm. I thought I changed that to 100. Actually yes, it was to slow it down and to limit the income levels.

Think of it as an indicator of Taxable population.

Hmm, thanks for the Dhows, clue.

Quote Originally Posted by onefistedboxer View Post
    Could this be the cause:

VHI works fine maybe its a unit which shares the textures.
    Excellent, that's one bug I can easily fix.

Quote Originally Posted by onefistedboxer View Post
    Also the unit card for Ghurid_Archers is missing and you might want to up the default money in custom battles, if possible
    Ya good point. If I find a place to change that, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Asean View Post
    too much castles and cities with walls in Asia. You should reduce the amount of cities with walls.
    Good idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast