Thread: UAI 1.5 is out!

Default UAI 1.5 is out!

Just wanted to let everyone know the new UAI is out. I also just wanted to know how we update the version in DLV 3.0 ourselves? In other words, which files do we use? Thanks.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: UAI 1.5 is out!

Just replace these files in DLV mod folder with the latest from Ultimate AI.

descr_faction_standing.txt
    descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    descr_diplomacy.xml

There is no need to change the descr_strat.txt, AFAIK the bugfix version of DLV did this already.
    Last edited by GrandViZ; May 25, 2007 at 08:55 AM.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Will this be saved game compatable?

Kye.

@grandviz,
    you have in your mod the realistic building tree and the real combat, how can we add this features to dlv also?

i tried to fix a little the balancing issue, but realcombat (mod that i had not seen prior to this) seems pretty pro...

i should also check lusteds and darth.. but i think you have done that already...

i read realcombat was for 1.1, but you are using the beta, i guess for 1.2..

what do you believe its better / do you recommend to do with DLV 3 (03)?

help us build our own dlv 3.1 while repman is busy =P

also, is there a better moded AI for battle? at least some pathfindings/bugfixer newer and better than the used in dlv right now?

sry i ask you all this, but you seem to be able to read and understand all mod forums so you are one of the best sources of info available XDD
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 24, 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Integrating Real Combat and Realistic Building Tree may cost a lot of time, as DLV makes changes to the according files as well, and has additional factions. You will need to merge all modifications manually, if you want these mods to work with DLV. The modified files from Ultimate AI will not work for you.

Yes, I use the RC 1.2 beta, but there will be definetly some improvements with the final version. There is also a guide from Point Blank on how to balance new units. Just ask him.

In regard to battle AI, well I am currently working on a complete battle AI modification for 1.2. But I don't know what files DLV uses, or if they are any good.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Last edited by GrandViZ; May 25, 2007 at 08:55 AM.

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

What is UAI and where is it?

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

Okay, so when I now have DLV 3.3 installed, I only need to add those 3 files;

descr_faction_standing.txt
    descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    descr_diplomacy.xml

And that is all?

Exactly.

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

Wow, great thanks, I really love Ultimate AI, but didnt know it was running with DLV.
    I just dont understand how you can run it, with only these 3 files when there is like 50 files and folders you have downloaded!

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

thanks GrandViZ

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

what would be the main diference between your battle AI and darth´s or condottieri´s?

what are you aiming for?

BTW if you check the two Mongol themed threads in this forums, you will see there is a problem with mongolian campaign AI

maybe it is not fixable, it seems not be so menacing to gameplay anyway
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 26, 2007 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoex View Post
    what would be the main diference between your battle AI and darth´s or condottieri´s?

What are you aiming for?
    Well, I don't want to diminish anyone else's work, but e.g in Darth's mod, the modifications to the descr_pathfinding.txt make no sense at all. If you have an idea of how pathfinding algorithms work, and have a look at that particular file, then you'll understand what I mean.

My main motivation is not to compare myself to other mods (this is the job of the community), but to find out, what can be achieved by modifiying the vanilla files. I also won't interfere with unit balance (therefore I use Real Combat from Point Blank).

I want to
    - give the AI better standard formations (siege and open battle)
    - improve the skirmish behavior of ranged units (I think the skirmish behavior of the vanilla AI is really bad)
    - improve the response times to commands
    - improve pathfinding
    - eliminate AI passiveness to ranged attacks
    - increase the efficiency of AI in siege battles

BTW if you check the two Mongol themed threads in this forums, you will see there is a problem with mongolian campaign AI.
    I did, but it seems not everybody has this issue. But I'll look into it.

EDIT: I saw, that you reported in a second thread about the mongols not attacking for a long time. My question for you is: Were they at war with you, and didn't attack, or where they just not declaring war on you?

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Last edited by GrandViZ; May 26, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

@Grandviz

Why not just put the mongols at_war_with Turkey and Russia in faction_relations, so they are at war as soon as they appear? Btw this isnt just a UAI related problem, I sometimes get passive mongols in vanilla as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    @Grandviz

Why not just put the mongols at_war_with Turkey and Russia in faction_relations, so they are at war as soon as they appear? Btw this isnt just a UAI related problem, I sometimes get passive mongols in vanilla as well.
    Because, you can't know which factions will be still alive, when they arrive, and control that region of the map.

I know, that this is an relict from the vanilla game. I'll definetly fix it with the next update - promised!

Regards
    GrandViZ

what happend with mongols in my campaing of dlv 3 + 03 so far:

-as soon as campaign start, mongols are in war with kiev, novgorod and the turks (myself), so this answers dave scarface, mongols is a playable faction in dlv so when they "appear" all factions are alive

-mongols start to expand really slow, despite not having any menace. both rus factions have same deal, they expand slower than others as far as i can notice

-they fight against both rus factions and start losing some terrain, recover it, lose it again.

-they ask me a ceasefire (never attacked them), wich i trade for a trade agreement.

-i dont remember them having more than 3 or 4 countries

-when mongol horde arrives is announced, they just gather together. now they have a few countries AND a horde star in the map

-mongols lose both two lasting settlements that they do not deffend, having thousands of troops one inch of the city, and now they are horde AND with no countries owned.

-they began moving REALLY slow... toward my lands, despite the rus being closer and in war with them since game start.

-they take a castle from me, tbilisi, but they walk away towards another, tbilisi rebels the same turn they take it.

-they are attaking a nearby city, despite the fact that i retook tbilisi

-i dont know when they are gonna settle down. i just guess they will sometime soon, i suppose that will happen when im fairly destroyed..

what happened to me in a DLV 1.9 campaign was that a mongol stak spawned over a river, so they couldnt move anywhere and every mongol stak in the map got frozen as well (i could attack the ones not in the river, but it didnt triger them out, i tried moving the stack in the river a few milimeters down the river, but they kept frozen forever.
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 27, 2007 at 08:21 PM.

btw, if you can make that cavs running near walls in some maps dont run slower than they walk, or you can make actually posible to move troops over the walls withou them getting all buggy... i will be most happy XD

DLV is practically based on siege defense agains stack after stack of enemies each turn, so moving defensive troops over the walls being buggy is a quite un immersive feature =)

can you make it fairier the outcome of autobattles with actual probability?

so far i have notice than when its about siege, it doesnt calculate walls, and walls are big killers. my guess is that it doesnt also calculates the defensive upgrade that means having full moral at the plaza, with units not breaking (and viceversa). probably it skips also the knowledge that when one unit climbs a siege engine up to the walls, they get pawned by a troop equal or slightly worst than them
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 27, 2007 at 08:31 PM.