Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor Crash

Little Nicky's Avatar Foederatus

Default Minor Crash

Usually its random, but most common at the end of the turn usually within the Papal States-Rebels turns, it crashes to the desktop saying:

Medieval II: Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

But I haven't gotten that error until recently, I played out 100 or so turns until it started, it was usually every other turn.

I'm downloading 3.2 which I haven't done yet, so if that fixes it I'll let you know.

If Your Father Was The Devil
    And Your Mother Was An Angel
    You'd Be Messed Up Too

www.freewebs.com/nikandros

Default Re: Minor Crash

I have the exact same problem.... i've been posting everywhere and no one seems to be able to help.

I am using 3.2 btw... this prob never occured on the earlier versions of the mod at all.

I used a fresh install of mtw with the new patch 1.2 official...... installed 3.0 then 3.2 and it does it radomly on the rebel and papal turns just like he stated.
    Last edited by Madden; May 14, 2007 at 08:18 PM.

I have same problem guys ....
    Played as HRE about 30-40 turns and then crashes started every turn... i tried to load but nothing ....
    I notice that crashes started when diplomat going to propose something to me ....

"Medieval II: Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit."

Any solutions?

Hi Little Nicky,

Would be great when you let me know if you can continue the campaign after the 3.2 patch.
    Otherwise may you upload a save-game of the campaign where it crashed?
    You could easily upload one here (http://www.megaupload.com/en/) without any registration.
    Just make any file description, accept the terms and and click "send".
    This could be very helpful for me..
    Thanks in advance!

btw, you may also try what I wrote to Praetorian...

Hi Praetorian,

Have you tried the following?:
    ...delete events.dat and events.idx from the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder. Copy events.dat and events.idx from your main Medieval II Total War/data/sounds folder and paste them into the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder.

Perhaps this crash is only sound related, so hopfully this will solve this..
    Last edited by King Kong; May 17, 2007 at 08:29 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

I have been playing with KT many many turns now. Never any problems. But now it crashes at the same battle everytime.
    The Russians are attacking me in Novgorod, I make my troops ready and press "start battle", then the crash occures, giving me a black screen but no warning can be read...
    Gunpowder recently was "invented", so I've got some arquebusiers on my walls. But that shouldn't be the problem, I've already used them in other battles. I have no ther new troops.

I guess it's the Russians. ANyone got the same problem?

KK, if you need more infos about the ituation, let me know.

I'm using a clean copy with the official patch 1.2, and the newest SS version.

[/quote]
    Hi Praetorian,

Have you tried the following?:
    ...delete events.dat and events.idx from the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder. Copy events.dat and events.idx from your main Medieval II Total War/data/sounds folder and paste them into the Stainless_Steel /data/sounds folder.

Perhaps this crash is only sound related, so hopfully this will solve this..[/quote]

Yes i did that..... and nothing
    Last edited by Praetorian BG; May 17, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

Icon4 Re: Minor Crash

@ KK

This crash is very very weird (still the same situation as above)
    This time, I didn't move my tropps in the castle at all before starting the battle, and it didn't crash right away. But after it was almost won, it got me the crash again...

I can't go on like this, except letting the ai fight and then loosing the province. This just can't be!

I really like this mod and I am willing to help you, so please just let me know what information you need besides the given.

regards,
    Hambi

Hi Hambi,

This is indeed pretty weird...
    And you're right that this just shouldn't be..

I would really appreciate some more info about the circumstances of this battle. Can you tell me which gunpowder units are involved in this battle and perhaps if you have any late Templar units?

Or, even better, I would be grateful when you would send me your last save-game before it crashes. You could easily upload one here: http://www.megaupload.com/en/
    You don't need to registrate, just make any file description, accept the terms and and click "send".

This would be really helpful!

Thanks for your help in advance...

of colurse, I'll upload it then. Named "Weird crash by Hambi".

please note that it is not the same situation anymore! I have avoided it by loading a previos savegame and it somehow worked in a different battle-situation.
    But I have had this problem a few times now. Always against Russia in the upper two regions of mine. Once I also avoided it by storming out of my castle before they attack me after laying siege some rounds.

Very weird. You must take look at it.
    Just check out the situation and troops I have in my Castle in the north, beeing attacked by the Russians and then end the turn. They will attack and if you want to fight the battle, it crashes...
    I'm very very curious of the problem.

I have tuned off the battle banners, arrow markers, playing 1 turn a year + I use your building-desc for 1-turn a year... If you need to know more, just tell me.

My "This can't be", is not meant to criticize you or your mod! It's just a shame for this great mod (-;

by the way, in the meantime, I have reinstalled the whole game and mod. Still the same problem. damn!

I'm guessing the crash bug has to do with the movement of the other factions....... what happens is when you attack a castle they AI moves change if you did not attack the castle...

or if the AI attacks you or doesn't attack you eveything has to do with your move then the AI adjusts causing the crash when you hit the end of the turn

Hi Hambi,

Thanks again for your help!

But have you already uploaded your save-game? Because I see no link for it...

Yes I uploaded it right away, but is there somethin I must do after it's done? I see no info?!

Whooops, did it again. Here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZAIS6FF

Icon4 Re: Minor Crash

Dear KK,

Have you tried it out yet? I really can't go on like this, it only happens with some Russian-, and newly also with some Mongol-armies...

My brother fights the Russians now as well (playing HRE), and also gets this crash! He is playing you mod with no changes at all!

Hasen't anybody else gotten this problem?!

Hi Hambi,

I'm sorry, but I have just seen that you've uploaded the save-game...
    Thanks for that!
    I have very little time right now, but I'll test it tomorrow and will give you some feedback...

Would be nice, cause it would help keep the fun within this campaign I'm making.

But man, there are more important things to do besides gaming, so no problem, I don't want to stress you, i was just wondering...

When will you release a new version anyways? I'll then start with a new faction! (-;

greez

I'm having this problem as well now. Playing as Denmark and it happens when it becomes HRE turn to move and they begin an assult on a seiged city of mine. No gunpowder yet either. So its likely not Russian or gunpowder related.

Hi Hambi,

Ok, I've made two battles (siege of Tbilisi & a battle with your units from Astrakhan) from your save-game and I havn't had any crashes...
    Do you have any other mods installed?

Hi Frozen Monkey,

Would you upload your last save-game?
    You could easily upload one here (http://www.megaupload.com/en/) without any registration.
    Just make any file description, accept the terms and and click "send".
    This would be very helpful to find a possible reason...
    Last edited by King Kong; May 30, 2007 at 06:03 AM.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Well i'm playing as mongols in SS 3.2 and no, i have no crashes when using mongol armies or fighting the russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambi View Post
    I have been playing with KT many many turns now. Never any problems. But now it crashes at the same battle everytime.
    The Russians are attacking me in Novgorod, I make my troops ready and press "start battle", then the crash occures, giving me a black screen but no warning can be read...
    Gunpowder recently was "invented", so I've got some arquebusiers on my walls. But that shouldn't be the problem, I've already used them in other battles. I have no ther new troops.

I guess it's the Russians. ANyone got the same problem?

KK, if you need more infos about the ituation, let me know.

I'm using a clean copy with the official patch 1.2, and the newest SS version.
    Hi Hambi.

Well I tried. And it was good to go. I dont why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast