Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

  1. #81
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    nobody is denieng the greeks awesomeness
    I am. The Timurids are a million times awesomer.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    I am. The Timurids are a million times awesomer.
    cool a western guy that actually don't like the westerns.
    again I respect your poiny of view but that is still just your opinion many many westerns take the western factions side in the big clashes between east and west.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  3. #83
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    cool a western guy that actually don't like the westerns.
    again I respect your poiny of view but that is still just your opinion many many westerns take the western factions side in the big clashes between east and west.
    Latvia is only a bit west of Persia, if you look at it that way. Just because I'm from Europe doesn't mean I'm automatically fond of Greeks. I am not as binary as you either, for I like many different peoples, like the Celts, Romans, Carthaginians (and Phoenicians in general), Assyrians, ancient Persians and Mongols.

    There is no real reason for me to like Greeks anyway - Latvia is EASTERN Europe. Very little direct cultural link, I'd say we Latvians owe more culturally to our direct barbarian ancestors and Sarmatian steppe tribes.

  4. #84

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    [
    QUOTE=Cocroach the great;9596076]Latvia is only a bit west of Persia, if you look at it that way
    the west is the west if you look at it that way the greece it self is south east eroupa
    . Just because I'm from Europe doesn't mean I'm automatically fond of Greeks.
    hanse my claim but eroupeans mostly like the greeks in this time frame
    I am not as binary as you either
    , for I like many different peoples, like the Celts, Romans, Carthaginians (and Phoenicians in general), Assyrians, ancient Persians and Mongols.
    and what makes you think that I don't like other races in my eyes your just trolling again, cause if you look at my posts in other treads you can see that I said I respect all other people history as long as they have any, I like the romans , the greeks and the egyptions (other than persians ofcaurse)
    There is no real reason for me to like Greeks anyway
    there is no real reason for other westerns as well.
    - Latvia is EASTERN Europe
    I have already answered this
    .
    Very little direct cultural link, I'd say we Latvians owe more culturally to our direct barbarian ancestors and Sarmatian steppe tribes
    .
    well I don't know much about latvia were your ancestors the sarmations if they were than they spoke midlle persian like parthians and the sassanids so they actually share the same ancestry as them
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  5. #85
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    well I don't know much about latvia were your ancestors the sarmations if they were than they spoke midlle persian like parthians and the sassanids so they actually share the same ancestry as them
    Not ancestors (even though the Polish nobility is allegedly descended from them), but exerting cultural influence.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    Not ancestors (even though the Polish nobility is allegedly descended from them), but exerting cultural influence.
    ah okey so what is exactly the latvians ancestors ? I'm really intrested to know.
    ofcaurse you don't have to tell me if you don't want to
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  7. #87
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    ah okey so what is exactly the latvians ancestors ? I'm really intrested to know.
    ofcaurse you don't have to tell me if you don't want to
    Actually, the term Latvian is not really correct, as we're a mix of 4 Baltic peoples (Kurši/Curonians, Zemgaļi/Semigallians, Sēļi/Selians, Latgaļi/Latgallians) and one Finno-ugric one (Līvi/Lībieši/Livonians). The language is a mix of all those.

    The reason we have an integrated ethnic identity, is because these were the northernmost Baltic tribes, which managed to avoid conquest by Mindaugas, the guy who united the rest of Baltic peoples into the nation known as Lithuanians today, and were later subdued by crusaders over the following 2 centuries. The Livonians were assimilated by Semigallians and Curonians.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    Actually, the term Latvian is not really correct, as we're a mix of 4 Baltic peoples (Kurši/Curonians, Zemgaļi/Semigallians, Sēļi/Selians, Latgaļi/Latgallians) and one Finno-ugric one (Līvi/Lībieši/Livonians). The language is a mix of all those.

    The reason we have an integrated ethnic identity, is because these were the northernmost Baltic tribes, which managed to avoid conquest by Mindaugas, the guy who united the rest of Baltic peoples into the nation known as Lithuanians today, and were later subdued by crusaders over the following 2 centuries. The Livonians were assimilated by Semigallians and Curonians.
    cool mixture of 4 languages .... and well mixture if 4 people with intresting history I wonder how you got intrested in persians history well IF you could tell me that would be great to know.

    Actually, the term Latvian is not really correct
    isn't that what illidan said??? I thought you disagree with him
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  9. #89
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    cool mixture of 4 languages
    More like 2 - old Northern Baltic and Livonian. But today they've merged into a single one. That's why Latvian is very different from Lithuanian - it's not a pure Baltic language.


    isn't that what illidan said??? I thought you disagree with him
    It is not correct when speaking of ancient 'Latvians'. We are still the master race.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    It is not correct when speaking of ancient 'Latvians'. We are still the master race.
    I like the way you're looking at it every body should be proud of their ancestors and race .

    BUT YOU STILL DIDN'T ANSWEREDMY MAINE QUESTION :
    I wonder how you got intrested in persians history
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  11. #91
    Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Definitely banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia
    Posts
    10,897

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    This article.

    But that doesn't mean I support modern Iran, just as I don't support modern Italy, Tunisia or Uzbekistan.

    BTW, could you please try to learn correct punctuation and spelling in the future?

  12. #92

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    This article.

    But that doesn't mean I support modern Iran, just as I don't support modern Italy, Tunisia or Uzbekistan.

    BTW, could you please try to learn correct punctuation and spelling in the future?
    what makes you think that I soppurt modern Iran??????
    and BTW if your trolling again well I don't support modern or ancaint latvia. I just respect them just as I respect you
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  13. #93

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    THIS is not the chat thread! please stop this.... the is the FAQ!!!!

  14. #94

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    we stoped it before you asked
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

  15. #95

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    does this mod overwrite the original game or does it have its own mod folder?



  16. #96
    Clagius's Avatar neighborhood snork
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,785

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    does this mod overwrite the original game or does it have its own mod folder?
    It is modfoldered.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    thnx!



  18. #98
    Clagius's Avatar neighborhood snork
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,785

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    thnx!
    No problem!

  19. #99

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    hi,

    does someone know, where i can find the the ui unit and ui unit info files? i mean the tga files of rop? i want to switch some greek units to another greek faction but i cant find the unit and unit-info pics.

    thx for reply

  20. #100

    Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    I think the file you downloaded didn't have a file extension. Normally the file would be called ROPv22_final_b.exe. If the .exe part is missing, you should add it and then you can use the installer, after which everything should be fine. Probably an anti-virus or something renamed your file.
    Secondly, it's important to also install the ROP v2.22 patch as this greatly improves stability and gameplay.
    Then you need to fix the download links as its missing from them. I spent three hours pouring through this forum to see what the problem was and seeing if it occurred before. I now added the .exe to the 2.2 installer.

    Edt: That didn't work either. Screw it, Can I just simply extract the information from the installer and plug in the data folder from it or does more have to be done?
    Last edited by Request a new user name; November 03, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Welcome to the Great Race 2015. Either IS wins or Iran bails out Assad in the nick of time. Whoever wins Iraq and Syria and everybody else loses.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •