Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

I like playing greeks as well and Tarentine cavalry is cool indeed but still in mod aimed on rise of Persian empire is Italy little bit on the edge of nowhere. Moreover, Taras hasnt got any faction to compeet with in Italy. But I still accept you point of view.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Everyone agrees with you. Including me.

Who are you discussing it with?

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    As do I, but most of the people who download this mod just want to play the archaic greek city states.

They have a long way to go to understand that Cyrus II was one of the greatest and most important individuals ever.
    I do understand that Cyrus II was indeed a great king truly worthy of the title of "the Great" (and I've also great respect for other Persian kings such Darius I and Xerxes I), but you make it out like I should feel guilty about liking the very well done Greek factions in ROP or enjoying this period in Greek history.

However if you know of any other mod where I can play as the Greeks in the archaic age, point me to it and I'll gladly leave this sub-forum for Persia fanboys.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

You can do that; I am not against the greeks - they are also quite interesting.

But I don't like it when people DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FOCUS OF THE MOD AND COME ASKING FOR MORE HOPLITE UNITS.

The greeks are a peripheral culture.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But I don't like it when people DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FOCUS OF THE MOD AND COME ASKING FOR MORE HOPLITE UNITS.
    Would you react as such to someone asking for more PERSIAN units?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    well to a degree that is the one of the focuses of the mod, its even in the mod title, so not really comparable.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

The mod's focus is not even Persia when it comes to units. The team has always gone, from what I understand, for historical accuracy. That's why we can't add more hoplite units; they simply didn't exist.

The mod started out with a focus on Persia. Now its a snapshot fo the world where Persia rose to power. You are free to find your own focus here. be it Greek, Persian, Lydian, Indian or whatever takes your fancy.

EQUAL historical attention has been paid to ALL factions and Equal love and care has been administered in the creation of all our factions.

The wide ranging accuracy and scope of the mod is something the whole team is very proud of.

Edit: I understand the desire for diversity but as Bull3tproof says we can't create what wasn't there. We will expand the AoR's though.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aldgarkalaughskel
    (note: the agents shouldn't have conversion powers though, as they were not as powerful as family members)
    Just noticed this. It's years old on page one of this thread. Yet, I have to comment on that: I disagree.
    I've always understood politically inclined diplomats as some kind of scholar and spies with a political agenda as agitators; that way, their propagandistic influence on the people would make sense. Regarding the agitators -- I could even imagine this to be a special trait for spies, acquired in settlements with an academy, giving them extra convincing powers.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; March 05, 2011 at 12:28 AM.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

I'm rather frustrated here. Everyone is saying start the mod by clicking the Rise of Persia shortcut on the desktop but the installer never gave me one!! I installed it twice too!
    Edit: Wow, it apparently installed the shortcut for my administrator profile but not MY profile. I had to copy and paste it from the administrator.
    New Question: I still have one problem when playing the campaign. I know your supposed to activate the script by clicking on show me how on the advisor, however even though I do this, the advisor keeps popping right back up whenever I click on other cities or something. Is there a way I can fix this?
    Last edited by First Citizen Gallienus; March 10, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

Yes - the v2.22 patch

Ive already downloaded the mod and when i go to click the launcher it starts and runs for 5 seconds and stops. Now ive already tried to run as administrator and change it to run under BI but it still wont start. Any advise?

Nevermind i fixed it

ah help when my faction leader kurush died and kambujeh became king I couldn't find the new faction hir which was dariush but since he wasn't in the familey tree I was mixed up an accidently choosed bardiya as faction hir, once I realized I want to change it back to dariush which is historically right but since his not on the familey tree I was wondering how I could make him the faction hir again, and I don't have a save before I choosed bardiya to load it and don't change it.

Please help I don't my faction leader to be a oligarciest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

You can't - Darius is in a separate family tree. It's a little stupid thing of the RTW engine.

damn guess I have to go with bardiya.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

can i install this mod without messing up Europa Barbarorum?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyan_the_Great View Post
    can i install this mod without messing up Europa Barbarorum?

yes this mod is modfolded... you can safely install it...

Didn't we say that already?

As do I, but most of the people who download this mod just want to play the archaic greek city states.

They have a long way to go to understand that Cyrus II was one of the greatest and most important individuals ever.

I would easily place him above Alexander III.
    Yes. Creating an empire stretching from Lydia to India from a small satrapy is just so many times greater than destroying a tottering and revolt ridden empire with the most advanced army of your day, and then failing to provide a substitute to that.

It was really a barbarian invasion, nothing more. Bear in mind that many of the greatest greek philosophers/scientists/generals, even Herodotus, lived in persia.
    why should it be like this when ever other people appritiate persia that's nice of them but whenever I speak about it I'm a nationalist ?
    is that onley cause i'm a persian????
    BTW:no offense to cocrouch I appritiate his view about persians.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    as the other guys said the mods focus isn't on greeks nobody is denieng the greeks awesomeness
    BOM to Kakabis

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast