Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

I have a question. How in the hell do you uninstall ROP? I had the uninstall option when i installed the mod in the first place. I uninstalled it sucessfully. However, some stuff from the mod remained. One of these is that when i play RTW, the faction symbols from ROP remain. For example, when i was playing with the Seleucids, the faction symbol that appeared was not the Seleucid one, but the symbol of Athens from Rise Of Persia. How do i get rid of this? I would also like to mention that i deleted the data folder of ROP.

Which version of ROP did you install? The current versions place all files in the RTW\ROP\Data folder, which you mentioned you did delete. Earlier versions (before 2.2) overwrote original game files though, so maybe you installed 2.1 first and 2.2 later?
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

I did install version 2.1 first, then 2.2. But what's that got to do with it?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianWarLord View Post
    I did install version 2.1 first, then 2.2. But what's that got to do with it?
    2.1 overwrites the game files in the main Rome - Total War folder. 2.2 uses the mod folder feature, which requires a unmodded Rome - Total War, I believe.

That's right. So if you want to have vanilla RTW, you should reinstall RTW from the cd/dvds, then make sure RTW is patched to v1.5. Then you can play standard RTW, and install Modfolder mods (see http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods).

Lead developer of:

I got crash whenever I got into battle from the very begining. I played Sparta, Lydia, Epirus.
    I did install Vanilla >> 1.3 >> 1.5 >> ROP 2.2 >> 2.2 patch. It was very ok when I played other mods
    Last edited by JediDarkLord; February 11, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JediDarkLord View Post
    I got crash whenever I got into battle from the very begining. I played Sparta, Lydia, Epirus.
    I did install Vanilla >> 1.3 >> 1.5 >> ROP 2.2 >> 2.2 patch. It was very ok when I played other mods
    Did you manage to fight any battle at all on the battlemap?

What graphics card do you have and what in-game settings are you using?

Have you added the -show_err switch to the shortcut target - this can trap some errors and provide useful diagnostic information.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I have a question. Can one make the unplayable factions playable? if so, how?

Yes that's possible. You'll need to open the descr_strat.txt file in ROP\Data\world\maps\campaigns\imperial_campaign
    In this file, there's a section which says playable/unlockable/nonplayable right at the top. If you move all factions to the playable section (cut+paste), all factions are playable. Don't move the slave faction there, they're not fun to play imo.
    Don't forget to make backups!!! If you need further help, don't hesitate to ask.
    Edit: forgot one important word, added in bold
    Last edited by Nero666; March 01, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

Lead developer of:

Icon7 Re: Frequently Asked Questions

I made the Rebels playable but they can't recruit units or build buildings, could you allow that to make the Rebels more strong so they won't be how they are in vanilla.

Anyway great work.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Oh sorry I forgot to add one word to my post, I wanted to say that the rebels are NOT fun to play as The rebels aren't meant to recruit anything, moreover they're quickly going into debt after a few turns. We do try to make them a challenge though, but the real factions will always be more interesting.

Lead developer of:

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

What happened to the Sakae??? I got the game going and saw the models,AR's I believe,but not used at all,sad really as quite cool. The noble immortal is excellent work..who to congrats on that????

Oh forgot,the auto calc fix,do you have a link or data for this??? And same for the Skeleton Correction Factors???? I have been banging my head against a wall trying to sort out AI probs,ie Darth data..missile foot bug etc. So this data would be useful also. Do you have probs with spears not lowered in game when charging??? Something that bugs me also.
    Last edited by Kylan271; November 09, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Icon5 Re: Frequently Asked Questions

When I download the Rise of Persia Mod, will I still be able to use the old content from the original Rome Total war, or am I just stuck with Rise of Persia. Can I also use elements from both the mod and the Rome Total War, like have a battle between the Medes and the Armenians from Rome Total War, in battle mode?
    Last edited by SBA77; December 16, 2009 at 04:55 PM.

You will still be able to use the original RTW by clicking on its shortcut; Rise of Persia does not change any original game files. As for the second question, it's not possible to play with the Medians (or any other ROP faction) against original RTW factions.

Lead developer of:

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Is there an install guide for ROP on steam?

Are Egyptian Marines really supposed to cost 30 000 denarii to recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammster View Post
    Are Egyptian Marines really supposed to cost 30 000 denarii to recruit?
    You can find similar expensive units in other settlements too. But they are not planned for recruiting, only to prevent a CTD. There is also a normal version of them. Or atleast when you have upgraded your barracks to the required level.

And before you might ask: It doesn´t effect the game when you train them (maybe accidently). Only bankrupts your treasure.

Anyone have an idea when 3.0 is coming out?

Senator

am i able to still go online if i install this?

What program did u guys use to draw the units etc, prolly 3dmax or something? I'm looking to be a gamedesigner myself, currently learning to work a bit with Cinema 4D

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast