Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked Questions

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Frequently Asked Questions

played this mod ages ago and loved it, so I would really love to install it again, is it Steam compatible?
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Hey i have downloaded ROP but it keeps saying "missing mss32.dll" where do i find it? I read a previous post with someone asking this, but that didn't help. please help

nvm i found it

ok now when i start the game it crashes and says "failed to initialise 3d audio"

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    It would be historically accurate yes, but you should at least conquer Cilicia early on in the game imo. Of course it's a game and not necessarily meant to be played historically accurate. You can rule the world as Babylon if you want, don't worry
    Indeed the movement rate is the same as in Vanilla, but we're using 4tpy so it's still twice as fast in a year. Maybe it needs to be upped a little, we'll test.
    \
    Great mod but i have a question it says i need to un mod the rtw folder but i dont know how

hey, I've seen the preview and so eager to play it. however, my game crashed just before a battle. I've tried the optional bug-fix and it persists. I really have no idea what to do. just in case, there's no error report whatsoever than that..thanks in advance..

Guys I have an urgent matter !

While playing the Parsa Campaign ... How can I set family members who are not in the family tree such as darayus or Xerxes to become heirs therefore Kings of Parsa ... !?!?

You can't, as they aren't present in the family tree menu.
    They will be heirs automatically, when nobody else is left alive - just like in the case of battle when both your king and his heir are dead and game engine is appointing other family members as king/heir.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I tested this once, Cyrus, Kambyzes and Bardiya were dead and Utana became a faction leader - and before that he wasn't in the family tree, so he started his own dynasty. After killing him Darius would be probably next to the throne.

Though, killing your family members can be quite a feat, because Parsa bodyguards are probably the best cavalry in the game. But you can count on the elephants and hoplites.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; July 16, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

But I don't understand ... Why didn't the game creators fix this matter !?!?!? Why didn't they find a way for players to deal with this issue as this is one of the most important parts of this game and the history to in fact have darayus and his decendants as the heirs to the throne !?!?

It is a very Great Mod by the way and Congrats to all the creators !

Libertus

Does anyone know how many cities/regions are in the game in total???

Quote Originally Posted by Modekai View Post
    But I don't understand ... Why didn't the game creators fix this matter !?!?!? Why didn't they find a way for players to deal with this issue as this is one of the most important parts of this game and the history to in fact have darayus and his decendants as the heirs to the throne !?!?
    But fixing what? It was deliberately made that way.
    Historically Darius wasn't the heir to the throne, nor he was one of Cyrus descendants. He claimed throne after Kambyses death and possibly after eliminating Bardiya and other pretenders. If Kambyses and Bardiya were alive one of them would be the next king.
    If player wants to have Darius as a king, he must first take care of the other pretenders as it was in reality.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Libertus

can anyone help?? ive been playing around with this mod and tweaking features such as the recruitment building and ive noticed that oligarchy, monarchy and democracy building trees dont show in the building browser even though theyre still constructable and can be seen in the lower building tab. does anyone know why this is so or how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by antizalfer View Post
    can anyone help?? ive been playing around with this mod and tweaking features such as the recruitment building and ive noticed that oligarchy, monarchy and democracy building trees dont show in the building browser even though theyre still constructable and can be seen in the lower building tab. does anyone know why this is so or how to fix this?
    Hmmm,did you activate the script yet?
    Activate it when start a campaign by pressing the advisor button and then press show me how button

Libertus

yh man ive done that and it dosent change anything

I downloaded RTW through steam.. When i try to use the desktop icon, it says 'Cant find steam'. What can I do? Did I install it wrong? Thanks, Fox

Libertus

how does democracy spawn on Athens? is it due to just the generals traits or does a democracy building generate at a certain turn? if so, than where could the trigger for this event be located?

Dude sorry I am answering ur quote late as I have just been enjoying the game till now and Have just seen your quote !

U R absolutely right ,... Darius assassinated bardiya and with the help of seven of the most powerful noblemen He became king !

I have even succeeded in making Darayawus ( Darius the Great ) my third Parsa king but .. He did not bear a child name xerxes and he did not even marry atossa ... Now where is Xerxes ... how can I make him the next king !?!?!?

This time it seems that the game developers though creating one of the best games I have ever played and we are thankful to them fo that ... did make a mistake !

Note : After Darayawus became the king A new list of family tree appeared Hystapes (Darayawus' Father) being the head of the Family !!!

Guys I have been enjoying this game for a month now ...

Luckily I have even managed to make Darayawus (Darius the Great) fourth king of persia and even the whole family three in my game changed from Cyrus the Great's Family tree to Hystapes and Darayawus' family Tree ...

Now my problem is Darayawus in his family tree is married to steteira and not atossa ( Cyrus' Daughter )
    Therefore He does not have any character by the name of Xerxes as his Son !

In my version He has 3 daughters and a son named ( buxstana or something like that which the name of the wife of his son is mandane ) !

So where the hell is Xerxes so that I can make him the next king of parsa !?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm getting this whenever i try starting the campain.
    Scrit Error in
    ROP/data/world/maps/campain/imerial_camapign/descr_strat.txt, at
    line 27, column 1.

I've installed patch 1.5 but it still says that. how do i fix this problem?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast