Default Riders of the holy mountain: A Haysdan AAr EB

House rules

1.Never attack a ally
    2.never break a alliance
    3.always have a reason to start a war if I don't have one I'll make one up
    4.roleplay
    5.Armies without generals autoresolve
    6.never change Capital
    6.If I lose Armavir than I need to return all my armies to retake it if after 5 years I didn't retake it I have lost the game
    7.Never giving back a city to a other faction
    8.the King always needs to lead a army
    9.the faction heir will be his eldest son if he's not moocher than his brother

I'm going to post my AAR that I have started on the guild
    This AAR is about Hayasdan hope you'll enjoy here's the intro

Intro

Our story begins in the year 259 BC when the mighty Arkah Samus ruled over the lands and when he was fighting the mighty Empire of the Selcuedics

His son and heir to the trone Aram Who is the general of the second army of Hayastan

Hayastan was ruled by the Arkah but high nobility who was very powerful came toghter evrey year in a council to decide matters of war and peace that was their only dutie. When the king was powerful like Samus the council lisent to his orders and highest man in the council was his brother Artavazd

Two years ago he was the avagh sepuh the heir to the trone but the king decidet that his eldest son that became 16 at that time would become the next king. For that reason Artavazd hates Aram but he also loves his brother who made the kingdom a powerful kingdom
    The political situation of the kingdom

We have only one enemy and a lot of friends but our enemy is very powerful and big if we want to survive and become a true empire than we need powerful leaders and a stabile political situation in the interior of the country
    like it is now with the rule of Samus

the kingdom of Armenia in 259

Chapter I

It’s now the autumn of 259. The forces of the mighty Arkah enter the of Edessa but the minor forces that wonder around the city are getting attack and defeated without much difficulty.

A few months have passed since the last battle and now Samus is confined to his bed he’s very sick the medics where not certain if he would survive. And the priests taught it was a punishment send to him by the gods. But when the king was sick he had many dreams, he also taught that his father who already was dead for 11 years was talking to him but on the last day of the winter the king had a very strange dream. His dream was about the day that he told the council about his son becoming the new avagh sepuh.

Dream of the Arkah

Samus telling: I stood there before the council and my brother to my left side and my son, Aram , to my right . And all the nobility stood in front of me they didn’t knew why I called them here . Nor do my brother or son know why. And I start my speech “ Welcome my brothers mighty ,nakharars and aspet ner , I know you’re dying to know why. Bu I ask you for a little more patience . First I want to tell you that the Selcuecids have been defeated and have left our lands and it is time now to go and attack the city of Karkathiokerta. Let’s bring the war to their doorstep and see how they can handle the mighty horse archers .” Everybody started to scream of joy that they would get their revenge. Many of them have lost a son or someone else they have loved because of the war . I started to speak again and now it was quiet at the field . We didn’t use a building but we came together at the valley of Ararat so that the gods could see us and know that our decisions where just. “The second part of my announcement, you all know that my brother is the avagh sepuh but I want to change that , my eldest son is now mature like you all know, so I want you to meet your next king and lord Aram.” At that moment many stood up in anger and said that “How he can become our next king if he hasn’t proven him in battle yet what has he done that your brother hasn’t done?” Aram who has a very bad tamper stood and said I’ll go to the province of Aghvan and conquer it for my father and the kingdom and prove that I’m worthy to be your king.” At that moment I looked to my left and saw that my brother was gone and in the distant I could see a horse riding towards Armavir that was also the last time I spoke to my brother. There were only two reasons why he didn’t start a civil war at first he loved me too much to start a war but he now hates Aram and the second one was that no army would follow him in war he may have the loyalty of many nobles but the soldiers follow their Arkah to war.

After that moment the king was well and his disease was gone nobody knew how it came. After the dream spring , garun begun and the birds started to sing and the army marched towards Edessa. A month later they arrived there and laid siege to the city. Samus was expecting reinforcement from Antioch but it never came in the begin of the summer the mighty army attacked the city and took the city with one or two deaths.

Description of the battle :
    It was middle of the night when the rams moved towards the walls

After a while our troops broke the gate and moved in the city

The slaughter that followed I’ll not describe but there was no Seleucid warrior alive after the battle even those who surrendered where killed.

End chapter one

I'll post part two Wednesday that will include the seige of Phraaspa and hopefully many more
    Last edited by karo; May 13, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

Default Re: Riders of the holy mountain: A Haysdan AAr EB

Chapter 2
    Rule of Samus year 12

After conquering of Edessa, Samus send out his best scouts to see what was going on in the province and if there were any large enemy armies. A week later a scouting party returned and but the half of their men were dead. Samus was spending some time with his wife on the moment that the two members of the scouting party returned . His most trusted advisor and oldest friend Yerevand rushed the room.
    Yerevand “Forgive me, my lord. But I have news that you need to hear”
    Samus “What is this news that cannot wait till I’m done spending some time with my wife “
    Yerevand “Forgive me, my lord it was not my intension to make you angry…”
    Samus “Speak up old friend. I don’t have all day.”
    Yerevand “Of course my lord. One of your scouting parties is back and they have terrible news with them. A week o the north from here there is a large Seleucid Army they are hiding in the mountains and preparing to attack the city when Ashun begins. “
    Samus “May Hayk have mercy with us all. Collect the horse archers, the archers the cavalry and the slingers leave the infantry inside the city to protect it. We leave at down".

The army that Samus was going to fight

A few weeks later the forces of Samus reached the Seleucids army. The captains of the different divisions were preparing to attack the next day . But before Samus went to bed we was watching the enemy camp fires in the distant field and was sensing that the enemy was not ready for a fight at this time he returned to his camp and called all his man together .
    Samus “Men you know why we are here in the mountains? We are here to protect the lands that we have conquered from the enemy. But that’s not all we are here because we want to protect our home lands and our families living there . how many of you have loving wives that are waiting till you return home or have children waiting there. But there are also soldiers here who have lost everything they have even their loved ones. If we attack tomorrow they can escape but if we attack tonight we will have total victory”
    Inspired by this speech his soldiers started to march towards the enemy
    camp.
    The battle that followed not many hay soldiers died but almost no men was left alive of the enemy soldiers.

The enemy was not expecting arrows flying through the air.

Every soldier for himself they were running every directions

The soldiers were standing in the wrong directions when the arrows kept flying

On the critical moment of the battlefield the most elite force of the empire came . But even their appearance could not stop the killing of the soldiers and the battle was won by the Hay army .

On the same time like the time that the battle was going on Aram was getting closer to the city of Phraaspa and was marching all day net to his soldiers like a real general needs to do.

Fall 258
    Samus returned with his forces to Edessa where the people of the city were rioting an fighting to the soldiers inside the city left there for garrison duty. But when Samus entered the city the people could not fight against all his soldiers so they stop fighting and where waiting till Samus would leave the city to go and fight the enemy but on that time Aram reached the city of Phraaspa .

And surrounded immediately the city .

The fall or ashun past and the winter came and it was in the end of the ashun when the Seleucids troops moved towards Karkathiokerta . In the begin of the winter the news that the settlement was besieged by the Selseudics was had reached Edessa .

Samus was working on his plan to attack Antioch and divide the empire in two.

Samus “ When our forces take Antioch my son Aram will lead the second Army to Asia minor to conquer the Seleucid settlements there and in the mean time we will move with our armies to the heartlands of the empire and take Seleukia…”
    Ashot the messenger runs inside at that moment
    Ashot “Arkah forgive me for disturbing you but I have bad news from Karkathiokerta”
    Samus “What bad news do you have has something happened to my son or to my grandchildren? Speak up messanger!”
    Ashot “No my lord there is nothing wrong with your family, but there is a Seleucid army besieging the city…”
    Samus “What are they doing!” he screamed out . he turned to his generals and said “Collect my army leave the infantry behind to protect the city , the rest of them will march to Karkathiokerta.”
    Yerevand “Who will lead the troops, Arkah?”
    Samus “I’ll lead the forces into war “
    So said and so done Samus and his Army started to move towards Karkathiokerta .

On the mean time Aram was preparing to attack the city of Phraaspa .

The Enemy force that was inside the City was not so large but they were all veterans. The Seleucid empire had tried to take the city a few times before but failed every time.

The enemy army

Hay army led by Aram.

The battle started and the hay ram’s moved towards the gate and pats of the wall, and the archer that were accompanying the army started to fire their deadly arrows.

Hay soldiers pushing the ram towards a part of the wall that already was damaged by the Seleucids.

The soldiers destroy a part of the wall and start to enter the city .

Fighting for the city.

Aram and his uncle fighting for control of the streets and the plaza.

At the end victory was ours but to many of our soldier have died in the battle. We have lost to many good man .
    End of Chapter 2…

Nice work!

The only suggestions I would make would be to keep the mouse from entering the screen, and also making sure no units are selected during screenshots to prevent that arrow on the sides.

Other than that, this is great, and I will follow it
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

Chapter 3
    When cities are conquered and when princes die
    Rule of Samus year 14
    When Samus was marching with his men to save his son from the Seleucid armies a few messengers from different cities arrived to meet him with bad news.

One of the messengers was from Phraaspa and the city was revolting the king was felling bad but then two days later a other messenger arrived from Edessa with another message for the mighty Arkah

The city of Edessa was revolting against the Hay rule and when he was reading that message his horse fell did beneath his legs. Samus fell down and broke his arm. For that he must return to Edessa to recover. With the arrival of the king in the city the inhabitants started to calm down and accept the hay rule over the city. When Samus was returning to Edessa with Yervand, one of his most trusted soldiers was given the command over his army. His name was Narek, and he was a freed slave from Seleucid dogs and was now one of the most trusted men in the king’s army.
    But in the mean time the council of nobles was come together and in this meeting Aram was present and the hatred between him and his uncle was could be felt. Artavadz started to look around to see who was on his side, and he was pleased with what he was seeing many old faces and not much young faces were today present here. He started to speak “Aspetner, brothers of the sword, welcome to this war council were we decide what must be done with the matter of war. On this place all of us are equal. Today my nephew has joined our ranks to speak on his new idea what must be done with the war against the Seleucids. Talk young men don’t let us old ones wait.”
    Aram started to speak “Aspetner like my uncle has said I have an idea to stop this war with the Seleucids, we need to stop the fighting it was going on for long enough. In the past they have invaded our lands and killed our people now we have defeated them in our lands we have invaded their lands and are killing their loved ones. When is this going to stop I ask you? I have a plan to stop this all in matter of months let me go and talk to the emperor maybe than we can come to a agreement that is beneficial for both our countries.” When he was done speaking everybody stood up and started to walk to their horses. An old man told Aram “you have lost all the support of your people now. I hope you can win it back in the future. If anything would happen to your father you’ll be king and the council will never agree with you. You hear me you foolish boy? Do you hear me?” and on that time he started to walk away to his men and horses leaving Aram alone. Next day Aram left Armavir to join his troops and await orders from his father.

Mean while Narek reached the besieged city of Karkathiokerta and saw that the Seleucid force was not so big as he had taught at the beginning .

Battle deployment

Enemy forces

Narek saw that his soldiers didn’t want to fight without their king so he needed to do something to give his man their fighting spirit back and archive victory for his king and country.
    Narek started to speak to his Soldiers “Men!!! We see a enemy there that is ready to fight cavalry army but they don’t know that they are fighting against the mighty Samusian army who have had victory against stronger forces. I’m not asking you to fight for me, but I asking you to fight for your king and country. Samus is waiting in Edessa for our messenger so he can know that his son is safe and his man have saved his family. You all know that we need to win today or ells this is going to be the end of our rule over Karkathiokerta. Now I ask you go and win for our Arkah !!!”
    After that speech the soldiers rode out and started to use their mighty arrows to kill the enemy.

Horse archers ride out.

The enemy doesn’t know what is happening to them.

On that moment Prince Arsham arrives, with the forces that were garrisoned in the city, to help his saviors and destroy the force that was besieging him.

The enemy captain dies also

After their captain died, the rest of their forces started to run away and to die like the cowards they are with a arrow in their back.

The battle was a clear victory and the city was safe again.
    After that the battle is done the soldiers started to march towards Edessa and their king. Fall came and the soldiers arrived in the city and were welcomed by a healed Samus. In those months Samus was preparing his men to attack Antioch. Winter came and with winter snow came and it was impossible for Samus to march at his age in that cold weather. But he send a message to his son to take some troops and to march towards Armavir take some reinforcements and wait for further orders

Spring came and the trees started to blossom and a messenger from our allies arrived that their forces were besieging the mighty city of Antioch and after that it fell to their hands we must take our troops and march to Seleucia and break their power for ever.

After that message the humor of the king could not be better. But after that many things went wrong.

The Seleucids were again besieging the city and this time Samuus was moving with his army for a surprise attack on Antioch. So he could not receive the message.

End Chapter 3

World situation