Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armenian Cilicia - Ararat In Exile

Default Armenian Cilicia - Ararat In Exile

I decided to post my AAR here as well. I will be updating on both threads now.

Ararat In Exile: An Armenian Cilicia AAR
    This is my first AAR. Here are Drtad's rules:

1. Only use your king in battle. All other battles must be autoresolved.
    2. The crown heir must be a Rupenid. Unless they are all dead.
    3. Do not declare war on any nation unless they have a province that historically had a substantial Armenian population.
    4. The only exception to this rule is if another faction is encroaching on your territory.

I should have my first updates posted soon.

Default Re: Ararat In Exile: An Armenian Cilicia AAR

This is just a mini-installment. I am throwing in a little Armenian to give a little more flavor, but I will have translations in parentheses.

Armenian Cilicia city Seleukeia 1072…

Attendant- Takavoruhs! (my king!)

Prince Reuben- Ayo? (yes?)

Attendant- We have received reports from the island of Kypros (Cyprus). The island has thrown off the yoke of Byzantine rule and is now independent.

Reuben- Excellent. They are ripe for the taking. We shall expand are domain until every Armenian in the Near East is under my… I mean our control!

Attendant- Which captain should control our forces sir? Ashot? Smbat?

Reuben- No, they are incompetent. Send my son Gosdantin. Togh Asdvadz heduh uhlah!
    (May god be with him!) Prepare the dhows!

Port of Sis, a few days later…

Admiral Gagik- Prince Gosdantin! What brings you to the military docks? An inspection?

Crown Heir Gosdantin- No you fool! Prepare the dhows! We sail at dawn for Kypros.

Gagik- But sir, I can’t prepare my men in time for dawn! Why are we going to Kypros?

Gosdantin- The Cypriots have revolted against the Byzantines and defeated them, and now there is a lot of unrest on the island. There have been reports of Armenians being killed to make the island purely Cypriot. We have been assigned to bring the Armenians here safely and away from the island.

Gagik- You’re just going to conquer it aren’t you.

Gosdantin- ...

The next day Gosdantin sailed to Kypros with an army of Caucasian Mountaineers, Armenian Akritai and Levied Archers. He lay siege to Leukosia. Will Gosdantin win his autoresolved battle? Or will he die a horrible autoresolved death?

Gosdantin’s army arrived on Kypros in 1073. The Cypriot army was visible in the field but looked like they were in no hurry to engage him. Gosdantin lay siege to Leukosia. Surprisingly, the Cypriot army in the field did not relieve the city, and the garrison did not sally. Leukosia surrendered to Gosdantin and the populace was enslaved. This caused Sis to grow to a minor city. However other events occurred that were a lot more important than the mere surrender of Kypros…

In the mountain palace outside of Sis

Attendant- My prince, there are reports of encroaching armies.

Reuben- Which nation does the army belong to?

Attendant- It is a large Seljuk army under their Sultan Mahmud. His army is made up of mounted archers, ghazi cavalry, and Turcoman archers. They’ll tear our forces apart. Shall we capitulate and become their protectorate before we surely are conquered?

Reuben- Ready the men. Tell them it is a code red, Turkish invasion.

Attendant- There is also reports of Byzantine diplomats groveling in Seleukeia, they are preparing to attack us.

Reuben- Tell Gosdantin to prepare for a Byzantine invasion.

Attendant- But then who will lead our troops against the Turks? How can we fight a two front war?

Reuben- I will lead the army against the Turks. The Turks took and plundered our homeland, and for that they will perish.

Greater Armenia under Seljuk control.

The next installment will be the first major chapter and will show the first battle between Turks and Armenian Cilicia!

Chapter 1 of the Reign of Reuben Rupenid:
    The Invasion of Antiochia

Sultan Mahmud, having seen the quick buildup of Armenian troops, decided to flee into Central Anatolia and conquer one of the independent cities there. Reuben mobilized his forces and prepared to attack the nearest Turkish city, Antiochia, home to Orthodox Armenians and Greeks.

After a few days of siege, near Antiochia…

Scout- Prince Reuben sir! Big news sir!

Reuben- Yes?

Scout- I have spotted a large Turkish relief army led by Emir Osman Levant approaching. It is mainly composed of ghazi cavalry, light cavalry, and Arab Jund infantry. Meanwhile, the garrison of Antiochia has sallied, and is approaching quickly. It is composed of hordes of heavy infantry that only our two divisions of Armenian Infantry are comparable to.

Reuben- Send all of our main troops to hold off the sallying infantry at the bridge.

Scout- Then what will stop their cavalry from charging into our flank?

Reuben- I will.

Scout- You?

Reuben- Yes, I will prove once and for all that the Turkish Ghulam cavalry is no match for the might of the Armenian Nakharar cavalry.

In the plains outside of Antioch, the Armenian Army led by Prince Reuben prepares to battle with the outnumbered but superior Turkish army.

The Armenians got into formation and proceeded to follow Reuben’s order of battle, the Armenian Infantry and Archers moving to counter the Turkish Heavy infantry and Horse Archers and Reuben and his Nakharar bodyguards moving against all the other Turks.

Reuben’s troops quickly took up positions to bottle up the Turks at the bridge. As they engaged, Reuben saw the slaughter on both sides and grew sick.

Reuben’s main forces in fierce combat with Turkish forces streaming across the bridge.

Nakharar- Prince Reuben sir, we have spotted the Turkish relief forces under Osman Levant. Are our Nakharars really a match for his Ghulam Cavalry plus his regular troops?

Reuben- I really hope so… I mean, of course!

The Turkish troops drew closer.

Reuben- In the name of Jesus, in the name of Armenia… CHARRRRRRGE!

Reuben entered fierce combat. However, as he was fighting, the pathetic general Osman Levant decided against charging straight at the fierce Armenian Nakharars. He decided to go around Reuben and slaughter the three divisions of Levied Archers supporting the Armenian Army. He was successful.

Reuben did not notice the slaughter going on behind him. By the time he noticed, it was too late, over half the archers had been slaughtered. Reuben grew fierce and the combat that happened next was so savage that it can’t be described or pictured. This was the result of Reuben’s fury.

With Osman dead, the Turks could not resist anymore, and they fled. The Turks who fled deserted and the Turks could not mount a cohesive defense of Antioch. Reuben was victorious.

Antioch was occupied and the majority of the inhabitants brought to Cilicia to increase the population of the core Armenian cities.

Meanwhile, Sis, the capital, was put under siege. The garrison commander, Korike Israelian ispreparing to sally. Here is Armenian Cilicia’s situation now, but be prepared to see it get a lot worse later.

Epilogue
    Meanwhile, in Seleukeia, a Turkish diplomat arrived in the court of Prince Gosdantin, demanding this:

They must be pretty desperate even though they only lost one city.

Part 1 of Chapter 2 of the Reign of Reuben Rupenid: The Struggles of Armenian-Cilicia and the Death of Reuben

Reuben’s stats after the 1st Battle of Antiochia. I think that such a drastic increase was caused by the enormity of the victory, since Reuben did outnumber the Turks but had inferior troops.

The Armenian quarter in Antiochia City…

Reuben- Attendant! I need those files in triplicate delivered to the tax bureau at once. Nobody ignores tax payments to Reuben and gets away with it! I want those dirty peasants to work for me for the rest of their lives as slaves!

Attendant- How kind of you sir…

Reuben- What was that?

Attendant- Oh nothing…

Mailman- Letter for one Prince Reuben!

Reuben- I am Prince Reuben you pathetic little weasel, give me that letter!

Mailman- It is from your son, Gosdantin.

Reuben- It must be pretty urgent. Now leave weasel!

Mailman- Yes Prince Reuben.

Reuben- Attendant! Read me the letter now!

Attendant- Yes my liege:

Dear Father,

The Seljuks sent a diplomat after you captured Antiochia, they demanded peace. I refused and killed their diplomat, and put his head on a spear where it was paraded throughout Seleukeia for the enjoyment of the citizens.

Reuben- That’s my boy!
    Attendant- Ahem:

After the parade was over I received a message from Kypros, the Byzantines, formerly our allies, have blockaded our port at Leukosia. Their diplomats arrived in my court sometime afterwords and demanded that we become a Byzantine dependency. I refused. I hope that my decision does not cost us dearly in the end, I have dispatched High Admiral Gagik to destroy the Byzantine fleet under Admiral Michael. I hope the Turks don’t attack father, for if they do, we are done for.

Reuben- This meager so called “Empire” of the Byzantines shall not destroy us! This will not weaken our resolve! I am sure that Gagik can annihilate those Roman fools anyway.

Offshore of Kypros, aboard the dhows…

Admiral Gagik- Has the Byzantine fleet been spotted yet?

Captain Ashot- Aye admiral, they be over yonder those shoals.

Gagik- Don’t do that stupid pirate accent Ashot, you’re making yourself sound like an idiot, you’re not even doing it right.

Ashot- Sorry sir. Anyway, their fleet consists of 33 fully manned, Byzantine dromons.

Gagik- Good, then we are evenly matched. I shall be remembered as the victor over the Byzantine fleet!

Battle of the Port of Leukosia

Antiochia…

Attendant- Lord Reuben!

Reuben- What is it! Why do you always have to bug me when I am with my wife! Can’t you see the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door?!

Attendant- We have received a report from Leukosia, a tragic one. Gagik’s fleet was massacred in the battle, the Byzantines took minor casualties.

Reuben- Noooooo! Not Gagik! I adopted him as my own when he was just a child! I raised him! He was Gosdantin’s best (and only) friend! And now he is dead you tell me?
    Send the largest fleet we can muster in two turns. Gagik shall be avenged!

Off the coast of Khyberrhaiots (sp?)…

High Admiral Izahak- Alright, just today I got a promotion, an enormous fleet, and now I am the new High Admiral!

Captain Ashot- I liked Gagik better, so don’t think you can just take his place just like that.

Izahak- Now is not the time for babbling. We have spotted the Byzantine Admiral Michael, he is docked right at the port of Adalia.

Ashot- So what now?

Izahak- Let’s have some fun, I wasn’t given 66 dhows for nothing!

1st Battle of the Port of Adalia

Antiochia…

Attendant- Lord Reuben sir!

Reuben- Remember what I said about the “DO NOT DISTURB SIGN??!!

Attendant- Sir, urgent news, Admiral Izahak has captured and brutally killed the Byzantine Admiral Michael!

Reuben- Brilliant! And what else?

Reuben’s Wife- Can you let me get up please?

Reuben- Whoops! Almost forgot, sorry.

Attendant- I don’t get paid enough for this job… Ah yes! The expedition you sent to take Aleppo was badly beaten.

Reuben- How? That was a good army.

Attendant- The report mentions the enemy using a secret toxic weapon called autoresolve.

Reuben- Can it kill all of our troops?

Attendant- No, it only seems to work on common soldiers led by common captains, it doesn’t work on kings.

Reuben- That’s good. Has anything else horrible occurred?
    Attendant- Yes, the Cilician Pirates have risen up near our capital Sis, and have fortified themselves in their citadel, and they are raiding anyone who gets near.

Reuben- I shall depart immediately for Sis with an elite force of cavalry.

Attendant- Didebuls? (An Armenian Heavy Cavalry unit)

Reuben- Yes, Didebuls.

Off of the port of Adalia, blockaded by Izahak…

Izahak- How is the blockade coming along Ashot?

Ashot- Very well sir, no ship can get into or out of Adalia now.

Captain Gagik Jr.- Izahak sir!

Izahak- Have respect for my rank! I am Admiral Izahak!

Gagik Jr.- Whatever. Two Byzantine fleets approaching sir!

Izahak- What? Where?

Gagik Jr.- In the fog! They are all around us!

Izahak- They are as numerous as locusts.

Sailor Rainman- Actually there are 66 sir.

Izahak- Be quiet mathman, they are locusts, write that in the captain’s log.

Ashot- What should we do Admiral?

Izahak- Form up in an Izahak Dhow Phalanx formation!

Ashot- What the heck is that?

Gagik Jr.- We are doomed.

Antiochia…

Attendant- Our fleet was destroyed by two Byzantine fleets that came out of the fog and enveloped them sir.

Reuben- Wonderful. I have to go, build another fleet.

Attendant- Yes sir.

At the river outside of Antiochia City…

Reuben- What is that Didebul Smbat? I am losing my eyesight with age.

Smbat- Oh no, it’s a Turkish army sir! They are preparing to engage us!

Reuben- Fudge.

Mailman- Another message for one Prince Reuben!

Reuben- You already know who I am you idiot! Read me the letter.

Mailman-

Dear Father,

The Cilician pirates are being reinforced. I, Prince Gosdantin, lack the force to stop them now. The situation is out of control. Pirates and brigands are roaming everywhere. Soldiers are leaving their posts. Morale is extremely low after hearing of the Byzantine and Turkish victories recently. We need a victory now father, even a small one will improve the situation immensely. I hope you can come through father.

Reuben- … I cannot fail. I cannot submit to my enemies who destroyed Armenia!

Battle of the Antiochia Bridge

Reuben- Our lands are being ravaged by the same animals who took our homeland away from us. Can we let them do the same here? Can we just submit tour foes with our task of taking Armenia back unfinished? We, the men of Ararat in Exile, can and must win! Now fight, and bring us victory!!!!!

The battle itself was minor and over quick, so no big screenshots. Anyway, the results:

Outside Sis…

Citizen- Wow, did you really defeat 3000 Turkish troops with just that handful of cavalry?

Reuben- Yes, now you already shook my hand and got my autograph, now go away! Okay, so is that the Cilician main army?

Smbat- It would seem so my liege.

Reuben- Wonderful! Lets slaughter them!

Battle of the Cilician Pirates

Reuben- Alright, lets get this over with.

Reuben fell upon the Cilicians with incredible power, and they were quickly destroyed. Only one Horse Archer tried to escape, and was chased by Reuben into the horizon, where he was slaughtered.

Horse Archer chased by Nakharars.

Alright, that is it for part one, part two will have a major battle that will determine who will survive, Armenians or Turks? Also featured will be Reuben’s death and the ascension of a new king, Gosdantin.

Part 2 of Chapter 2 of the Reign of Reuben Rupenid: The Struggles of Armenian Cilicia and the Death of Reuben

Sis palace…

Attendant- My lord, the Turks have renewed their assault, they have besieged Antiochia with a small army, but they have reinforcements on the way.

Reuben- Can the garrison sally itself? I am tired.

Attendant- I’ll give the order sir.

The Sally of Antiochia

Sis…

Reuben- They were defeated? How?

Attendant- Autoresolve sir.

Reuben- In that case I am going there myself. Ready the horses.

Attendant- Yes my prince.

Relief of Antiochia City

Scout- I have the reports on the enemy unit composition sir.

Reuben- Yes, I’d like to know what I’m killing before I kill it.

Scout- I only have a general idea, but it is a small, yet elite force of Horse Archers, Ghulam Cavalry, Turcoman Archers, and Saracen Infantry.

Reuben- Any other armies sighted?

Scout- No sir, it appears as if this is the last the Turks can send at us before they are completely drained.

Reuben- Good, then lets march.

Reuben- The Seljuks are splitting up! I’ll take care of their general’s cavalry, all of you choose a unit, and stick to it, don’t stop chasing it until the entire unit is wiped out.

Soldiers- Yes sir!

Reuben engaging General Akalp’s Ghulam cavalry.

Didebul heavy cavalry losing to Horse Archers!?!?!??

Now that’s more like it.

At the last moment when it seemed Akalp would escape, the Armenian reinforcements charged into the flank of Akalp, and Akalp was killed.

With Akalp dead, the Armenian forces overpowered the remaining Turkish troops, and Reuben’s victory was complete.

This would turn out to be Reuben’s final battle.

Antiochia…

Prince Gosdantin- Father, no you can’t die!

Reuben- It’s too late for me, my son. Take the reigns of power, take Armenia back from the Turks. That is…. All I ask of you… my son.

Gosdantin- NOOOOOOO!

The Death of Reuben

And with that, the reign of Reuben Rupenid is over and the reign of Gosdantin Rupenid begins.

Next chapter is, Chapter one of the Reign of Gosdantin Rupenid: No Title Yet

Prologue to Gosdantin’s Reign

The real Gosdantin receiving tribute from Saracens.

At the start of his reign, Gosdantin arrived at Sis and was crowned King of the Armenians, and thus received the trait, King of Armenian Cilicia (specific to CTW). The after Admiral Izahak’s defeat at Adalia, the Byzantines had not sent any forces to attack us, be they naval or ground forces.

Sis…

Attendant- Prince Reuben sir!

Gosdantin- It’s Gosdantin you idiot!

Attendant- Yes my lord, I am sorry. The Turks have besieged Antiochia again. Our garrison lacks the force to sally. They need relief.

Gosdantin- Yes, I shall lead an elite force of troops against them.

Outside Antiochia…

Smbat- Prince Gosdantin sir, our scouts have spotted the Turkish camp.

Gosdantin- Good, and what happened?

Smbat- The Turks retreated having sighted our scouts sir.

Gosdantin- Prepare to pursue the enemy.

The 1st Battle of Gosdantin was quick and painless (relatively). The Turks were routed. Soon afterwards, a larger Turkish force arrived near Aleppo. In the 2nd Battle of Gosdantin the Turks were routed once more. The path to Edessa was clear, and Gosdantin launched an expedition led by himself to reconquer the ancestral Armenian city of Edessa, which had been founded by the Armenian King Abgar during Roman times.

BNS's Avatar ...

very nice and interesting AAR, i hope you continue, i like your sense of humor

I will continue it for sure! I like my sense of humor as well.

World Report
    Armenian Cilicia
    Nothing special.
    Aragon
    Bohemia+Poland
    It seems as if the Bohemians are conquering Poland!
    Byzantine Empire
    Jesus Christ! Count the fleets! Admiral Gagik and Izahak never stood a chance! And neither does my new admiral Mar.
    Castile-Leon
    No Reconquista yet
    Cumans + other Steppe Tribes
    Don’t seem to be doing much. There is a small Khazar rebellion.
    Denmark
    Don’t seem to be doing much either.
    Fatimids
    Seem to be warring with the Seljuks unsuccessfully.
    England
    Seem to not have done much except for take Wales.
    The others seem to only be acting normally except for
    Pisa
    Pisa has created an enormous trade empire and have held of the Sicilians.
    Next chapter coming soon.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

He, that's good. Now i have not to travel to the RTR forum to follow your nice AAR.
    Btw., with which version and exe do you playing?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Playing with version 0.9 BI exe, that explains all of the naval activity, even if the Byzantines have done it in excess.

Chapter 2 of the Reign of Gosdantin Rupenid: Turkish Invasion, Near Collapse, and the Tripoli Front

Gosdantin’s stats at the start of his reign.

Sis…

Attendant: Gosdantin sir.

Gosdantin: Do you have to say that every time you come in?

Attendant: Yes my lord.

Gosdantin: Just get on with it.

Attendant: My lord, you have inherited a fragile kingdom. The Turks have just launched massive campaigns in the East, and the Byzantines are performing unknown operations in the West. We need at act sir.

Gosdantin: What we need is a mobile, elite, superior force that can respond to an enemy army sighted within the realm within moments.

Attendant: And who will lead them.

Gosdantin: The most competent Armenian commander.

Attendant: Should I send for Smbat Yeretsian sir?

Gosdantin: Not him, me!

Attendant: I knew that, I was just joking. Hahaha…. I am sorry sir.

Gosdantin: You better be. Ready the three units of Didebuls. Today, the Riders of Gosdantin… ride.

Attendant: Where sir?

Gosdantin: Edessa of course. It is the Turkish capital. It will land a killing blow on them to take Edessa.

Attendant: Whatever you say sir.

Outside Edessa…

Didebul Smbat: Sir, the Turks have launched a massive campaign to take Cilicia! What should we do!

Gosdantin: Uhh… What is our situation here?

Smbat: Not good lord, the Turks have us surrounded and have cut off our only escape along the Tigris River.

Gosdantin: I cannot stay here and leave my realm to be plucked by the infidels. We ride to the Tigris.

At the Tigris Bridge…

Didebul Zareh: There, look Shant, there is the Turkish army.

Shant: Yeah I know.

Zareh: Have we gotten our report back from Artavasd the Spy?

Shant: No…

Artavasd: There is another Turkish army approaching from the Northwest.

Shant: Good, relay the info back to King Gosdantin.

Zareh: You think we’ll survive this battle against these odds?

Shant: …

The Battle of Tigris Bridge

Gosdantin: The Turks have harassed us for months, and have depleted my elite army severely. However, they have not depleted our Armenian and Christian spirit. Please, think of your families, your wife, you children. Think of the stories you can tell them about your adventures with King Gosdantin. Make sure that the way you survive this battle is not from cowardice, but from bravery.

Soldiers: We don’t even have social lives sir, you conscripted us as children.

Gosdantin: Then think of the family you never had.

Didebuls thinking of the family they never had.

Didebuls fighting Ghazi cavalry.

Unfortunately this was a tough battle that required a lot of focus so not too many screenshots, but I have a lot of screenshots of the next major battle.

Anyway, Gosdantin was victorious, but man do those Turks run fast, my Armenian units just can’t catch up to them.

Outside Antiochia…

Gosdantin: More Turks? Throughout the realm?

Smbat: Yes sir, a major battle was just fought under the walls of Sis. Our General, Korike Israelian, was victorious, and the Turkish army was destroyed, despite their excessive use of autoresolve.

Gosdantin: I must think of some place to strike to turn the tide of this war and put the Turks on the defensive…

Smbat: You better do that later, as it appears as though another Turkish army is ready to oppose us.

Battle of Antiochia Bridge

This battle was minor, but did enough damage to Gosdantin’s Riders that they had to retrain at Antiochia.
    Antiochia…

Gosdantin: The Turks are going to drive us into the sea. This is a war of attrition, and we can’t win that way. We must find a weak spot in the Turkish defenses. We must strike at a point that we haven’t struck before… Tripoli! We shall strike at Tripoli.

Attendant: Are you talking to yourself sir?

Gosdantin: No. I was talking to my wife.

Attendant: Whatever you were talking about, it definitely wasn’t what your father would talk to his wife about.

Gosdantin: Would you get out of here!!!

Outside Tripoli…

Smbat: Lord, bad news.

Gosdantin: What now?

Smbat: The Turks have ambushed us. Their army is preparing to strike, we must break through them.

Gosdantin: Yes, we must. If we fail here, the Turks may never be exposed like this again!

Battle of Tripoli

Gosdantin: Alright Riders! This is it! Good luck! I’ll charge at the center, and when the enemy attempts to envelop me, they will have exposed their flanks. That’s when I want you guys to charge.

Black=Armenian Red=Turkish

The Turks fell right into Gosdantin’s trap, and the double pincer movement worked.

Soon, Gosdantin and his Riders were in a pitched battle with superior, but flanked Turkish troops. At first it seemed as if Gosdantin would lose, until the right flank of the Turks collapsed.

Then, the center flank collapsed and general Cavus was sliced by Gosdantin himself.

Collapse of the center and rout of the Saracens.

Cavus killed.

Then, Gosdantin’s men began to fight the dead bodies of the Saracens!!!!

Gosdantin: What are you all doing!

Soldiers: We can’t stop it sir, it’s a bug in the RTW engine!

Gosdantin: I guess the rest of my cavalry have to handle General Mustafa themselves.

Nakharars fighting dead Saracens!!!

Gosdantin: Phew, now that that bug is over, what happened to General Mustafa and the rest of my riders?

Smbat: Under my leadership we neutralized and killed Mustafa.

Gosdantin: Good, then the tide has turned. We must continue our push until we retake our homelands. Armenia here we come.

Filibusteria's Avatar Miles

Very good! But I cant see the screenshots!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VISIT CHILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Filibusteria View Post
    Very good! But I cant see the screenshots!
    Hmm... I can see them fine. Have you tried reloading the page? Another thing you could try is read my AAR over at RTR forums. Here is the link to that thread:
    http://forums.totalrealism.net/showthread.php?t=4280
    I hope it works!
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Filibusteria's Avatar Miles

Magicly I can see them now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VISIT CHILE!

That sometimes happens to me too. I wonder why it happens?

BNS's Avatar ...

very good, please finish your aar !

Shatterer's Avatar Civis

Nice battle, nice AAR.

Good job in that last battle. I like the conversations , they're sometimes silly but entertaining for sure.

Keep it up.

Unfortunately I had to transfer all of my save games to another computer, and I lost my screenshots of the next few battles in the process. All you need to know:

Siege of Antiochia, Gosdantin wins

Siege of Tripoli, Gosdantin wins

Both were major battles with lots of screenshots, but I’ll get past them. Another notable development, the Byzantine sent an army of Latin mercenaries to attack my capital at Sis! Their first aggressive land action in the whole war.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Barev Aper

this was really really entertaining..(great sense of humor you have)...i also play CTW with cilician Armenia....was some weeks ago last time but will start again after reading this....

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

oh god, this is the best AAR ever written
    your sence of humor just.. perfect
    proud norwegian

Thanks a lot for your comments! Here is the next update.

Chapter 3 of the Reign of Gosdantin Rupenid: Dawn of the Byzantines
    [
    I]Antiochia…[/I]

Attendant: King Gosdantin! I bring horrid news and some good news.

Gosdantin: What is the good news?

Attendant: The good news is that we have bled the Turks dry in our war, and the path to retaking our homeland, Armenia, is clear.

Gosdantin: And what is the bad news?

Attendant: The Byzantines have launched their first land invasion of Cilicia.

Gosdantin: What???? The Byzantines were thought to weak and crippled since the battle of Manazkert to be a threat!

Attendant: It would seem as though they are having a restoration sir. They have besieged the capital, Sis.

Gosdantin: I have no heart for battle now, tell commander Korike Israelian to sally out of the city.

Antiochia…

Attendant: Gosdantin my lord! Wonderful news!

Gosdantin: What is that paper? Show me.

Gosdantin: Wonderful. Any bad news?

Attendant: As a matter of fact yes! The Byzantines have besieged Seleukeia with a substantial force. This garrison cannot sally and win alone.

Gosdantin: Huh… Ready the riders, may God be with us.

Outside Seleukeia…

Gosdantin: There is the enemy men, you know the drill. Let’s take care of these Byzantine freaks.

Gosdantin: Wow, that is a large army, and I have only faced the Turks so far. Hmm… Come on men! Fight them like we did the Turks! Chaarge!

Gosdantin: Hey I like the way I look in that screenshot. The first one zoomed in.

Gosdantin continued to battle and used the pincer movement once more.

Shant: Gosdantin sir! The enemy spearmen are routing, we have won!

Gosdantin: Let it be known throughout the land that I, Gosdantin, halted the Byzantine advance into Cilicia.

Sis…

Attendant: Prince! The Byzantines have diverted their troops to another front! They are vulnerable! Should we strike?

Gosdantin: Very well, I shall attack. This shall be in the next chapter though, too tired now.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

tx for the update..

a question...when playing CTW i really dislike the battle mode .....is there any way to restore it to the normal battle mode.......and ohh in my campaign Gosdantin have converted to islam (!).....lot of buggy things in this mod and many CTD:s for my part (playing the 0.9)

If you mean the battle UI, then yes, you can find out how to change it back in the FAQ (especially the game settings and preferences part).

If you experience bugs or CTDs, please report them in the appropriate topic, so we can improve the mod, or find out what is wrong with your installation (because for our part, we experience very very few CTDs or bugs). Oh, and make sure you have the hotfix installed!
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast