Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FRRE AAR] 77BC: Rise of Tigranes

Default [FRRE AAR] 77BC: Rise of Tigranes

77BC: Rise of Tigranes

Introduction:

The year is 77BC. Armenia, once a medium size country struggling to survive next to the great empires of Seleucia and Parthia, has now grown into the superpower of the East. Under Tigranes II, Armenia conquered Mygdonia, Gordyene, Sophene, Caucasian Iberia, Cilicia, and Syria. Tigranes is now preparing to invade both Phoenicia and Cappadocia. Tigranes, to fuel his imperial ambitions, allied with Mithridates VI Eupator Dionysius of Pontus by marryin his daughter, Cleopatra. Tigranes had three disloyal sons by her, Tigran, Zareh, and some other guy. Historically, they all died, and Artavasd, Tigranes's other son became king. But that's just history, will they all unite under their father's banner and defeat all those who wish Armenia dead? Or will Armenia just be another footnote in history...

House Rules:
    1. Heir must be eldest son of current king. If there is no son, or the son is too young, then the oldest brother of the king becomes the heir.

2. No declaring war on allies, I don't like traitors.

3. Can only expand into Tigranes's historical territory before moving on to conquer more land.

4. Never invade Pontus unless Pontus has betrayed you and is attacking a Caucasian settlement.

5. Thought of something. I decided that just like my last AAR, the only battles I fight on a battle map are battles where my king is the general. No exceptions. Every other battle is auto-calced. This way it will be extremely difficult to hold on to the current Armenian Empire and make it more challenging. For this reason I will be playing on M/M, I don't like it when someone is given bonuses because they are stupid (AI).

6. Hold Artaxata at all costs. If the royal capital is lost, the AAR is over. This will force me to keep a sizable garrison in my heartland to protect against steppe raids which I have yet to see in an actual campaign though...

7. If I lose Tigranokerta, I must withdraw from all of my territories outside of Armenia proper, except for Caucasian Iberia, Caucasian Albania, Media Atropatene, and Nisibis. All forces will retreat to crush the foes advancing in Armenia, and only after the threat is gone can I start imperialistic expansion again. This is to promote historically accurate behaviour.

8. Armies must not contain over four units of Armenian Legionaries until the first encounter with Rome, as it was historically.

9. Readers must remind me of these elaborate rules if I accidentally break one.

10. Each Armenian character must have a personality and behave according to his traits, or how he historically behaved.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Default Re: 77BC: Rise of Tigranes

First of all, let me thank you for planning an AAR based on 77 BC. I can say, on behalf of the whole team, that we are feeling very proud.

That said, as the current 2.0. version incorporates many of your suggestions and the fixes you reported for Armenia, maybe it would be better if you started with 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    First of all, let me thank you for planning an AAR based on 77 BC. I can say, on behalf of the whole team, that we are feeling very proud.

That said, as the current 2.0. version incorporates many of your suggestions and the fixes you reported for Armenia, maybe it would be better if you started with 2.0.
    Alright, i'll start with 2.0 (see your PM). You don't need to thank me for starting an AAR, it's my pleasure to build up more popularity for this incredible mod about the most interesting period of Roman history.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

And you also need ordiance here ... now you have one more
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

anxiously waiting to read another of your great aar:s

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

me too!
    looking forward
    proud norwegian

BNS's Avatar ...

your aar has also drawn me to this thread too !

Updated first post with more house rules and the difficulty I will be playng on.

so how long till 2.0 is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Caesar View Post
    I am not sure, but I am getting a special version of 2.0 for my AAR so it will sort of be like a teaser.

P.S. First update shouldn't be long now!

Well, I must be sincere, as I think that I am among friends: right now Empedocles is the only person beta-testing 2.0., due to lack of volunteers. This means that the process is taking longer than expected.

Besides, the main object of this testing is to fix Caesar's campaign. As this is at the end of the Roman campaign, this means that Empe is playing like a madman in order to reach Caesar as soon as possible.

But let us stop spamming this promising AAR thread. I am eagerly awaiting for it to start

I got my hands on 2.0, and I am just going to do one small test game to make sure there are no major problems. Tommorow I will probably have the first update.

salvor, if you need beta testers, let me try it out

salvor, if you need beta testers, let me try it out
    If you want to be a beta tester, I suggest that you post in the "call for beta-testers" thread or PM Salvor instead of posting it in my soon-to-be AAR thread to avoid early clogging. Not trying to be mean, by the way.

Great to see an AAR for 77BC. Cant wait. Good luck with the new version!

Chapter One of the Reign of Tigranes II:
    Kappadokia, a Mistake?

Starting situation of Europe in 77BC…

Tigranokerta…

Tigranes: Attendant!!!

Attendant: Yes, Arkah. (Arkah was the old way of saying “king” in Armenia)

Tigranes: Have the Kappadokians sent their reply yet for their agreement to their annexation my me?

Attendant: No, but you did receive a letter from Mithridates VI:

Dear Son in Law,

If you don’t take Kappadokia soon, I will take it and take all the glory away from you.

With Love, Mithridates.

Tigranes: Hah! That old man can’t do anything, he has already bit off more then he can chew after his first few scuffles with Rome.

Attendant: Here is the letter sir!

Dear Tigranes,

We cannot allow you to take Kappadokia. It is under my personal protection, and you are of no threat to Rome’s invincible legions.

Sincerely, Lucius Licinius Lucullus, Consul of Rome

Tigranes: Hah! That Lucullus can’t get enough of himself! Prepare my cataphracts! We go to war!

Attendant: Are you sure this is wise, my Arkah?

Tigranes: Of course! What could possibly go wrong?

Battle of Eusebeia

Tigranes: Come on men! We did not want war! We are peace loving people who just want everybody to be at peace… under our banner that is!

Soldiers: Yeah!

Tigranes: Lets get these dogs!

Sergeant Abdissares: Why aren’t we charging, my Arkah?

Tigranes: You don’t think I am stupid do you? We have got to soften them up a bit first.

Abdissares: But I though our cataphracts were invincible and that victory was inevitable?

Tigranes: You know what, you’re right! Chaaaarge!!!

Tigranes: You Kappadokians will be punished for your lack of vision, I AM THE KING OF THE WORLD!

Tigranes: Where are your Roman legions now, huh? You all will crumble before my might. The Romans will tremble when ever they utter the name, Tigranes. You are pathetic.

Tigranes: Chalk one up for the “T” man! I am good!

Attendant: Arkah, bad news.

Tigranes: Nothing could spoil this moment, what is it?

Attendant: There is a full stack Roman legion encamped near our borders led by a certain Captain Sextus.

Tigranes:…

Attendant: Are you alright sir?

Tigranes: I need some fresh warm goat’s milk.

Attendant: Arkah…

Tigranes: NOW!

I would have had more screenies but I am having numerous problems with Fraps. I'll try to fix it for the next update.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

beautifulll....keep them coming!

(also feel welcome for bug report, suggestions, etc)

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Thanks Empedocles! I found some time today to quickly write up chapter two...

Chapter Two of the Reign of Tigranes II:
    Jews, Nabataeans, and Tigranes

Eusebeia…

Attendant: Arkah! Here is that warm goat milk you wanted, and there is also good news.

Tigranes: Yes?

Attendant: The Romans have withdrawn! Lucullus wants to move against Pontus before facing the might of Armenia.

Tigranes: Wonderful!

Attendant:…

Tigranes:… “sigh”

Attendant:…

Tigranes: Okay I’m bored. Let’s start another war.

Attendant: With whom? Parthia?

Tigranes: Nah, that’s too cliché. I’ve got it! I’ll attack the Jews.

Attendant: But if you attack the Jews, then that leaves Syria vulnerable to attack from Nabataea!

Tigranes: I’ve got an even better idea! I’ll send Bagrates, my top general of the house of Bagratuni to invade Coele Syria and beat the Nabataeans!

Attendant: How brilliant of you sir.

Tigranes: Prepare my cataphracts… and bring more milk!

Battle of Sidon

Tigranes: My men, we don’t come here to simply unite the East under my banner, we come to have fun! Now lets get out there and have some fun!

Soldiers: Yeah!

Abdissares: Arkah, the Jews are charging!

Tigranes: Let um have it!

Tigranes: Ahh!!! Those bright capes are blinding my eyes!

Tigranes: What the heck are those things!

Abdissares: Thessalian Mercenary Cavalry!

Tigranes: What do they think this place is, the circus?! Let’s kill these jokers, Chaaarge!

Tigranes: You just got owned!

Tigranes: Alright my cataphracts, I’ll clean up these missile troops, you guys hold off those reinforcement hecantonta…matachitaka… Whatever their names are, just get them!

Abdissares: The cataphracts seem to be in a bit of a pickle sir.

Tigranes: Yes, a kosher pickle. Hahahaha!

Abdissares: … Well, sir?

Tigranes: How come I only get my jokes? Lets go help then.

Tigranes: Hah! Can anybody escape the might of Tigranes?

Jewish Soldier: I can!

Tigranes: Not likely.

Tigranes: Once again, I am victorious thanks to warm goat milk… I mean our superior soldiers!

Abdissares: Good news Arkah. Bagrates has taken Damascus without a hitch, and the enemy was using autoresolve too!

Tigranes: Could this day get any better?

BNS's Avatar ...

good stuff !
    the units in this mod look good and its an intresting time period , i think im going to try this mod next

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast