Page 1 of 52 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues

Default Bugs and issues

Report any bugs or issues with patch 10 here

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Master_Swordman's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bugs and issues - patch 10

Was just exploring through the factions and unit cards in the custom battle menu where I happened upon a "Unlocalized Placement Text" as one of the units of Carthage, I believe.

Also, while looking at starting set-up for the Greeks the Small Treasury had a description of "Warning: You should never see this text" or something to that effect.

Basically just those very small things. For a mod this big to have only two, that I know of, small issues at the release of it's tenth patch really says something about the quality of the mod and the team that makes it.

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots (18-0) vs. New York Giants (12-6)
    ...and another ones gone, and another ones gone...

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

I noticed the Greek Treasury bug to.

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Faction icons in diplomacy and victory screens appear to be broken, displaying the old RTW icons rather than the custom Roma Surrectum icons.

Minor annoyance, but it does display Purgamum's icon as Numidia, and Syracusae's icon as the Scipii faction.

Screenshot here:

@Syntax: I haven't seen this before, very strange.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Did you run the UI.bat, Syntax? That is not happening on mine.
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

For the greek treasury bug, is it the greek_cities faction that is getting this bug? Or which faction exactly is getting the bug?
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

a lot of them do. i'm not sure what causes it. someone'll investigate it, dont worry
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

[QUOTE=Syntax Error;1750231]Faction icons in diplomacy and victory screens appear to be broken, displaying the old RTW icons rather than the custom Roma Surrectum icons.

Minor annoyance, but it does display Purgamum's icon as Numidia, and Syracusae's icon as the Scipii faction.

You need to run 'new_UI.bat, that will fix this. It is also in the RTW folder. You either never ran it, or did a new full install. If you do a full install, you have to run 'new_ui.bat' because it fixes the small diplomacy icons.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Alright, sounds good. I did a fresh install and only ran the UI.bat.

I just got around to installing patch 10. But when i ran the ui.bat i got an error saying that a file is corrupted.

So i was i like no big deal. Reinstalled RTW, patched, patched to 10, and i get the same error.

Not sure why this is happening maybe i got a bad download. Any help would great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Face_Face View Post
    I just got around to installing patch 10. But when i ran the ui.bat i got an error saying that a file is corrupted.

So i was i like no big deal. Reinstalled RTW, patched, patched to 10, and i get the same error.

Not sure why this is happening maybe i got a bad download. Any help would great thanks.
    do u get the error message when you're running the ui.bat or after u have done that and are starting the game up?

I get the error right after i finish running ui.bat.

Edit:Giving it a fresh install as I type.

i take it the imperial campaign and the provincial campaign have the same map aswell?

Patrician

If you do a fresh install, you need to run 'NEW_UI.bat'. If you ONLY install Patch10 over an existing copy of RS, then you can run just 'UI.bat'.

I've never seen a 'file corrupted' message from running that batch file. Are you running Vista? If the installer actually ran and extracted the files, it's impossible for it to be corrupted. So it has to be something else. If your download was corrupt, it would tell you immediately as soon as you tried to run it.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Yeah I just got it to work. I did another fresh install and after a some frustration with the patches i got it to work fine so far.

I was looking in my hard-drives and I found an half-installed version of RTW i think the game was trying to mod those files.

But all is well got it to work.

P.S: OMG dvk answered my question!

EDIT: Yay I want me some new sigs

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

every now and then i get a random ctd. it happened once in a battle and it happened a couple more times in a campaign map, once when i tried to train a diplomat in Argos, and once when i tried to build an odeon in athens. I restarted it and it worked fine but does anyone know what is causing this?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish View Post
    every now and then i get a random ctd. it happened once in a battle and it happened a couple more times in a campaign map, once when i tried to train a diplomat in Argos, and once when i tried to build an odeon in athens. I restarted it and it worked fine but does anyone know what is causing this?
    My answer to that would be...unforunately...something 'buggy' about your installation. Those two particular actions should never cause a CTD, and no one has ever reported one as a result of doing that.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Well, I just got my first CTD ever on RS...playing as the Greek Cities I was pulled into a fight with my allies Macedon. It was a night fight, which if I remember correctly was just implemented? Anyhow, the battle loaded and just as the loading bar filled up it CTD'd. So maybe an issue with night fights?

ive played a few night fight and they have worked fine, even with my budget cereal box computer

Page 1 of 52 12345678910112651 ... LastLast