Thread: Windows/Total War Question

Default Windows/Total War Question

Right now, I am in the process of adding a new faction. I'm doing this by replacing Numidia in Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition. So, this requires me to replace all traces of Numidia with the new faction name, that is for the exception units such as Numidian Spearmen and other things. There is a text file called "export_descr_buildings" in which I have encountered an error on line 1930, column 71.

Does anyone know of a quick way to navigate to this line to fix the problem?

EDIT: I'm actually DELETING traces of Numidia, but replacing necessary parts with new faction.
    Last edited by Ullerius Tiberius; May 11, 2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added Statement
    Somebody who only reads newspapers and at best books of contemporary authors looks to me like an extremely near-sighted person who scorns eyeglasses. He is completely dependent on the prejudices and fashions of his times, since he never gets to see or hear anything else. And what a person thinks on his own without being stimulated by the thoughts and experiences of other people is even in the best case rather paltry and monotonous. There are only a few enlightened people with a lucid mind and style and with good taste within a century. What has been preserved of their work belongs among the most precious possessions of mankind. We owe it to a few writers of antiquity (Plato, Aristotle, etc.) that the people in the Middle Ages could slowly extricate themselves from the superstitions and ignorance that had darkened life for more than half a millennium. Nothing is more needed to overcome the modernist's snobbishness. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Default Re: Windows/Total War Question

Firstly this should probably be in the modding forum.

Can't you just open the file and navigate (by scrolling) to that line?

Well, manually scrolling down "1930" lines is unreasonable, I need some way to maybe enter the line number and go to it. (Its a huge text file).
    Somebody who only reads newspapers and at best books of contemporary authors looks to me like an extremely near-sighted person who scorns eyeglasses. He is completely dependent on the prejudices and fashions of his times, since he never gets to see or hear anything else. And what a person thinks on his own without being stimulated by the thoughts and experiences of other people is even in the best case rather paltry and monotonous. There are only a few enlightened people with a lucid mind and style and with good taste within a century. What has been preserved of their work belongs among the most precious possessions of mankind. We owe it to a few writers of antiquity (Plato, Aristotle, etc.) that the people in the Middle Ages could slowly extricate themselves from the superstitions and ignorance that had darkened life for more than half a millennium. Nothing is more needed to overcome the modernist's snobbishness. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Wrong forum, moved to the Rome Workshop.

in notepad, use the goto function. (ctrl)+g, or Edit, goto

Good luck
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Thanks, this does seem to work. Now that I think about, there is a help section that tells you all about notepad functions. Guess I am just used to assuming "Help" is not going to be useful.
    Last edited by Ullerius Tiberius; May 13, 2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added missing word