Thread: What I hope/expect from DM for MTW2

Default What I hope/expect from DM for MTW2

Hi all, a post that I feel I should make now that DM will be taking a "new" life, with the patch 1.2 out.

So far, DM focused on fixing a lot of bugs since the game was so buggy. Most of the improvments to the AI (and they were huge) were basicaly what CAs job was to do.

Now that the game is in pretty solid shape what I would like to see from DM in the future...

When I first tried DM, it was I think DM 8 for RTW... I started a game, played a few turns and then ended up in a battle, with about a full stack on both sides. Rather similar composition in terms of strenght of units. I thought - another easy win. Usualy, in such terms, I would not lose over 20% my troops in a Clear Victory.

How wrong was I... by the end of the battle, I managed to win. But only 100 of my 800 troops survived, most of those by fleeing the field. I remember my tired archers, depeleted of ammo being forced into melee because all my troops were wasted, the AI flanking me, using reserves and using terain. The most impressive thing was that in such a close battle (equal troops strenght) almost all my army died to make the enemy fall back. It was a magnificent battle.

That is what I hope DM can deliver again, unparalleled battle AI. A situation where battles would be long and deadly, where troops would die and where the AI would stand a chance.

Regards,
    a fan of DM
    Fran

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: What I hope/expect from DM for MTW2

Yes that is exactly what I hope for as well Fran, my experience with Darth Mod was the same!

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

As far as I remember, my first DarthMod was 5.0 or 6.0

@ fran

The thing that made the AI so tough to beat in DarthMod 8 was Darths excellent AI formations. But unfortunately in M2TW the AI uses formations differently. And I remember Darth saying he hasn’t been able to get the AI to use his new formations properly.

But I agree with you if Darth could get better formations to work some how, this would improve the battle AI more than anything else could. But I don’t know if this is even possible for Darth to mod.
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM.

You can count on that for sure! I have a package to be posted soon as OS21. Will upload very soon. It will be a quick Battle pack!. Currently the patch 1.2 corrected a lot but created also a strange passive feel of battles. Prepare for Darth Cavalry charges once again!