Thread: Perhaps someone can help???

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Perhaps someone can help???

Everyone here seems to know their stuff so perhaps you might be able to help.I have been trying to install the sound pack and patch for the OIM mod for BI but am having trouble getting it to run correctly(still BI music and sounds when I play the mod)I am not sure what I am doing wrong,so please any helpful suggestions would be really appreciated!!!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Perhaps someone can help???

Moved to the workshop.

Try renaming the file "events.DAT" in your data/sounds/music folder.

Just add an x to the end of it.

so it's eventsx.DAT

Welcome to TWC.

Hi!!!Thanx for the welcome,I am glad to be amongst you!!Also thanx for the tip,but i tried it and now oddly enough there are sound effects(still the BI ones)but now there is just no music at all...Perhaps I did something wrong???

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Firstly you need to explain what you did in detail - and you are hundred times more likely to get someone to read your post and understand how to help if you post in the forum related to the mod you are trying out.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Did the mod come with a sounds folder? if yes there should be a folder inside called 'music', and in there you have the new tracks. Check the descr_music file as well to see if it matches the new tracks. Alternatively if the mod came with the music re-packed there should be a new events.DAT file with it.

This pack comes with dos batch files,which I ran according to the instructions but to no avail(to put it more clearly from the start,I downloaded the required files and installed them to the directory as instructed,and from there I ran the two batch files that came packed...and no results,I did though notice that the batch said failed to open on many files,perhaps this is the issue??I did actually notice that some that tried to install this had trouble as well but this resulted from the particular file not working...perhaps that is the case with the one i have...I will check on that..and I apologise if i misposted this query in the wrong place..I figured...hey it says help with Rome and related Mods...and...it is a Rome BI Mod...but If I was wrong,again i am sorry...and again as well,thankx for any and all help