Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Faction Tips and Strategies

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Faction Tips and Strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Was your economy based on land or sea trade? If it was, maybe some of yours trade partners lost important economic regions, or either they got some of their ports blocked bt pirates/enemies.
    Ah, now i know...i managed to unite the steppes, so 2 full stacks of kypchak units materialised out of nowhere No wonder my finances hit rock bottom so quickly.
    Am thinking of giving the kypchak campaign another try after having completed the ghorid short campaign objectives on M/M...not a bad achievement for someone who has been playing TW for only 2 months, would you say?

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help with KoJ on 2.3 (not patched).

In my current campaign the ERE have made Armenia a client state, took Antioch and then proceeded to declare war on me. They are sending almost full stack armies on a regular basis. They've taken Tartus and grinding me down all across the north. To add to this the Muslim faction t my east, the one with the flsg reminiscent of Isis have just attacked me and taken Al-Rusa. the ERE have asked me to become a vassal but I feel I might as well give up if I'm to accept that offer.

Is there any way of fighting back? is the ERE overpowered in 2.3? I've tried to ask the Seljuk Turks and Georgians to attack ERE, but to no avail. The Papacy also didn't respond to my first call for help...

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyBrasko View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for some help with KoJ on 2.3 (not patched).

In my current campaign the ERE have made Armenia a client state, took Antioch and then proceeded to declare war on me. They are sending almost full stack armies on a regular basis. They've taken Tartus and grinding me down all across the north. To add to this the Muslim faction t my east, the one with the flsg reminiscent of Isis have just attacked me and taken Al-Rusa. the ERE have asked me to become a vassal but I feel I might as well give up if I'm to accept that offer.

Is there any way of fighting back? is the ERE overpowered in 2.3? I've tried to ask the Seljuk Turks and Georgians to attack ERE, but to no avail. The Papacy also didn't respond to my first call for help...
    I haven't played in a while so someone correct me if I mistake something:
    1) Last time I checked, you don't lose if you become a vassal, you continue to survive, but pay ERE half of your earnings every turn. This will give you some time to regroup your forces and build up your strengths.
    I think you can stop being a vassal, but I've never done it so I am not sure about it.

2) It is possible that you can offer one of your fiefs/castles/lands in return for peace or a truce. Try to pay the ERE some small tributes to avoid them steam-rolling you.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

I eventually lost that game, took stock of why and restarted another game as KOJ.

This time I took Balbaq, Damaskus and then Antioch, with my initial starting army and choosing to spend all my coin on economic improvements. The ERE landed an army at Antioch and did nothing for a long time. I proceeded to to march all the way into Al-ruha (Edessa) and take about three further cities. At this point the ERE launched an attack upon Antioch.

This was just the excuse I needed, they were also at war with the Seljuks of Rum, so I was planning on going for Cyprus eventually. I Blitzkrieged through Cyprus and their southern and central cities, they however were close to crushing the Seljuks (along with Armenia, my allies who have agreed to "provide assistance" against ERE, but have failed to do anything yet...) so I gifted one or two cities to the Seljuks to keep them in the fight. In the meantime the 4th Crusade showed up at constantinople, I had big hopes for them but unfortunately they were replused in 1 turn!!!

Currently I'm in a bit of a fix, the Abbyuids have just declared war. I was able to rush a lot of troops (bound for Asia Minor) to reinforce Gaza. They assinated King Baldwin st Kerak as I had three large armies engaing theirs. One army went rebel at this point. My troop numbers in Asia Minor has resulting in my campaign running out of steam their and in the Mediterranean, the ERE navy has the upper hand again (they're an economic powerhouse).

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyBrasko View Post
    I eventually lost that game, took stock of why and restarted another game as KOJ.

This time I took Balbaq, Damaskus and then Antioch, with my initial starting army and choosing to spend all my coin on economic improvements. The ERE landed an army at Antioch and did nothing for a long time. I proceeded to to march all the way into Al-ruha (Edessa) and take about three further cities. At this point the ERE launched an attack upon Antioch.

This was just the excuse I needed, they were also at war with the Seljuks of Rum, so I was planning on going for Cyprus eventually. I Blitzkrieged through Cyprus and their southern and central cities, they however were close to crushing the Seljuks (along with Armenia, my allies who have agreed to "provide assistance" against ERE, but have failed to do anything yet...) so I gifted one or two cities to the Seljuks to keep them in the fight. In the meantime the 4th Crusade showed up at constantinople, I had big hopes for them but unfortunately they were replused in 1 turn!!!

Currently I'm in a bit of a fix, the Abbyuids have just declared war. I was able to rush a lot of troops (bound for Asia Minor) to reinforce Gaza. They assinated King Baldwin st Kerak as I had three large armies engaing theirs. One army went rebel at this point. My troop numbers in Asia Minor has resulting in my campaign running out of steam their and in the Mediterranean, the ERE navy has the upper hand again (they're an economic powerhouse).

Any thoughts on how to proceed?
    Hmm, I would recommended to attempt a peace/truce with one faction while you focus on demolishing the other.
    How are the Abbyuids' faring? Are they strong or weak?

Generally, some factions may accept a truce quickly after they declare they (you may have to offer some cash, or a settlement). But in this case, I would try to have a truce with the ERE and offer them a tribute; if this works, I'd focus my efforts/armies on the Abbyuids, and either finish them off or weaken them till they pose no legitimate threat.

As for the ERE, they will get stronger and stronger with time.

Generally in my previous games (mostly as Abbyuids), I'd let the ERE do as they please with other factions (and attempt to bribe them to delay the ERE declaring war on me).
    Once I'd built up my castles and cities to produce quality armies, i'd strike suddenly at the bigger cities and capital of the ERE and attempted to grab as many cities as I can while fighting off the stakes of ERE armies (at this stage in the game, the ERE pretty much steam-rolled through asia-minor and Euphrates.
    Last edited by Morbius Sire; November 08, 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

I went for peace with the ERE bartering Smyrna in the process. The Turks have 1 city left and my allies the Armenians are also at war with Rome...and the turks, some complicated diplomatic dances! I decided I'd be better off taking down the Abbyuids as they are endangering my key cities. They are very strong, fielding some Mamaluk troops which seem a bit scary! I sent a full stack to their NW coast via the Med and took one of their cities in the rear...currently I'm picking off maller armies which are bypassing Kerak and the city at the Gulf of Aqba...feel a bit like that Reynauld de Chatillon from ingdom of Heaven...speaking of which I've just returned him from Anatolia, he's a 8 or 9 start general from campaigning out there.

In the NE the faction with the flag like ISIS keep sending spies and assassins to my border towns. The assassins haven't engaged in any activity yet, but I don't think it will be too long before I face them... It's a big change from vanillia how aggresive the AI is with their use of assassins.

I presume Constantinople would yield a huge sum of money?

A question I have is, how do I produce Templar axeman, with an attack of 22 or thereabouts? Only on my very first go were they available in Jerusaleum, same goes for Templar Knights, and they disppeared as a production option after that.

Another question, how does one reduce squalor in cities, town halls, etc?