Thread: Crash to Desktop

Default Crash to Desktop

Ok this is my first mod and im having some troubles. I just installed patch 1.2 and decided to try a mod. I saw stainless steel 3.2 and saw it looked great and decided to try it. I downloaded in into my medieval 2 folder and clicked the launched once the instalation was complete. It goes into a blackscreen with the stainless steel logo, but soon after it dumps back to the desktop. I dont know what the problem is, so any help is greatly apreciated; thanks

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Crash to Desktop

You have to install SS 3.0 first before installing SS patch 3.2 if I'm not wrong.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Hi AdmiringtheEnemy,

As Eastern Red mentioned you need to install the SS 3.0 full version first and then apply the SS 3.2 patch.

I hope this helps...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Ahhhh! I just uninstalled 3.2, then installed 3.0 and reinstalled 3.2.
    But when i click the launcher, the same thing happens and goes right back to the desktop. Is there something im missing or not getting? Sry i forgot to tell you im a total noob at mods.
    Last edited by AdmiringtheEnemyeh?; May 10, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Hi admiringtheenemy,

make sure that you point the installation of both, 3.0 and 3.2 to the correct folder:
    normally to ".../programs/SEGA/Mediaval II Total War".
    Note that the installer of SS 3.0 points to "programs/Medieval II Total War", unfortunately.
    This is the main reason why some people can't start the mod.

I hope this helps...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

King Kong; i have 3 sentences. Wow. OMG! and; Dude YOUR AWSOME. Not only did you help me install this, but you also created the greatest mod on M2TW! The content is truly amazing..