Thread: Croatia?

Default Croatia?

How about a croatian faction? They played a crucial role in the struggle against the Ottomans. One pope, can't remember who, called them the frontline of Christianity.

Default Re: Croatia?

They were extremely minor and as far as I know they did not exist.

it was a part of Kingdom of Hungary at the time

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

croats should be represented not as faction but as unique units for habsburgs.
    irrelevant??
    have you ever heard for Pandurs, Uskoks, Croatian hussars, Croat cavalry, Militargrantze, Nikola Zrinski (Miklos Zriny), Nikola Jurišić, sige of Kosseg, siege of
    Siget (Szigetvar), battle of Sisak and list goes on ... ? if not than go read more about habsburg vs ottoman wars.

I think matko's idea is very good.

Kroatian units really played a major role in the habsburg armies, especially in the later medieval period.

I think Croatian units could be implemented in an AOR, but not as a whole new faction. I believe our energies are better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre657 View Post
    I think Croatian units could be implemented in an AOR, but not as a whole new faction. I believe our energies are better spent elsewhere.
    then you will have a weird an impossible situations like ottoman turks recruting croatian units which is totally historically incorrect. only if you can make a script that enables that only catholic nations can recruit them...

only possible solution is to make some famous cro units avalible to habsburgs and venice.

A valid point, but just because I mentioned an AOR, it doesn't mean that everyone would be able to recruit them. A script is not required either, just alterations in EDU and EDB.

then its OK. if you need any info ill help.

There are only three types of units (infantry) specific to only Croatia in the time period: Haramije, Uskoci, Cernide

All three are included in the Hungarian unit list

And I should know, I'm from Croatia