Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imago Dei - An EXCELLENT new mod

Default Imago Dei - An EXCELLENT new mod

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=302331

This mod adds a lot in term of the dynamic gameplay. It adds too many things to explain.

New governments, religions, and a ridiculously amount of new events.

There are some things that I dont enjoy about it if you read my post in the link you will see but it is the first version and is very good for a first version of a mod.

id adds
    ***** 1.00 *****
    - Early colonization now restricted only semi-artificially; one requires two specific ideas (or 1 specific idea, and 4 ideas total)
    to get sufficient colonists to colonize handily, aside from occasional free colonists granted for explorers/conquistadors.
    - Religions greatly expanded and religion structure reworked. Added:
    - Oriental Orthodoxy (Coptic and Armenian churches)
    - Polytheism for the Inca and their core area
    - Sikhism
    - the Ibadi (the Omani sect)
    - radical Wahhabism (The Saudis in the late game)
    - Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism (now divided)
    - Taoism
    - Religious pluralism in the late game
    - Religious events greatly expanded. Includes:
    - Tolerance and intolerance of Jews
    - The Sufis
    - Western missionaries to eastern lands
    - Protestantism spread corrections, including minor coverage of the Inquisition
    - Irish likelihood to convert now modified by bordering non-Irish "oppressors"
    - Ability to declare oneself the Caliphate, and greater protection of Mecca
    - Shi'ite expansion and unrest; the Shi'a start out with much less territory
    - The ability for governments to change religions under certain conditions:
    - Hindu to Sunni and back
    - Orthodox to Catholic and back
    - primitive nations to christianity, islam, paganism or buddhism
    - Hindu/Sunni to Sikhism
    - Eastern Religions to Christianity, after long exposure to missionary work
    - Sunni to Shia under revolutionary conditions
    - Removed poorly-structured vanilla pagan-conversion events (if it's a province event, why is there a conversion choice?)
    - Religious Tolerance reworked. Religious sliders now have a *tiny* effect - revolt risk is better controlled by the "tolerance-
    intolerance" slider, which replaces the innovative-narrowminded slider. One sacrifices stability costs for revolt risk, or vice-
    versa. Conversion cheaper, which helps the AI convert more aggressively.
    - Cultures tweaked. Added Kurds, expanded Armenians, added distinct Ryukyun and Ainu cultures in Japan. Changed culture groups.
    Changed primary culture for the White and Black Sheep Turks and the Mameluks.
    - Added Kurdistan and Azerbaijan. Added Ainu revolter nation. Gave Persia cores on Persian-culture provinces. Tweaked Persian
    formation.
    - Added Navajo. Nubia and Navajo now come into existence naturally regardless of when the game starts, unless their areas are
    conquered.
    - Governments radically reworked. Many cultures now include appropriate government titles, with slight incentives to keep
    titles such as "Duke" rather than "King". All governments except papacy now include the ability to convert to other governments.
    Some "prestige" titles added, such as High King of Ireland or Tsar of Russia. Governments are detailed in the extras folder. Stole
    the idea from Kaigon, though not the content.
    - Ability to claim the mandate of heaven for Confucian governments.
    - Coded weakness for Ming, Burgundy, Timurids, and Mameluks - they now lose value (at least, value visible to modding) for luck if
    they are selected as lucky nations. Note that this has no effect on a player - it simply ensures that they will not be *unusually*
    strong as AI players.
    - Revolt risk increased. Revolt risk added for overseas provinces, making patchwork countries less stable. Penalties for low
    stability much higher.
    - American revolters now flexible in terms of government, religion, and culture. Some revolters will qualify for prestige names, of
    which the United States is one.
    - Graphics changes:
    - reworked religious graphics. Changed default graphics for the pagan religions, Shia, and Shinto (didn't like Paradox's),
    and added ones for new religions. Religious groups now have a picture of a prominent building in the domestic window instead of a
    tapestry.
    - extended domestic policy screen to make room for religions; also gives more room for diplomacy.
    - added flags for revolters, fictional prestige nations, and the Navajo.
    - Balanced policy sliders.
    - Balanced ideas.
    - Changed tech groups to "societies" - one can now "westernize" without changing their discovery group at all. Changing a small
    amount is not difficult, but changing a large amount takes a great deal of time and effort. Levels are detailed in the extras
    folder. One falls levels with inflation; one raises levels with good (i.e., appropriate to the level) sliders and administration,
    as well as low inflation.
    - In the late game, one can become a "great power" and access certain special bonuses with sliders.
    - Doubled time required to gain or lose a core. Made it twice as easy to gain a culture and twice as hard to lose one.
    - Made supply and attrition more variable depending upon locality and other factors.
    - Made CoTs spawn occasionally by event.
    - Severely increased effect of Badboy. Added more penalties for enormous size.
    - Enabled capital-moving to certain key sites, with appropriate culture.
    - Made other tweaks which appealed to me.
    ***** 1.01 *****
    - British and Gaelic culture groups expanded. Many subgroups now include crossover abilities from one group to the other.
    - Added cores to English revolters. Added unrest flag to initial English setup.
    - Added ability for Welsh, Cornish, or Scots to become Great Britain, at the expense of joining the hated British culture group.
    - Reformed spread made dynamic and representative. Reformed spread now forks into two possible developments; either as a peaceful
    development by small plutocratic or free societies, or as a revolt led by elements from accepted or tolerated cultures in larger
    countries, ensuring that only large minorities or culture group minorities will experience it.
    - Added titles of Ban and Archduke for appropriate countries.
    - Slightly improved knightly orders.
    - Small bug fix in tolerance.txt.
    Its a very good mod, i'd suggest using it. I personally am using this mod and modified a few things, i may or may not release my own version soon.

edit: one of the more interesting additions is that there are "asians" and "islamic" american revolters. And countries change their religion and culture based on what is at the capital upon release. There is also capital movement and tons of other things. Its a very godlike mod.

Also there is a ton of event based country modifiers perminent and not.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 09, 2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: An EXCELLENT new mod.

OH MY GOD. Oriental Orthodoxy. I'm checking this out NOW.

Skimming through the game, I can see a flaw or two...Cornish is already in the british culture group, and is for some reason separate from the actual cornish from cornwall (who are in the celtic group)

Georgians are now in (presumably) the caucasian group...with circassians, but there are no circassian culture provinces. Also, they should not be oriental orthodox. They are and were in communion with the greeks and russians.

I'm tempted to contest that Qarabagh should be of Azeri culture...

I'm such a nitpick

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

Waw looks great and at least someone made something decent enchancements for non-europeans countries.
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment

I've never tried a mod for EU3 before, but I think this one can be worth a download.

New events
    We march, march, march
    we fight, fight, fight
    we die, die, die
    we rule!!!

This mod, the events modifiers, and everything, really improves the game.

Skimming through the game, I can see a flaw or two...Cornish is already in the british culture group, and is for some reason separate from the actual cornish from cornwall (who are in the celtic group)
    There is a reason for this. If you play as a gaelic nation you can convert the provinces to gaelic culture. Like their is cornish, which is british, or the gaelic form of cornish.

Its so if your playing as scotland or ireland that the gaelic provinces conform to you same if your english.

Also its nice that you can get all of scotland to be the same culture, instead of "lowland and highland" scottish.

The reason for all of this is if you form britan with a gaelic nation it will count as you conforming to english culture and it will move you to the british culture group while the gaelic provinces adapt.

Waw looks great and at least someone made something decent enchancements for non-europeans countries.
    The east-asian events are very good. Especially those associated with China. The islamic events are interesting as well but i havn't tried them yet. I like the idea that you can become Caliph.

with circassians, but there are no circassian culture provinces.
    Circassians get created by events iirc also they are rulers of the mameluks. Their territory is arab, so they were a cultural minority ruling an arab state, which is why there are no provinces in that country that shares their culture.

http://www.circassianworld.com/circassianmamluks.html
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 10, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Georgians are now in (presumably) the caucasian group...with circassians, but there are no circassian culture provinces. Also, they should not be oriental orthodox. They are and were in communion with the greeks and russians.
    Where it is possible download EU III ?

Where it is possible download EU III ?
    www.gamersgate.com

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

tnx

Well, I'm still playing my Magna Mundi beta campaign, but I'm gonna try this one as well. Sounds chuicy.

I'm in love with this mod.
    Actually I've decided to tweak it to my taste, graphic wise, so I'm making some new icons for the religious tolerance screen (those iamges are awful) and for the religions themselves.
    I'm actually considering a complete graphic overhaul to go along with the mods' amazing events. Any input from you guys would be great.
    浪人 - 二天一

well, heh, I'll have some nice pics for the oriental orthodox come late july, but for now, just google image "Khachkar".

This mod *is* epic, but I've gotten a crippling recurring fatal bug going on in the 1.01 version, I am currently downloading a more recent version just to test if this was fixed.

1.05 version, which is located in the link Kanaric provided, does not have this problem.

I'm in love with this mod.
    Actually I've decided to tweak it to my taste, graphic wise, so I'm making some new icons for the religious tolerance screen (those iamges are awful) and for the religions themselves.
    I'm actually considering a complete graphic overhaul to go along with the mods' amazing events. Any input from you guys would be great.
    I've been changing it as well. You might want to try merlins graphics mod and integrating it with that.

If this thing goes through with having new games on TWcenter I want to try to convince the creator of this mod to have it hosted on this site so he can get his own forums for some Paradox section.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=284582
    This is a good custom graphics mod. Probably the best. IDK if it comes with symbols but it comes with flags and many other things. I used it until I used imago dei, never tried merging them though it was my intent to.

I've done a few things to tweak the mod to my taste. Like a couple of games I reverted badboy penalties to vanilla's settings. AIs can't deal with revolt risk very well though hes trying to figure out how to mod the AI to deal with it in a smart way.

One question: I tried this mod today with that Japan campaign I'm running. I conquered all of Korea but was unable to annex them (the best I could do was have them cede all but their capital to me.) Is this the mod? Or is this something to do with vanilla. The only other experience with annexation I've had is when I played Leister (sp?) in Ireland and conquered Munster, Connact, etc. I was able to sue for peace and annex them.

TYIA for any answers.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

You probably should start campaigns fresh for a mod...unless I'm understanding you wrong?
    (yar, add me to MSN if you have it!)

Annexation works like this in any version of EUIII. You can only annex New World and maybe African nations that have more than one province. Otherwise you can only reduce a faction to a single province in one war.

Ireland is like that because all the petty kingdoms are composed of a single province. If you're playing ID and you control the entire Island, your govt becomes a "High Kingdom" and you are renamed "Ireland".

I think the only nation forming events like that are Russia (from any russian nation), Spain (from castille, aragon, navarra, or portugal, they keep their culture and are just renamed to spain, gaining a whole bunch of core provinces in the process), Persia, and Ireland.

There are quite a few New World revolter nations that can form as a result of a revolt though, as well. Just now, I beat the Ottoman Empire, and forced them to release the nation "Sultanate of the West". It is a turkish culture sultanate ruled by Sultana Elisibeth (hehe), located in Canada. It is rather big but somewhat primitive.

Oh, I did start the campaign fresh with ID. And you explained the reason why I wasn't able to annex Korea. Like I said, the only other experience I had with annexation was on Ireland and I was conquering single provence nations (like Munster, Connact, etc). So, that explains it! So, if I were to fight Korea again (they are down to their one and only capital provence) I should be able to annex them? Koolio.

Not sure where I'm headed next. I should probably sit on my new land for a bit and get them 'conformed' to Japanese ways. Any idea how long it takes for cultures and religions to change (ball park)?
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

I think generally for conversion you must send missionaries from your land. There is a percentage for success...if your missionaries fail after however long it takes them to convert the populace, the province will rebel...not too bad generally.

And yes, if you battle korea again while they only have one province you will be able to annex them. It takes a couple of years for nationalism to go away...but once it does you're fairly good. ID allows you to accept other cultures twice as fast (toleration of other cultures...venitians for example start with greek and croatian tolerance, since their non italian territories are all greek and croatian.), so within a decade or three you should get a message saying korean is an accepted culture.

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

How is ImagoDei compared to MagnaMundi3 regarding stability and gameplay?
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

Unsure, I've never played Magna Mundi for any length of time. ID seems very stable, though.

As soon as my paradox plaza account is reactivated, I'm going to suggest to the maker of the mod to make events similar to Gaelic comeback in britain for armenians (maybe for mus, erzerum, qarabagh), copts (christian conversion resulting in culture change to "Coptic"), and greeks (turkish in anatolia will become anatolian). Highly plausible for this timeframe considering the high christian populations in these three regions.

Its stable, as far as gameplay its hard to describe unless you read what it adds.

It has bugs, but none that crash the game. Its still a new mod, especially compared to MM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast