Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x - Read First Post!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenogoras View Post
    Thank you for this great game.
    One question: Are christians(barbarians) supposed to get the MuslimPiety trait. I have Antioch as England. Some familymembers are now both christians and muslims.
    I started the campaign with 0.98.05 then after .06 came out I added that. I have not had any CTD:s yet in the game(anno 1105).
    You can build the 'crusader-church', can't you? (And also the crusader-state-proclamation should be in place)
    If you have this building in the settlement, then characters in the settlement should go 100% christian again (after one turn), at least it is triggered like that ... while you anyway should try to build every christian belief-producing-building in such a culture-room.
    Also, it is triggered, that only non-royal-family members can get a foreign belief trait (at least as far as i remember now what i coded at last, means, the heir, the leader, and born sons of them shouldn't get any foreign belief trait).

Anyway, thanks for your report. Please playtest this campaign further up to 1140/50, if possible.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 04, 2008 at 08:13 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes. I proclaimed a Holy War in London just as Papa told me anno 1095. And I have almost completed the second level of the Crusader church. The ones "infected" are not Royal and they are not yet "Knights of Antioch". I checked the traitfile and I think this trait prohibits muslim conversion. Prince Robert and his companions are now besieging the seljuk city of Tripoli. I have one non-royal member as governor in Antioch with "Faithful Muslim" trait. I will keep him there and see what happens the next turn.

Patrician Artifex

Well, i'm excited how your camp will go on.

Anyway, i hope that the addition of 0.98.06 on 0.98.05 within the campaign (saved game) won't give issues, but it should work well if you had have indeed all 0.98.05a-b adds prior to the add of 0.98.06.
    The muslim piety now in place might be one issue.

However, hope you have fun
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 04, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Icon4 ctd 0.98 beta + 06 FIX

HI,

First play with this mod.

1) looks great for me:
    very nice historic background
    strategic oriented ( no lot of money and no a lot of army)

2) options of play
    - easy battle
    - medium campaign
    - french kingdom
    - Vanilla RW + 1.3 and 1.5 ( no BI) and no others mod
    - no autosave

3) Ctd after invading Gent settlement at north of Paris (English before)
    battle done without problem.

-Date : summer 1098.

The Ctd occurs after the middle of of End turn processing in campaign map.

4 ) I loaded a save done after the battle and I done some others actions on campaign map but the same CTD occurs again at the middle of End turn processing.

4 ) I loaded again the save done after the battle and I only ocuppy the empty Gent city on campaign map but the same CTD occurs again at the middle of End turn processing.

5) I loaded again the save done after the battle and I do nothing (i do not ocuppy the Gent city on campaign map ), but the same CTD occurs again at the middle of End turn processing.

Remark 1: some turns ago I have invaded an independent settlement without problem.( ->Fougeres , French britanny)

Remark 2 : the ctd seems occur when proccesing al-salijika faction
    in End turn processing. IT is the only thing I have seen before the ctd

I hope this data can help you to solve this issue.

Regards.

Matin.

ps : sorry for my English

Icon4 Re: ctd 0.98 beta + 06 FIX

Other remark.
    During the battle two English leaders was killed ( one was the english faction leader), perhaps a relation with the ctd.

Regards.
    Matin.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks for the report.

The ctd won't have to do with the settlement-capture or with the battles.

This kind of ctd is known to us, and i thought i've fixed it, but seems that's not the case. We work on it.

Personified Boredom's Avatar Tiro

Alright, here's a weird one, and due to the circumstances, isn't one you'll likely be able to reproduce.

I finally got around to downloading 0.98. Install as usual, etc., etc., when something goes wrong. After installing, I start the game. Right as the little Rome screen pops up and the screen flicks to black [after which it should then switch to the Chiv loading screen], the monitor bugs out. The will not show the game, just a little message displaying:

"MODE NOT SUPPORTED

H:82.3KHZ V:75.1hz"

I tried reinstalling, no change. I fiddled around with the monitor settings, to no avail. Changing the screen resolution does nothing- I get the same message, with the only change being that the H: and V: numbers fluctuate slightly.

Now, the weird part is that the game is running all the while. The music plays, but the screen is blacked out except for the message. I think i even managed to start a campaign or custom battle by randomly clicking because I heard the campaign map music playing. So, as far as I can tell, nothing is wrong with the game itself.

I'm not certain if this is the best place to ask advice on what is [most probably] a hardware issue.

*Also, no other mod does this. No older version of Chiv does either. Just this newest release. So I can keep on playing .96 until I sort this out.

Try adding "-ne" to the command line in the shortcut. I had a problem similar to this for another game and got it to work in windowed mode, which is what "-ne" does.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Patrician Artifex

Yes, either the shortcut change as CV said, or the replacement of the actual preferences.txt in the Chiv folder with the RTW vanilla one, should do the job (as i left my last preferences.txt settings in this 0.98 file, if i remember correct, just could be possible that this is the issue, as i have a widescreen 22" 1680x1050, 60 Hz).

I am using version 0.98.07 with Alex.exe.
    -In custombattles as Sicily I tried to use the teutonic footknights. CTD occured with textures missing. I corrected the DMB-file(just copied and change the line to Dacia) then it worked fine.
    - Nubian archer and Nubian spearmen seems to have their unitdescriptions mixed up.
    - The teutonic knights look gorgeous but it feels a little strange as Sicily when my knights are wearing the doubleeagle of the HRE on their shields.

BTW my English campaign lasted to 1139. CTD-free. Unfortunately I forgot to add the immortality trait so it felt like fighting old zombies. I have now begun a Sicily-Norman campaign instead

Patrician Artifex

Thanks a lot for the report.
    Good to hear your game was stable. Did you play on RTW or BI exe?

As for th Teutonic Knight in the Levante, i wasn't sure if i shall add it or not (has been the last unit i added to the mod, so it apparently happened that i overlooked something) ... then i did it though, as for the beauty of this unit and because the fans liked him that much ... historically he shouldn't be recruitable that soon, and perhaps i'll restrict this unit again to the late game in the Baltic crusade region exclusively ... or i must think about an extra-trick for the Levante, that he becomes available very late there as well.

I used the Alex.exe for the English campaign also, but as I forgot to add a trait my familymembers never died of old age. It was a great campaign though. The only problem was that the AI cant manage populationcontrol. Many of their cities in late campaign only has 400 in population. I guess thats why you recommend only playing at large unit settings. I had to add population through the console ex add_population Kalmar...
    About the Teutonic Knights: I doesnt matter. I roleplay them as german renegades. The losing side of a bitter powerstruggle for the crown.

Perhanps some info from my latest English campaign
    Alex.exe, m/h difficulty, Huge units.
    Faction progression:
    Denmark: Conquered all of Scandinavia, except Gotland.
    France:Crippled by me
    Hre: partly crippled by me(took flanders, Köln and Strassbourg from them)They took Magdeburg, Milano and Venice.
    Aragon: partly crippled by me as I took southern France. Then they stalled within their 2 original provinces.
    Castilia and the Moors: Fought to a draw. They split the Iberian peninlsula in two.
    The berbers: They stalled after they took the one settlement to the west.
    Poland:Expanded north and east up to Lithuania
    Hungary: Expanded west and east. To the adriatic and to the black sea. Later took Krakow and Poznan from the poles.
    Rus: Stalled early. Perhaps they have to little cash to raise the troops to challenge the rebelhordes.
    Cuman: Stalled early.
    Romans: Slow start. The turning point was when the turkish settlements rebelled back to them after they had been conquered by the Seljuks of Rum. Also took Sinope and Trapez...
    Seljuks of Rum. Great start. Then they depleted ther population in a bloody war with the Romans.
    Sicily:Stalled early. I helped them by conquering Syracuse(I owned Malta then) then they did fine but they would have lost against the Italian city states if I hadnt intervined.
    Italian city states: Took Genoa and "Massilia" and Rome after it rebelled from the HRE. They were the next richest faction after me.
    Seljuks: Lost Jerusalem. Took Edessa, Aleppo and Antioch. After I took these settlements they expanded north to the black sea. They fielded great armies of horse and foot archers with som Heavy saracens.
    Armenia: Stalled early. Only 1 settlement. Later got provinces from rebellion from the seljuks in Armenia proper.
    Egypt,Fattamids?: Took Jerusalem after it rebelled and Tripoli. Then headed west to Siwa and "Cyrene". Fielded light infantry and more Saracens, not so many horsearchers.
    Last edited by Athenogoras; August 16, 2008 at 05:04 PM.

Version 0.98.07:
    Custombattle
    faction:Castillia, Romaoi
    Problem:
    - Knights of Santiago lacks proper secondary weapon. textureproblem.
    - Unitdescription, unitcards for Skoutatoi and Numerioi, spellingerror:...place to really for the cavalry...(should be rally I think)
    Last edited by Athenogoras; August 17, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Patrician Artifex

You are the most attentionful playtester atm.
    If you like you can become an official betatester, means, you can join the team and enter the dev forum*. We need a few beta testers up to the version 1.0 development.

*If you like, then check your account-groupmemberships-request to join ChivTW, and pm me about that, then i can accept it, and you'll see the dev forum and can enter it.

Well, what can I say. Its a perfect day for reading Roman unitdescriptions
    Its been raining all day.(I live 100km west of Kalmar)
    I have applied for betatesting. TaTa
    Last edited by Athenogoras; August 17, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Welcome in the team.

Aah, sweet revenge. Finally some payback for the german prepositions.
    Its "Welcome to the team"

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Athenogoras View Post
    Aah, sweet revenge. Finally some payback for the german prepositions.
    Its "Welcome to the team"
    This has been a test for you.

Now once more, welcome to the team

If you have fun to correct english grammar mistakes in Chiv, then i would be very happy if you would do that ... many people announced that, and never proceeded what they said.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Just a little error I have to report. Magdeburg is wrong spelled (Madgeburg).

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Just a little error I have to report. Magdeburg is wrong spelled (Madgeburg).
    Ups, really, never noticed, thanks. Is quick fixed.