Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

It's a misunderstanding.
    I thought you have displayed a Cuman Inf in the attached pic above. Well, it is the Crusader State Bowmen.
    Unfortunately you have the correct 0.98 version, and your ctd experiences are valid, obviously. But yes, never install a full mod folder over an old installation (stated also in the install instructions! ... possible, that this is a camp ctd reason, although i doubt it).

The "other bug" is not a bug, it is correct as for different boni per region resources.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 17, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    But I installed 0.98 just over the old version, maybe this could be the problem?
    Ok, I sorted this out. Renamed the old chivalry folder and unpacked it from the packed file again, to make sure to have a fresh 0.98.
    Ported the savegames but still got the crash
    "Worüber man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen."
    -Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    The "other bug" is not a bug, it is correct as for different boni per region resources.
    Oh right, regions with the iron ressource get those boni, right? Sorry, my bad.
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Ok, I sorted this out. Renamed the old chivalry folder and unpacked it from the packed file again, to make sure to have a fresh 0.98.
    Ported the savegames but still got the crash
    This might not be a synchron thing to implement a save from another kind of installation, but it is pretty unprobable, that this is a cause for the ctd.

Well, i wait on other reports to get a confirmation for a repeatable camp ctd culprit in this build.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Zomb, please try out the attached eda file (for data), it has a little, but eventually important fix. But it probable needs a new game start.

Hm, so far I got an CTD in 1109, but to a repeating one.
    I will run this testgame (I just hit the turn end button ) till 1120.

Okay, ist 1226 and no CTD.
    I think you can call this a succes

But this fix doesnt work with my old saves, sadly.
    Last edited by Zombimode; July 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Hm, so far I got an CTD in 1109, but to a repeating one.
    I will run this testgame (I just hit the turn end button ) till 1120.

Okay, ist 1226 and no CTD.
    I think you can call this a succes

But this fix doesnt work with my old saves, sadly.
    Great, thanks for the fast testing

But before i'm sure that this solved the repeatable ctd, that you experienced in 2 campaigns, i'll wait on a few internal test results, and then i'll make it an official fix.

Thanks a lot, Zomb
    Btw., did you test the same factions that you played in your ctd camps? It would help to know this, and if not the same factions, it would be a closer indicator if you run the same factions that ctd'd before ...

but to a repeating one.
    ...this means: "but not a repeating one" ... right?

Edit
    And thanks go to PM, because he mentioned that one certain older anc doesn't work proper as he worked on new ones, so i checked it out, and well, i hope this has been the only cause for the repeating ctd.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

I will check that out soon...

Ok, bad news

After the test run (england) I started another campaign (france again). I got some CDTs in the Seljuks turn, whose could be solved by reloading the game.
    Now, 1083 the game keep crashing (allways in the Seljuks turn).

Since all crashes till now appeared in some muslim (al murabitun or Seljuks) factions turn, I think the problem lies in a trait/anc related to muslims factions.
    -Wittgenstein

Tiro

I have written in one of previous posts than Toll Road built im Thesalonica didn't increase tax assessing (I'm playing as Roman Empire). For me similiar things happen with other buildings. Landownership, Execution Places, Control Posts doesn't give any effect and Safe Port only increases trade. Maybe they give effect but then 'show settlement details' window doesn't show it. And it looks that not in all settlements situation is not the same. I also started campaign as France and France in the beginning of campaign had this 'no effect' problem only with Execution Places and only in two its most western settlements.

Patrician Artifex

Ok, bad news

After the test run (england) I started another campaign (france again). I got some CDTs in the Seljuks turn, whose could be solved by reloading the game.
    Now, 1083 the game keep crashing (allways in the Seljuks turn).

Since all crashes till now appeared in some muslim (al murabitun or Seljuks) factions turn, I think the problem lies in a trait/anc related to muslims factions.
    The anc file above is a fix, but it fixes not entirely the camp crashes

I playtested France until ca. 1104 complete issuefree (incl. a crusaderstate foundation in Jerusalem), and i nearly triumphed, but then i got different not repeatable ctd's, and around 1110 or so, the camp sticked with a repeating crash in the slave turn, so far i could detect it.
    Well, i work on the problem and have changed a few codes in different files in the meantime. At the weekend i'll have perhaps an update incl. fixes.

Attached is an updated edct (traits file for the Chiv/data folder), very fresh done after the above described playtest, so a chance is there for an improvement vs. the camp crash. Zomb and anybody, if you try it, you need to start a new campaign, otherwise it won't have the full update-effect.
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 18, 2008 at 04:23 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    I have written in one of previous posts than Toll Road built im Thesalonica didn't increase tax assessing (I'm playing as Roman Empire). For me similiar things happen with other buildings. Landownership, Execution Places, Control Posts doesn't give any effect and Safe Port only increases trade. Maybe they give effect but then 'show settlement details' window doesn't show it. And it looks that not in all settlements situation is not the same. I also started campaign as France and France in the beginning of campaign had this 'no effect' problem only with Execution Places and only in two its most western settlements.
    Well, sorry for not replying, but the ctd issue has priority.

To answer you regarding the points you mentioned:
    - Different factions/regions have different properties, there are always core regions like the capital andthelike which have certain boni compared to the merely "provincial" regions, and especially non-home-regions have disadvantages.
    - For example the Romans have a bunch of penalties outside their "home-regions" to stop the Byz AI steamrolling over the map as for their strategical position on the map, superior cashflow and capable army.
    - But this concerns also other certain factions.
    - Certain penalties/boni change with the settlement-tiers and buildings you have, as well traits (character properties) and ancillaries (retinues, titles) have a huge influence, take care on your characters.

A tip: If you put a building into the constr.-panel, then you can see the effects in the settlem. details, so you can have a preview, and can decide if you want to build it or not. But every building has its purpose, latest with upgrades, it makes always a sense to develop the settlements. A very clear example: the Martial Law gives a lot Law bonus (should only be built if urgently needed), but decreases significantly a lot other important boni.

This mod is finetuned balancing work (mainly in regard of possible AI behavior ... edit: and a lot global-historical balance recognition).

Hope this info helps you.

Of course the player has a harder life with Chivalry as with other mods
    ... the philosophy of the Chiv mod is not to win the game in 30-50 years, although the win-conditions aren't 50 regions andthelike dumb thingsas in vanilla, mainly far below 35 regions, but i hope you'll sweat to get the goal

If you don't like the special challenge, then you would need modding-knowledge, then you can quite easily change things to your liking (but in this case we can't give suppport, as we can only make a senseful support if users play the original released mod, or of course possible are simple uncritic custom-changes, that have no potencial for any trouble, then no problem to help also for such custom things, given, if somebody of the little team has the time).
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 18, 2008 at 06:30 AM.

Tiro

So if i understood right, if in a building description is written that it, for example, increases +5% tax assess, but when you build it money from taxes doesn't increase, it's normal, yes?
    Btw, in Raška income from mining is +1500 when you build gold and silver mines, but in description is written +1000.

Patrician Artifex

If you mean with normal = no bug, then right. Only Constantinople has no tax boni reduction for Byz. If you construct though all the available tax boni income buildings, then you'll get also there (penalized regions) tax boni ... just later.
    In the whole 5 factions have tax boni reductions as for above described reasons.

The mine income thing, i don't know, will check it soon (might be a RTW bug, as it is known, that RTW has bugged the gold/silver mine income in a certain way). But it also can be a trait/anc, that increase the mine income.

Attached is an updated edct (traits file for the Chiv/data folder), very fresh done after the above described playtest, so a chance is there for an improvement vs. the camp crash. Zomb and anybody, if you try it, you need to start a new campaign, otherwise it won't have the full update-effect.
    Still got the crash during the Seljuks turn
    Damn, I really want to play a game beyond 30 years or so. For me CTW is not only the best TW mod but the best TW GAME out there. And this version COULD be the best CTW version so far.
    If there is anything I can do to help solving this issue just tell me
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Zomb, simply join the team, you don't have to do something if you haven't the time, but you can then test a bit more targened within the time you spend anyway with Chiv

Zomb, simply join the team, you don't have to do something if you haven't the time, but you can then test a bit more targened within the time you spend anyway with Chiv
    Ok, PM sent

Btw. I think Ive found one, maybe two minor glitches:

Grafik Bug

Rum Seljuks banner under the fog of war looks like the one of the Grand Seljuks.

Building Bug

The spear & swordmaker provides two recruitment options for saracen spearmen: one with 1 exp, and one with 2, but the armoury provides only spearmen with 1 exp

The armoury in Jerusalem has double listed Sarcen Infantrie and Saracen Spearmen
    -Wittgenstein

Patrician Artifex

Yes, but those things won't be a real problem (just due to hidden_recources).

But i guess i solved the camp ctd finally
    New uploaded (release thread): Update + fix 0.98.02

Tiro

Here is screen how does Italian and Sicilian Levy Infantrymen look like (picture in description) when I look enemy army's and unit's details (I play as Roman Empire):

I don't know if it should be so, but Hippeis and Hetaireia have the same unit cards.

Btw, I have a CTD in year 1087 w, but I have not applied the new hotfix yet, so don't know if this ctd will be of interest for you. If you need a save game just say. It looks like that ctd happens in Moors turn.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Hi Zydrius,
    first of all thanx for your report. This is always very helpfull and very welcome!

Anyway: those items you mentioned are known. Esp. the things with Unitcards and the UI_infos (the big picture of the soldier). That what you play now is our internal beta ;-)
    We have those "black farmer" symbols in nearly all factions, Romans as well as Muslim factions and HRE and so on...
    we are working on it
    best regards PM