Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 2] Chivalry I : Bug Reports (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Bug/Ctd Reports 0.9x (+ known issues) - Read First Post!

I haven't seen this as yet :hmmm:
    We will see if this needs to be adressed while the settlements get their workover.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hello everyone, i downloaded your mod today , it seems awesome , i didnt have a single crash yet, i just have one problem , everytime i switch the automanager on , all the Inn&Tavern buildings in the realm vanish and the AI goes into a loop building them over and over , can you guys help me?BTW , i tested it with Bohemia and Aragon.

Patrician Artifex

I personally can't help you as this issue is unknown due to the fact, that we have never tested the mod-development with automanager applied.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Version: Chiv 0.96 with character conversion and religious unrest quickfixes
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Faction/s: Byzantine Empire, Denmark (I suspect it may happen to other factions too)
    -----------

Campaign Mode: When a unit is trained in a provincial inn, the provincial inn vanishes from the settlement (and the unit is not trained)
    ----------------------
    - Ctd: No
    - Ctd repeatable: n/a
    - Units: Any from provincial inn
    - Location and kind of Battle: n/a
    - Year/Season w or s (winter or summer): Any
    - Saved game used: No - fresh campaign start
    - Script enabled: automatic script enabled

Other bugs: No

Patrician Artifex

I have read soemthing like that already in the past, i believe. But, that never happened in any of our internal tests, nor did it happen to other players often, otherwise we would have a lot of those messages ... i have no clue whyt his happens to you, and eventually to a few others. Sorry, can't help in this issue, i'm afraid.

However, as we are providing currently a quite overhauled mod, we will look for this of course.

Btw., i hope your installation is actually 100 % correct? You are using the chivalry modfolder in a vanilla RTW 1.5 directory, right?
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 13, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

That's right, yes. I have EB 1.0 installed alongside it in its own modfolder. That wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

Anyway, I'm looking ahead to Chivalry 1 myself, so no worries.

Patrician Artifex

I have Chiv only with FATW together in one RTW directory, and this gives no issues, that for sure. It might be, that EB has an impact, but actually not very probable.

Btw., if you have BI 1.6, then i suggest to check Chiv out with the BI exe.

Another thought is, that you could try the vanilla preferences as for the ui settings ...
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 13, 2008 at 08:17 AM.

Marcus Orentius's Avatar Tiro

Version: Chiv 0.96
    Exe: RTW-BI
    Faction: England

I right clicked on the first level of siege engineer available when it was available in London, and right clicked on the trebuchet and mangonel names to check out their descriptions. The game ctd'ed then. Note: I hadn't actually built the building yet. The descriptions for the units load fine once the building is built.

CTD: Yes
    CTD repeatable: Yes
    Units: trebuchet & mangonel in first level of siege engineer before building is built.
    Year/Season: Any
    Save game used: yes
    Script enabled, not sure, vanilla Chiv downloaded from filefront

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

@Marcus Orentius
    this problem is known. We try to fix this.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Orentius View Post
    Version: Chiv 0.96
    Exe: RTW-BI
    Faction: England

I right clicked on the first level of siege engineer available when it was available in London, and right clicked on the trebuchet and mangonel names to check out their descriptions. The game ctd'ed then. Note: I hadn't actually built the building yet. The descriptions for the units load fine once the building is built.

CTD: Yes
    CTD repeatable: Yes
    Units: trebuchet & mangonel in first level of siege engineer before building is built.
    Year/Season: Any
    Save game used: yes
    Script enabled, not sure, vanilla Chiv downloaded from filefront
    Hmmm, PM reported about this while he tested the game a while ago.

I wasn't able to replicate this issue. Not with a 0.96 version, nor with the current dev version.

Perhaps (that's what i told PM already), a few people get a corrupted text file. It is known to me, that a lot RTW text folder files can get corrupted with strange letters in the descr-text, and if these are in the { ... } commands, then the game ctd's instantly, if the concerned file-code is touched in-game.

I'll put the 0.96 export_buildings.txt file into the first post, i explicite checked the concerning parts of the file. If you install this, put the file into the
    chivalry/data/text folder.

Version 0.96 + hotfix character belief + hotfix export_descr._biuldings
    exe bi 1.6
    faction hre

custom battle yes
    ctd no
    units: teutonic foot nights
    teutonic mounted seargents
    theres a graphic problem with the teutonic forder foot nights, the landscape is visible throug their mantle between their legs, and the seam in texture wrapping seems to be wider than at other units.
    Is there a possibility to fix it?
    An other thing i want to mention is that the upper part of the croos on the shield of the teutonic mounted seargents is missing.

And by the way woulnt it be better to let the siege machines be stationary like in old medieval? So it could only be usefull in sieges.

Patrician Artifex

theres a graphic problem with the teutonic forder foot nights, the landscape is visible throug their mantle between their legs, and the seam in texture wrapping seems to be wider than at other units.
    Is there a possibility to fix it?
    ... probable because if i remember correct the unit has no proper sprite. Perhaps there will be better and complete sprites in future for different units, but i can't promise this.

An other thing i want to mention is that the upper part of the croos on the shield of the teutonic mounted seargents is missing.
    Not exactly sure, but as far as i can remember this is no bug, it is just a little graphic issue (or taste thing) at the shield that could be improved.

The third wish isn't possible with the Rome engine (at my knowledge at least).

General_Zavier's Avatar Civis

Version: 0.96
    Exe: RTW 1.5
    Problem: Upon clicking on shortcut to open the mod, I get this error message:
    "Generic Error: Cannot read 'data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt'"
    After this, it CTDs. Any advice? I tried copying and pasting that file of the same name from vanilla RTW, but the same error came up.

Its really weird because I installed this same mod five or so months ago, (I had to uninstall because I needed computer space) and I didn't have any problems. Any idea of what I should do?
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    No matter how hard you try, you cannot outwit stupid people.
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR
    WRE Migration Campaign AAR
    The Official RTW Screenshot Competition.

Patrician Artifex

And you can start RTW 1.5 vanilla as usual? And other mods based on RTW 1.5? With shortcut you mean Chiv's shortcut? Is the shortcut path correct?

This error message most likely indicates an installation mistake, and won't have to do with Chiv files. Also the addition of vanilla files makes no sense.

If you have checked the proper working RTW 1.5, then just remove the Chiv folder manually, and then re-install Chiv, is my advice.

I tried uninstalling and redownloading (from the other link) and reinstalling but it still has the same error. Might it be because I copied my Rome - Total War folder and renamed the copy Chivalry - Total War? (I don't like mod files in the same folder as my vanilla RTW ones because I had a bad experience with Rome Medieval where somehow some files got mixed and in my Vanilla RTW game everything on the campaign map (terrain, family members, faction flags, etc) was different.

Is it possible that its because I'm using the Eras pack? Last time when it installed and worked fine I was using the Gold Edition... I checked and i have the 1.5/1.6 patches... any ideas? Need clarification of any of that? (I know its kinda confusing)
    The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ~Niels Bohr
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR

Patrician Artifex

If you wanna avoid any issues that you are describing above, and you have made sure that your RTW1.5/BI1.6 is vanilla (not modified, means also plays fine), then there is no reason to not install Chivalry into this RTW directory, along the given instructions. Once more: Chivalry doesn't change any RTW/BI vanilla files, as it comes completely with its own folder, and you start Chiv with its own shortcut.

We can't be a good help, if you don't really believe in the install descriptions and instructions (afaik, RomeMedieval isn't using a modfolder, so you can't compare the installations).

And btw., it's not confusing for me, as those problems appear often with users who are using mods, and especially always then, if the user doesn't install in the default or standard recommend way, and is trying any tricks.

Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled my entire RTW game, and then installed Chivalry TW into the correct folder, following all the instructions, but the same error message still pops up.

Any advice? (I hope I'm not being annoying, but this is really starting to frustrate me)
    ~Anonymous

Romano British AAR
    End of Days AAR

Patrician Artifex

The only advice i can give in this case is that you show screenshots of your directory where the path and everything is viewable.

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Got my first CTD with chivalry.A success huh? :laughing:

Well, It seems that the last level of port buildings(settlement something, sorry can't remember) is buggy, namely when It got to the last turn of building time it crashed.This happened in Constantinopole.But I think that is because you did something with that city, I don't know what, but it seems that the port and the city overlap.....

Also there is a problem with szekley, cuman and some other horse archer models(the ones with a pointy hat).It seems their arms are.... broken?The game works, only thing is that they look weird, and it annoys me

Patrician Artifex

We'll look into this.