Thread: Asian Champions League?

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Default Asian Champions League?

Well I don't know if anyone watches the Asian Champions League football, but in watching the Sydney FC vs. Shanghai match (yes, Australia is placed in Asia now ) I just saw some of the most disgusting and unsportsmanlike behaviour from the Shanghai players, who in some instances fell to the ground in agony without even touching the Sydney players, not once but several times and the most spineless refereeing from a guy who would give them fouls for falling to the ground at all and once stopped play in the middle of a Sydney counter-attack because a Shanghai player went down in backplay.

Ugh, this kind of crappy play and refereeing irritates me to no end.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Default Re: Asian Champions League?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
    Well I don't know if anyone watches the Asian Champions League football, but in watching the Sydney FC vs. Shanghai match (yes, Australia is placed in Asia now ) I just saw some of the most disgusting and unsportsmanlike behaviour from the Shanghai players, who in some instances fell to the ground in agony without even touching the Sydney players, not once but several times and the most spineless refereeing from a guy who would give them fouls for falling to the ground at all and once stopped play in the middle of a Sydney counter-attack because a Shanghai player went down in backplay.

Thats called Italian style of football bro . I personally think all football players around the world should follow the English way of physical football, instead of the sissy Italian football.
    Last edited by jankren; May 11, 2007 at 01:38 AM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post

Scorch, the Shanghainese have a great tradition for producing stage operas and the guys from Sydney were unfortunate spectators As for the referee.....umm...stage bouncers?

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

So the Asian Champions League does stir up some controversy. I thought the Asian fans would be utterly furious with the ACL after they forced venues not to let Man U play just before the ACL semi-finals ...
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Loverlord View Post
    So the Asian Champions League does stir up some controversy. I thought the Asian fans would be utterly furious with the ACL after they forced venues not to let Man U play just before the ACL semi-finals ...
    Those bureaucrats are simply narrow minded, not the fans. Should someone start a thread of protest, I'm sure the support will be enormus.

COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Red View Post
    Scorch, the Shanghainese have a great tradition for producing stage operas and the guys from Sydney were unfortunate spectators As for the referee.....umm...stage bouncers?
    The stretcher was brought on no less than 8 times during the match, three times for one person.

Every time the person stretchered off got right off the stretcher and ran on the field.

Ugh.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

That's surprising since I would of thought with them being Chinese they would of played with more honour and sportsmanship.

The Shanhainese players must of been watching some Italian Serie A matches and decided to copy them

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post
    That's surprising since I would of thought with them being Chinese they would of played with more honour and sportsmanship.

The Shanhainese players must of been watching some Italian Serie A matches and decided to copy them
    Well I think the manager was Italian, and even he disowned the amount of diving in the match.

I'll see if I can find a youtube video with some of the match.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post

When antics are concern, the Shanhainese made the Italians looked angelic. My regular encounter with the Chinese revealed two extreme attitudes....those that are sincerely honest, helpful and honour their jobs even if they are of low social status and those that are greedy, arrogant, dishonest and status chasing whores. So, I believed those players fall under the latter category.

COURTESY OF LORD RAHL