Thread: money system and building overhaul?

Default money system and building overhaul?

Hey tornight great mod. I was wondering if you ever thoguht of making the money system more expansive. The problem ive had since shogun is the economy is so simple. Here are few ideas just to throw out there.
    Is there anyway that you can make so you can borrow from bankers or money leanders in hard times at interest. Maybe be given very random option to fund expeditions to the far east or whatever that can be expensive but might get you a very special trade route or resource only your faction can exploit (I know you might say merchants can do that but I mean Real Expensive and Very massive rewards). Maybe even the possiblilty of lending money from your own country's coffers to an ally at interest could make the game more fun. Another idea is that you could perhaps be given a option with a very good spy in a area with low loyalty to incite a rebellion and finance it with your money in an enemy country (bigger amount of money meaning better and more troops).

Also I have seen other mods which include wonders of the world and "super buildings" which give big unit or economy upgrades (like guilds but whoever builds it first gets the only one). I think they would really add to the game. Anyways these are just ideas. Your mod already seems really ambitious which is really commendable. In my opinion your mod is the best so far. Keep up the good work.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: money system and building overhaul?

I can add quest type features but I haven't started doing things like that yet. Sometime down the 'long' road.

Special Buildings are definitely an idea floated around. I'm not quite certain how I'd make them limited to only 1 though.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification