Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Faction is best to play in SS Mod Except Templer Knights

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Which Faction is best to play in SS Mod Except Templer Knights

hi did anyone finds good play in any faction after the patch of 1.2 and also SS Patch if anyone did please suggest because iam confuse... (Because all factions are look awesome with new mercenaries)

by the way king hong how come knights templer dont have (templer knights mounted)

Default Re: Which Faction is best to play in SS Mod Except Templer Knights

i think spain end england are great, because of there strategic places(and of course of their units)..
    i like to build an "fully builded tech tree-empire" on my isle (england+scotland+ireland) or on spain(portugal killed) and then when the time has come (gunpowder event is neer..) or the and the other nations are strong enough invade every country after another, and the battles can begin
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

I like the russians alot, at the moment in my campaign im at a gripping war with poland. Unfortunatly poland is much more powerful than me and i only barely have enough manpower to breach through the polish belt. However my newly recruited dvor army will hopefully crush the polish. Defeated an entire polish army of knights with nothign but dvors and woodsmen for support. This mod is excellent since it actually makes it challenging to play the campaign.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

I like the English, as it's fun uniting the British isles and you can have some great wars and battles providing the Scot's are powerful enough. Then once you've got the British Isles, you feel accomplished and ready to take on France in Europe. As you've got Caen and probably Rennes and/or Bruges, it's a war on alot of fronts, and France usually put up quite a fight. Fortunately I've got a full-star assassin who's knocking off their family members at quite a rate

Loving my Spainish campaign. Might play as Russians next or Byzantine.

I'm playing as the Holy Roman Empire in a campaign right now. I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's pretty difficult.

I've got Venice to my right, France to my left, and Denmark up north. They're all 3 in a very strong alliance. As such, it's hard as hell trying to get anything done, because whenever I attack france, Denmark and Venice attack me. And vice-versa.

I've already got about half of France taken over though. I could have taken all of it, but the Pope was going crazy and threatening to excommunicate me, etc.

I just lost Stettin because of the stupid timer control thing. So lame.
    My plan is to take Stettin back, and then lauch an invasion into Sweden and take Stockholm. Next, move west to Oslo and take it and try to sandwich out the Danes.

Quote Originally Posted by OneArmedScissor View Post
    I'm playing as the Holy Roman Empire in a campaign right now. I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's pretty difficult.

I've got Venice to my right, France to my left, and Denmark up north. They're all 3 in a very strong alliance. As such, it's hard as hell trying to get anything done, because whenever I attack france, Denmark and Venice attack me. And vice-versa.

I've already got about half of France taken over though. I could have taken all of it, but the Pope was going crazy and threatening to excommunicate me, etc.

I just lost Stettin because of the stupid timer control thing. So lame.
    My plan is to take Stettin back, and then lauch an invasion into Sweden and take Stockholm. Next, move west to Oslo and take it and try to sandwich out the Danes.
    this one happend to me before venetian bast** took out my beutifull city vienna when i least expect it and oviously i got frestrated and close the campaign on the other hand those Milan's pavise crossbowmen man
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; May 14, 2007 at 08:24 PM.

I recommend you play templar knights VH/VH

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    hi did anyone finds good play in any faction after the patch of 1.2 and also SS Patch if anyone did please suggest because iam confuse... (Because all factions are look awesome with new mercenaries)

by the way king hong how come knights templer dont have (templer knights mounted)
    By playing the Knights Templar, I'd already played other factions because they have units belonging to most Catholic Factions. The Swiss Pikemen against the Janissary Heavies is a sight to behold.
    BTW, mounted templar knights are available in citadels with higher level of stable.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

easy, English, HRE, and Byzantium.. best factions to play and probably the easiest.. other than templar

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Byzantines are fun cause of the challenge . Though they have there super HA which makes the late age bearable .

how come non of them mentioned turks i always love to play as turks specially janissary infantries
    did anyone tries to go to america with turks faction ?

I hate Milan. They're impossible to destroy. They just keep sending wave after wave of pavise crossbowmen and italian militia... full stack armies every time. I can't make any head way against them as the HRE.

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

If you like infantry, Denmark is a blast. If you like a good mix of units and a challenge, Byzantium is fun. England, of course, is England, and those longbows are a kick.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrin View Post
    If you like infantry, Denmark is a blast. If you like a good mix of units and a challenge, Byzantium is fun. England, of course, is England, and those longbows are a kick.
    I agree; you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when your yeomen scythe down half their force before the melee even begins.

I like playing as scotland its good to be the under dog for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel Ezekiel View Post
    I like playing as scotland its good to be the under dog for a change
    For a change? Underdog is always the way! Probably the reason why I never play as someone like France or England, just way too easy. HRE is quite challenging though,

The HRE is fun to play. They have a difficult position, and diplomacy is important. They also have the best late-game units (and by best, I of course mean coolest) Zweihanders for the win!
    "Son of a submariner!"

"Ahem. There's SAND on my boots"

"This is sickening! You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!Prepare yourselves!"

Mike you said, easy, HRE. When I played HRE that was one of the hardest campaigns since you are almost constantly under attack (or at least I was), HRE does have some pretty good units though. I started another campaign the other day as England (I like archer ;P) and I am in like the year 1200 or so and I am starting to think Scotlan is slowy conquering the Danes. Scotlands diplomat offered me trade rights money and map access. I look up and see that Scotlan has taken over 3 provinces in the Danish area. Scotland probably got mad because I made it my sole objecetive to get the isles before they could (they got 2 or 3 provinces I think ).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrin View Post
    not quite and iam not aggreeeing with you because for infantry Venice is the dominant one second is late French, late turks(janissary)
    because venetian heavy infantry with venetian archers undefeatable
    the kicked out denis infantry men)

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast