Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome all, to the TWC University

Default Welcome all, to the TWC University

Indeed, welcome to TWC's very own place of academia, designed and established to help the communities grow and prosper.

You will find here, that we are endeavouring to create a place where experienced and talented members of the the TWC community will lend a hand to those willing to learn.
    Why teach? You are giving the community an opportunity to grow and prosper by sharing your talents and skills, expanding pools of knowledge and capability (if you are a modder) to draw upon.
    Why enrol as a student? You are getting the chance to take courses with more experienced modders, read their lectures, but more importantly, get vital feedback on assignments and ask questions in the classroom forums, helping you improve and grow!

The faculty of modding is the first faculty to open its doors to the public and shall feature classes intended to help aspiring fans learn the ropes and basics helping them start modding.

Classes are not yet open, but we are actively recruiting professors! stay tuned for further updates! When they do open, a new thread will be posted, calling for registration. Classes will not be limitless, so registration will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
    Last edited by gigagaia; May 07, 2007 at 11:35 PM.
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Welcome all, to the TWC University

That's a damn good idea ... my congrats
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

this is amazing!!!!!

never before has any forum come this far beyond the usual how do I beat the ____threads.........now we are becoming an educational institution!!!!

GROUNDBREAKING!!!

in the future i would be happy to enlist as a Byzantine historian or an Orthodox historian!

KUDOS TO TOTAL WAR CENTER!!!!!!!

BYZANTIUM WILL LIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Rhetoric is the art of controlling the minds of men"
    Plato

Very good idea, I will be sure to join a class or even, become a professor if time allows. At last, homework that might be fun

RM3
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Same here, I very much like this new idea, and will be sure to suck all the classes dry whether or not I actually join them, oh and then maybe add something later once I figure out if I'm actually good at anything.

Graf von Watts's Avatar Laetus

I believe this will be very useful. I would definately like to learn more about adding factions, and perhaps be an historian for the Austrians if my time alows.

Default Re: Become a TWC University Professor

University !!! do you think it's necessary ???
    Let we see how it will work !!!

Student "Professor, how do we add units ???"
    Professor "you, you haven't done your homework, Open your book at page 7"

We have a great panoply of tutorials so easy that my young sister can
    understand, and if a grand problem encounrered, beginners can ask directly
    experienced developpers.
    What's wrong with our Workshops ?
    What's wrong with our Modder's Classified Ads?

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

He has a point here...

But let's give the University a chance
    Btw, that's the reason why I suggest we teach more than just modding here
    - What can change the nature of a man?

More than modding = not now. It has already been explained that if we try to bite off to much, we'll end up choking on it. Perhaps in the future, but not now.

And Hamilcar, the entire premise of the University is to 1) Generate a more personal (and therefore helpful) relationship between teacher and learner 2) Create tutorials out of the classroom transcripts, which are then put into those workshops you mention 3) Reach a larger number of people. Think about it this way: Is it better for someone to give a weak explanation (bc they're tired from being asked) 10 times to 10 different people, or one well thought out, good explanation to 10 people at once?

I understand your concerns, but ultimately I think you are missing the reasoning behind the University as a more efficient and effective learning tool.

I'm glad this is finally getting off the ground, I hope and think it will flourish.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Best of luck!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It's good to see the TWC University up and running. I hope it works well as intended.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Can i just ask if you guys can tell us who is has been accepted to teach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

Maybe no one till now?
    Be a little patient
    - What can change the nature of a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    Can i just ask if you guys can tell us who is has been accepted to teach.
    If you check the list of courses in the forum, it lists the upcoming classes and professors.
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

Will every (registered member?) be able to see the instructions and download the material? I just thought that it'd be good if everyone could access the stuff in the classes, while some few are actually the pupils receiving guidance in the subject.

kshcshbash's Avatar My Good Sir CNSW
    Civitate

Arakorn-eir, I believe so.

I will be operating my class on that basis.
    Simetrical's homeboy, yo.
    You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more.

It sure isn't important (like me), but what about calling it the "Faculty of Moddin' Arts"?

(Sounds better than it reads, of course.)

shadowkhan's Avatar Laetus

Congrats to the twc university, it's a brilliant idea.

and apart from that I'd like to say i was amazed by the twcenter in every aspect. I've been a TW-addict since shogun and I must sayIhave never seen any gaming community or forum this well organized. Another benefit is the lack of ********, wich is mostly overwhelming on other sites.

Hope to see the University prosper,
    Keep up the good work.

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

This the best of the forums and this is the reason why i became a member, excellent idea!!!
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast