Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

EDIT

accidental post

hi
    i have RTW gold edition ( with BI )
    friend mine told me i cannot play EB cause i have BI installed this is tru ?
    ty

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

That is not true.
    Even with BI installed, EB works perfectly fine.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

first of all why greeks dont have a reform. then there should me legionere reform for arche seleckia and it would work like Cataphract reform
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

What kind of reform would you expect. As for a legionnaire reform for Arche Seleukeia, that is a largely debunked theory, as close-order troops with large shields and javelins were the order of the day back then. Note Thureophoroi and their more heavily armoured variants. The romans didn't invent this form of warfare, but tended to use their own designations to describe foriegn armies where similarities existed. The only nation that did have imitation legionnaires is Numidia, who were specifically trained by a roman general. Pontos and Armenia probably developed their own "imitation legionnaires" based on Hellenic military traditions, not Roman ones.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

some new units for greece .also why there are not hoplites with tne corinthian helmet .a building who is for native soming like barracks what is its purpose
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

What new units? We do have the Greeks developing their own phalangitai. The Corinthian Helmet was no longer used in our time-period, newer forms of helmet, such as the pilos, thracian, phyrgian and boetian were the order of the day. Native Barracks are for the recruitment of native units, as opposed to factional units. These only work outside of the homeland areas.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    What new units? We do have the Greeks developing their own phalangitai. The Corinthian Helmet was no longer used in our time-period, newer forms of helmet, such as the pilos, thracian, phyrgian and boetian were the order of the day. Native Barracks are for the recruitment of native units, as opposed to factional units. These only work outside of the homeland areas.

Foot
    thanks what about citehoplites because most city states had their own hoplite units
    Robert E. Howard

Well that could be said of anywhere and most units, but we can't go around making a different hoplitai unit for each city-state. There is a limit on the number of total units we can have in the game, and we prefer not to waste them copying the same unit over and over again.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

there issomething that i dont like can i remove the green arrows when you select a unit
    Robert E. Howard

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    there issomething that i dont like can i remove the green arrows when you select a unit
    That would be in the /EB/preferences/preferences.txt.

When can i get reforms? I am playing Romani and I'm in 230 BC

i saw a building in ALexandria the tomb of alexander if this was accurate then alexanders heirs would fought in order to take it there sould be a trait when you take alexantria
    Robert E. Howard

There was in fact a mission associated with that building where Seleukids or Makedons were tasked with the taking of Alexander's body back to Pella and the Royal Tombs of the Makedonian Kings. However the introduction of the Saba faction made this mission unworkable and it was scrapped.

All work has finished on EBI and we won't be adding any more features. EBII is taking all our manhours.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

ok i mean a trait about all greeks ( brave general you have taken the body of alexander ....)
    Robert E. Howard

Yes, I know what you mean, however we are no longer adding new stuff to EBI, which would include this trait.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuit View Post
    When can i get reforms? I am playing Romani and I'm in 230 BC
    All this is explained in the first post of this very thread.

hi !!!
    I would want to congratulate you for the grandiose job.
    I would also want to ask it exists you the possibility for the shield of wall for style hoplite combant.
    because the hoplite fight about a common infantery units.

thanks for all!

d

Quote Originally Posted by duccio View Post
    hi !!!
    I would want to congratulate you for the grandiose job.
    I would also want to ask it exists you the possibility for the shield of wall for style hoplite combant.
    because the hoplite fight about a common infantery units.

thanks for all!

d
    EB is designed to be played on the RTW engine, though it can be used on the BI engine or the Alexander engine. RTW does not support the Shieldwall special ability so we cannot use it, but if you use EB with the BI engine then you can mod the shieldwall ability in yourself.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

what are minimum HW reqiurements for this mod ???