Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

There is only one reform for Saka, however it requires a four year period to completely initiate, if that is what you mean...

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    There is only one reform for Saka, however it requires a four year period to completely initiate, if that is what you mean...
    It says in my cities "Becoming Indo-Saka".... Is the marker the final one or is there a "Became Indo-Saka"?

Campidoctor

If I wipe out the Roman before Marian reforms, can I still get the late body guard?

Citizen

The vanilla marian reforms only require a huge city in central Italia, it doesn't matter who builds it.

With Carthage: reform.. the faq says..

-At least year 235BC
    -Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)

In others words to build the latest regional military buildings in at least in FIVE cities from that list ?

Or

in Every one of those? :hmmm:

i hope is the first one ,or we will need to almost finish the game victory condition to get the reform.
    Last edited by Vann7; February 23, 2008 at 02:58 AM.

Citizen

L5 Regional MIC in five random cities, not all of them.

Cool thanks.. i have another question..

What are (OUTLYING REGION.. Alliance available ... this is a marker...)
    and Subjugation available ?

WHat are the diferences...?
    THe FAQ is not very clear about what it does.. or examples of its benefits... thanks.

Citizen

"Subjugation" and "Alliances Available" are the government 'resource' markers. They indicate what level of government you can build in that particular settlement.
    There should be a link in the FAQ to a government explaination...

I'm playing AS, and I'm trying to get the Cataphract reform, now this is really tiresome as I have to lose battles which is totally not my style .

But what I was wondering: what sort of battles? Can I for example send in a general and have him fight a huge stack of the Pahlava (including of course at least 1 cataphract), have him engage and subsequently lose (with autocalc?) and after I've done this with 2 generals that trait will come up? Or do I need to lose a battle with a big stack myself?

Srry, I find getting this reform confusing

Thx, GV
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Citizen

You should be able to get the trait with autocalc, if the conditions are met. Make sure that the enemy have a lot of cavalry an army with all infantry and one cataphract won't do.

edit: delete this, question anwsered-
    Last edited by Valerius Tiberius; March 30, 2008 at 01:26 PM.
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

for the persian reforms is that in reference to pahlava? and does that basically mean i have to take over the entire arche selukia and baktria before i get any sort of reform?

Citizen

The "Persian Reforms" are for Hayasdan.
    Pahlav doesn't really have a reform. They just have a "reformed" government type, which is a non-nomadic government type they can build in Persia and is available from the start.

Campidoctor

What is the difference between "Parthian Cataphracts" and "Parthian Noble Cataphracts"?

The "Parthian Cataphracts" come later than the "Parthian Noble Cataphract" and cost slightly less but have the same stats?

Marcus could you elaborate more on how the Pahlava reforms work? like i'm still not able to build a proper barracks for horse archers or anything..all i'm getting is borderline crap persian spearman who can generally not stand against anything Arche Seleukia sends at me

Citizen

You have to build up the proper infrastucture before the Pahlav reform governments can be built. I don't recall exactly. Check the building tree that came with the download, I believe they'll tell you what you need.

building tree? how? where? all i got was the recruitment viewer and documentation stuff

oh and how do i get the goddamn parthian reform governments! i have to drag parthian archers from gabai all the way the seleukia because it isn't working!
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; April 13, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Citizen

The building trees are under "Rome - Total War/EB/documentation/JMRC building trees".

You need Royal Herds->Settled Aristocracy, pastoralism->reformed pastoralism->advanced settlement, and the provisional government before you can upgrade your town, I think...

Campidoctor

Vanilla Marians are also required for the Reformed Pahlava gvmt.

I have EB1.0 running at pretty much high everything with a screen resolution of 1600x950

My problem is that the unit cards and the building cards displayed on the campaign map are so pixelated to be unreadable.
    the buildings dialog in a settlement the same. though the unit recruitment dialog is fine.

I don't know where to post this. so i'm doing it here.