Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Delta Neilou is Alexandria. So that should work with a level 2 regional MIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Delta Neilou is Alexandria. So that should work with a level 2 regional MIC.
    no, it doesnt? i can train machimoi phalanx there and machimoi cavalry but not the ones with swords and javelins... wierd

Is the recruited governor only allowed to rule type IV governments? or can it govern the city that it was assigned to for life?
    [/U]

Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    no, it doesnt? i can train machimoi phalanx there and machimoi cavalry but not the ones with swords and javelins... wierd
    Those two need the factionel and not the regional MIC IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by jinandjuice View Post
    Is the recruited governor only allowed to rule type IV governments? or can it govern the city that it was assigned to for life?
    When he has the "allied ruler" trait he can only govern Type IV's.

I don't know for sure about other recruited generals.

When he has the "allied ruler" trait he can only govern Type IV's.

I don't know for sure about other recruited generals.
    Are you saying that only family members can govern non-type IV's or is there a way to get rid of the allied ruler trait?
    [/U]

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

If you leave a recruited general in a Type4 town, he'll get the client ruler trait and cannot loose it. If you move him out quickly, he shouldn't get the trait and will be able to be used as any regular general/governor. Just don't have him spend time in a Type4 on accident.

Those two need the factionel and not the regional MIC IIRC.
    oki, so after i upgraded the regional twice i will get them? because the 1st upgrade gives nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    oki, so after i upgraded the regional twice i will get them? because the 1st upgrade gives nothing?
    Level 1 regional MIC gives nothing
    Level 2 regional MIC gives Machimoi

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    If you leave a recruited general in a Type4 town, he'll get the client ruler trait and cannot loose it. If you move him out quickly, he shouldn't get the trait and will be able to be used as any regular general/governor. Just don't have him spend time in a Type4 on accident.
    What do you mean exactly by moving him out? out onto the field or another city? If I move him into a different city immediately, he will gain the client ruler the next turn, and on the turn after that will become an interloper.
    [/U]

You are using EB 1.2, are you? (= Client rulers aren't spawned by the script.)

Move him out of the city when he is recruited and let him get the trait that says he is a recruited general.
    After that you can use him just like an FM.

"What do you mean exactly by moving him out?"

You just need to move him out of the type 4 city on the turn after recruitment - You can move him anywhere except another type 4. Onto the field right next to the city is fine and he will become an allied general rather than a Gov.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Alright thx guys, I think I got it.
    Now I got another question. There seems to be no sound effect when Scorpion bolts land or hit. Is this intentional?
    [/U]

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Q: Considering the breadth of the mod, is EB going to produce a detailed (more akin to a manual than a readme) supporting text document?
    A: EB is in the process of creating a detailed manual.
    Is this right? Have you finished a detailed manual for EB?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    Is this right? Have you finished a detailed manual for EB?
    Ah, that's an old question and answer. There have been at least a dozen attempts to make a manual by both the team and fans. I think all efforts stalled some time back. I believe there is work going into a EBII manual, though...

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey, I've had problems downloading EB. Each time I try to open the installer, it releases what I believe to be a virus into my comp that creates multiple copies of the program, overloading the computer and sometimes causing a crash. Is there a version I can download that is certain to be 'clean'?
    Last edited by Companion Cavalry; May 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

For some reason, none of my generals are capable of causing the Marian Reform. I need more command points. But whenever I send my generals to fight, they get traits that reduce those triats. I have one in mind that would be a 3 star command if he didn't have the BattleWeary trait. How do I remove it? As in which .....cheat do I use. And please give me an example. Also, if that doesn't work, can you give me the code so I can improve the commad stars of other generals who are almost qualified?
    Worst part of trying to express a point is when someone says what you said better and gets praised.

hello people, i dont kown if this was already talk abouted, but the historical battle of magnesia as no description, and when i try it it give me a ctd. Now i dont konw if the ctd was random becouse i didnt try again, still just to report it. in case no one remember it to report it.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

A very simple, basic question that is never answered as I spent the last 30 minutes in this forum:

Is EB foldered or not?

i.e. does It erases vanilla files or are the files contained in a "EB" folder under the main RTW folder?
    I'd like to know before installing EB 1.2 as I also play other foldered mods like ROP or IBFD. I'm also surprised that this basic question isn't answered in the extremely long & detailed "installation guide". Just a friendly remark you should have thought that It wasn't obvious.

yes. totally modfoldered.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou View Post
    yes. totally modfoldered.
    Excellent!

Please highlight that crucial info on the Install guide/thread for other viewers.