Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for 4.0

Default Re: Suggestions for 4.0

I put this in the general suggestion thread but I'll also mention it here:

Great mod, my fav, play it all the time.

But one suggestion . . .

No offense to those that did work on the Byzant units in this mod, but the Byzant reskins in the "One Faction At a Time Mod" are by far the best. They make me actually want to play them now. Anyway you can pull those reskins in. They really are fantastic!

Thanks, and again, great mod you've done.

Small request; can you make turkopoles retrainable? Its a hastle having tons of 10 horse unit turkopoles all with silver stars and now way to retrain em. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifman View Post

No offense to those that did work on the Byzant units in this mod, but the Byzant reskins in the "One Faction At a Time Mod" are by far the best. They make me actually want to play them now. Anyway you can pull those reskins in. They really are fantastic!

Yeah, and we really need some new skins for the Turks/Egypt/Moors.

But one suggestion . . .

Ooops, double post, apologies.

I agree with this one! Perhaps you should put those skins. The "concept" that "one faction at a time" really does being the maximum efficiency concerning several factors.

Another suggestion, could you add more titles for the family members? Along with dukes and Marshals etc, you could also put Count, Grand Duke, etc. It could amke things both more realistic and more diverse.

By the way, concerning "that settlement", could you put it as moorish rebel in the beginning of the game, mainly because of gameplay, although some relative accuracy does exist in this suggestion.
    Last edited by numerosdecimus; May 28, 2007 at 09:53 AM.

KK, please don't modify your units like UAI. I ABSOLUTELY HATE how they halved attacks, halved the defenses, and doubled charges. Please do not do that!

But one suggestion . . .

just to those of you that hasn't seen it
    http://twcenter.net/forums/showthrea...+At+a+Time+Mod
    btw, i think king kong already seen it, i saw him replied in that post
    Last edited by Mike13531; May 29, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by htothehh View Post
    KK, please don't modify your units like UAI. I ABSOLUTELY HATE how they halved attacks, halved the defenses, and doubled charges. Please do not do that!
    AFAIK he was only talking about trying the campaign AI and diplomacy, not the battle mechanics of Ultimate AI. BTW the EDU file is an optional feature in my mod. So no need to worry.

There is also no point in every mod making the same changes.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Hi all, Hi KK,

As I said in a recent post in another thread, would it finally be possible, aside from having 30 factions on the map, to have in Stainless Steel :
    - A campaign AI as smart as UAI 1.5 ?
    - A battle AI as clever as Darthmod 1.3 ?
    - Textures as nice as Burrek's ?
    - A map of 150/160 provinces ?

I think it's the dream of every player to struggle for his life not only on the campaign map but also on the battlefield (Vanilla AI simply too stupid to be challenging (passive AI, always, even on 1.2, waiting to be destroyed under siege weapons fire, poor attack plan when siegeing, etc.)). And, obviously, it's a real pleasure to watch detailed troops with marvelous textures (eventuelly becoming blood red as the battle goes on...)

Am I dreaming or could it come true ?

Thx for all your work.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    AFAIK he was only talking about trying the campaign AI and diplomacy, not the battle mechanics of Ultimate AI. BTW the EDU file is an optional feature in my mod. So no need to worry.

There is also no point in every mod making the same changes.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Oh alright, I guess I misinterpreted it...

lol, i sort of agree with fixing stats?? cause the way we look at it, there really seem to be not that much of a difference between elite units and peasants >..>, 9 attack for peasants not even with proper weapon.. and what was it, 21 with varangian guard? let's see, one without training, one well trained. One equiped with proper everything, and one with a freakin pickaxe... the difference is only 12, and varangian guard has the strongest attack in the entire game. So that part, its pretty unrealistic

I dont know if these changes are in Real Combat, or if thats even going to be incorporated, but the following minor unit tweaks would be nice to see

2handed units have their animation changed to the slighly faster varangian guard animation to compensate for the shield bug being fixed.

pike units have their 2nd weapon removed and the necessary changes to keep it balanced (stronger zweihanders?)

gunpowder units have their "fire_by_rank" attribute removed, or their rank density altered, or something (I'm not sure what is the best fix)

I dont know what the attitude in the modder community is about this, but I really like seeing collaborations; the best aspects of everyones work merged into one cohesive whole. It's a shame having to pick between features when the bulk of the work is already done.

Thanks for all the time and work youve invested in this king kong, and all contributers. It's really appreciated.

But one suggestion . . .

Ooops, double post, apologies.
    hey man, just so you know? You can just put it in your folder, as long you don't replace the battle models file, your good. the battle_model file is the one you can't open, it's in stainless steel/data/unit_models
    i tried it, it worked fine, but just to be sure, i suggest backing those files

xxax's Avatar Senator

I would like to see the Mongols/Timurids as a playable faction... I have played the Sicilian Vespers Late campaign with the Timurids and well... overpowered is one thing but these guys...

Very fun to play since you are the one everyone fears... I mean elephant's are GOD's! And an army composed of only HA, heavy cav and elephants will KILL any western knight army...

Just a thought...

Great mod though! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by xxax View Post
    I would like to see the Mongols/Timurids as a playable faction... I have played the Sicilian Vespers Late campaign with the Timurids and well... overpowered is one thing but these guys...

Very fun to play since you are the one everyone fears... I mean elephant's are GOD's! And an army composed of only HA, heavy cav and elephants will KILL any western knight army...

Just a thought...

Great mod though! Keep up the good work!
    that might be a problem , since the starting year also has to be altered. it'll look weird if you already had elephant cannon and the other factions are recruiting peasants. Plus , what about the mongols? do they show up after timirids or what? , just saying, those are the problem with creating that faction, depends on how KK handles it, maybe he'll figure out a way like he usually does or decide this is just too many things in there and not create it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    hey man, just so you know? You can just put it in your folder, as long you don't replace the battle models file, your good. the battle_model file is the one you can't open, it's in stainless steel/data/unit_models
    i tried it, it worked fine, but just to be sure, i suggest backing those files
    Ok, thanks for the info. I was a bit confused about that battle model file - it seemed at one time that wasn't needed, then he added it, I think for the captains and generals. I'll give it a try. Again, thanks.

lol, no problem, personally, I would just replace general and the peasants padding, es_mail and es_greek_greek_heavy, i don't recommand doing, you can. No bugs, but the thing is, white wolf's heavy infantry looks better. DG's spearmen, horses, attachments, and gerneral looks better. , but ya, just try it out yourself, you'll understand, like for dismounted latinkon? WhiteWolf's got that beautiful looking helmet, while in DG's skin, half of those helmet are replaced by either with face out, or some face sticking out, which does not look as good.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Hi KK!

Have you tried this mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88837

And would you be interested in cooperating with the mod-maker to put it into a future version of SS? :-)

Cheers, G75

Hi Grifman,

But one suggestion . . .

Good suggestion! and I have already asked DG for permission and he allowed me to use his skins.
    Maybe I will mix DG's skins with some of Whitewolfs, since he has made one or two skins that I like more than DG's...

Hi AdmiringTheEnemy,
    Small request; can you make turkopoles retrainable? Its a hastle having tons of 10 horse unit turkopoles all with silver stars and now way to retrain em. Thanks.
    Yes, I hope this will be possible in the next version...

Hi numerosdecimus,
    Another suggestion, could you add more titles for the family members? Along with dukes and Marshals etc, you could also put Count, Grand Duke, etc. It could amke things both more realistic and more diverse.

By the way, concerning "that settlement", could you put it as moorish rebel in the beginning of the game, mainly because of gameplay, although some relative accuracy does exist in this suggestion.
    Yes, I'll try to make the settlement titles a bit more interesting and I will add more different title bonuses and title names...
    And regarding "that" settlement, I could make it a moorish rebel settlement, but this would include that Portugal starts with only two regions...

Hi tekablok,
    Hi all, Hi KK,

As I said in a recent post in another thread, would it finally be possible, aside from having 30 factions on the map, to have in Stainless Steel :
    - A campaign AI as smart as UAI 1.5 ?
    - A battle AI as clever as Darthmod 1.3 ?
    - Textures as nice as Burrek's ?
    - A map of 150/160 provinces ?

I think it's the dream of every player to struggle for his life not only on the campaign map but also on the battlefield (Vanilla AI simply too stupid to be challenging (passive AI, always, even on 1.2, waiting to be destroyed under siege weapons fire, poor attack plan when siegeing, etc.)). And, obviously, it's a real pleasure to watch detailed troops with marvelous textures (eventuelly becoming blood red as the battle goes on...)

Am I dreaming or could it come true ?

Thx for all your work.

Regards
    When this is all you want that your dream of M2 comes true, then I'm pretty sure I can please you with the next version, since all your suggestions will be in 4.0...

Hi Pinko,
    I dont know if these changes are in Real Combat, or if thats even going to be incorporated, but the following minor unit tweaks would be nice to see

2handed units have their animation changed to the slighly faster varangian guard animation to compensate for the shield bug being fixed.

pike units have their 2nd weapon removed and the necessary changes to keep it balanced (stronger zweihanders?)

gunpowder units have their "fire_by_rank" attribute removed, or their rank density altered, or something (I'm not sure what is the best fix)
    Well, I'm still unsure if I'll implement RC, however especially 2-handers and halberdiers will be more balanced...
    I dont know what the attitude in the modder community is about this, but I really like seeing collaborations; the best aspects of everyones work merged into one cohesive whole. It's a shame having to pick between features when the bulk of the work is already done.
    I totally agree with you there!
    Actually we all could have made a mod better than RTR when the modding community would work together.
    I'm already trying to pick all good and reasonable stuff that modders made and implement it in my mod. Of course I will continue this in future versions, too...
    However, unfortuntely, some modders don't like it that their work will be implemented in other mods...

Hi xxax,
    Yes, I try to make at least the Mongols playable in the next version...
    But since I have to give them a starting settlement, I'm not sure how this will affect the game balance.
    However, I think I can get this work...

Hi Mike,
    lol, no problem, personally, I would just replace general and the peasants padding, es_mail and es_greek_greek_heavy, i don't recommand doing, you can. No bugs, but the thing is, white wolf's heavy infantry looks better. DG's spearmen, horses, attachments, and gerneral looks better. , but ya, just try it out yourself, you'll understand, like for dismounted latinkon? WhiteWolf's got that beautiful looking helmet, while in DG's skin, half of those helmet are replaced by either with face out, or some face sticking out, which does not look as good.
    Actually I agree with you there!
    Whitewolf has made one or two skins that I like more than DG's, so it's likely that I will mix some textures...

Hi Germanicus,
    Have you tried this mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88837

And would you be interested in cooperating with the mod-maker to put it into a future version of SS? :-)
    Well, I havn't tried this mod and also I don't know if I'll have time to do that..
    However, it looks quite good, but don't you think that it will overcrowd middle europe?

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Since you're taking suggestions, about about adding in Malta. That was an important island in the Middle Ages - its needs a castle or city. Again, great mod, thanks for listening.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast