Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance 3.0 - Project Plan

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Renaissance 3.0 - Project Plan

It is easy to get caught up in the real world every now and again and I am sure all here understand that perfectly well.It is good to see you active again

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    Hi everyone,
    sorry for my lack of activity (and notable presence) here; I'm busy with many things nowadays (Dutch seminaries, menacing exam-period, too many good video games, etc.). I'll try to be more active in the future, and do some modding on this precious project of us.
    Anyway, it's very good to know that a nice number of factions have had an info-boost, but sadly there are still quite a few without background (and, most importantly, a proper unit list for the era). These include...
    -The Crowns of Castile&Aragon
    -The Kingdom of Fez
    -The kngdom of Portugal
    -Mamluk Sultanate (though I think Boztorgai_Khan can handle this one).
    So, if anyone can work out at least a good unit list for them, please, apply for it.
    Also, to all researchers, please, check if your assigned faction si good to go or if you want to make some changes.
    I've made a thread some time ago, inquiring about the thing(s) to do in order to convert a mod to be 1.2-compatible, but have not received any response. Maybe I'll have to ask over at the Org.

Yep,

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

OK, so, I still don't play M2TW that much these days, but now it's a matter of patience- if everything goes according to plan, in this month I'll get a heavily upgraded computer, and I'd like to play this game then, when it will be even more pleasure. Anyway, work can go on even until then.
    My idea is, now that we have an admirable amount of information on the various factions, serious modding could commence (I mean, implementing new units and such, of course, only if the members capable of the work have time for this)... What do you think? Is this a good idea, or should we wait until 100% of the necessary info is compiled?

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Even though that seems a noble plan,to wait until we have 100% of the information we need,we must also take into consideration that this first release to the public will still be a beta state,so there will be time and chances to patch before we call it a finished project.

Yes, yes, that's normal, I just inquired about wether the team should get to modding what we have right now, or wait until all the factions have at least a complete unit roster.
    Or did you mean it as a suggestion that work should start now?

corey4045's Avatar Tiro

is this mod dead i liked the idea
    NEW FAMILY GUY EPISODE

The British Empire
    ''THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE''

No, this mod is only sleeping; I'll make a minor-but-notable update for it, so that it is even more enjoyable, but the REAL update, 3.0, will be far away... We need extra people on the artistic line.

@All developers
    I've made a thread in the Dev forum called "The Gathering"; please, come in and join in/start discussions. It'd be important so that we always know what we're doing next and so that we have a consensus about tasks at hand/anything.

Yeah, I guess I'm late to the game, but I've always liked the mods that came out for Medieval II. I didn't like Empire because it was kind of cumbersome to manage everything, and the map was simply huge, which slowed everything down and had a lot of down time moving around (with a bigger map, something like Europa Universalis seems more appropriate). I didn't buy kingdoms because it seemed like I had just bought the vanilla game, so I didn't feel like dishing out the money. All that said, I still like the vanilla M2TW because it is FAST and has better BATTLE graphics than Medieval I, although it is simply too dull.

Anyways, I have a few ideas that I've been thinking about but will probably never get done by myself. I like history and geography a lot, so if anything I could help with historical research. I liked the your Renaissance mod mainly because of the map:

I) Set the time period possibly from 1189-1648 with half year turns, basically from the third crusade and the fall of the crusader states to the thirty years' war. European history just seems to have sped up after the main crusades (1 through 3), and reached a head during the european religious wars. The renaissance was not until 100 years after the third crusade, so if you want to start like it is in version 2.75 at 1490 something than that's alright I guess.

II) The map is great. I modded the map, changed a few borders, and added a few cities here and there. I made it reflect more modern borders, especially around Germany. I even added a Vatican City so that you can take over Rome without eliminating the Pope (which sort of reflects Europa Universalis. In that game, the Pope and the Emperor exist outside of the map, so if you take over Rome you can't just eliminate them.) I also added a bunch of cities in the new world, because it just seems like it would be cool to have Europeans fighting over Brazil instead of just a one shot sort of deal with just one city representing a whole continent. I will also provide screenshots of what I modded.

III) The Reformation. I don't promote a move to Kingdoms (because I don't have it!), so I thought up a way to represent it with simply in the vanilla campaign. The Reformation was a lot like a Revolution, so the various Protestant groups that spawned during the period can just be factions that emerge at around 1500 for example (reformation started around 1517), with the Protestant religion already existing but with 0% adherents (no one protesting yet).
    Thus, there can be like a Dutch Republic, Brandenburg-Prussia, Sweden, Palatinate, Bohemia, etc that spawn at the Reformation and fight for independence against the Holy Roman Empire (which is semi-historically accurate. The Empire was a conglomerate of states, but in any case, the Protestants rebelled against the Catholic Emperor at the time.) In terms of conversion, it'll be impossible. So in England, there can be a Protestant England that emerges with the exact same skins and everything but just a different identifier and a different religion, and as the catholic player you are to supress the emerging faction (not historically accurate, but good enough I think). In the future if anyone wants to play as the Protestants, the campaign can be divided in two, one pre-Reformation (where if you're catholic, you fight to stay catholic) and a post-Reformation campaign.
    I've played Europa Universalis where you can convert religion and everything, and it's cool the first time, but most of the time I just wanted to keep the same religion anyway for stability. This way, at least it's historically accurate, although you don't have as much freedom (like spain won't go protestant for example).

And that's about it. Units are easy, the important thing is the rise of gunpowder artillery and pike formations to counter knights, and then later muskets. Keep up the good work! Right now I've just been modding the map and blowing away large chunks of infantry with basilisks. So if you guys are interested in my map or any of my ideas, let me know. Thanks A LOT for the base files, I give all the credit to whoever made the files. Thanks again.

NOTE: also, i added the screenshots of the modded map in the "Screenshots Thread - Now Indeed with Screenshots!" and I made a whole new topic with this same ramble titled "A Proposal of Ideas."
    Last edited by papabear198931; November 14, 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: more info

Hi there,
    is this mod dead or are you still working on Renaissance 3.0?
    Make me happy and say: yes, 3.0 in progress!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

what are the years of this game?

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

@Condottiere
    Well... We (Marv and I) have a new, large Renaissance project in mind, but we don't seem to be able to meet up in MSN (either Marv or I are absent when the other is present). Also, we're lacking manpower, but I hope one day, however late that will be, we'll have a new version ready!
    @philipOhayda
    1493-1730.

Saddletank's Avatar Tiro

I've played the v2.75 of this mod and enjoyed it very much, however my interest lies squarely in the pike and shot era (say the 30 Years War and later). I played the English Civil War mod (For King or Country) and while a serious bug prevented play as the Parliament forces, playing as Royalists was pretty much my ideal MIITW pike and shot era dream.

Your mod still has a lot of late medieval non-gunpowder era troops in it, so an option to play a late campaign starting in, say, 1600 would be a great interest to me and I'd be willing to help with work on the later part of the game's factions, politics, religion and scripting. I'm no artist sadly, which is what you seem to be missing.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

perhaps you could work with the chap who does PMTW for the original MTW.Obviously he has done a lot of the research allready and has all the units for your time period.Would need to re-skin everything and add faction spesific units etc.Sorry if this is stating the obvious or has been mentioned before.Am playing both Rennaisance 2.75 and PMTW 1.5+Patch at the momment.

Just found out about this mod, sounds very interesting! Any chance of an update of progress on v3.0?

Are you guys going to add more gunpowder units to Renaissance 3.0 ? Not only Arquebuisers and Musketeers but new ones.
    You guys could take some units from Empire: Total War.
    Last edited by Lord Matt; May 15, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

Unfortunately, it seems that we won't be able to put together v3.0.
    First we didn't have enough people, and now we don't even really have a team anymore.

Ashton's Avatar Semisalis

Dead? What a pity

pity this looked good

good luck
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; July 15, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast