Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
no... seriously, we need a proper project plan, as this has grown far away from just a simple "fix" to the original Renaissance:TW (I got into this "mess" just trying to make historical family trees and correct the starting factions' standings and territories - then it all "blew up" )

First things first though:

Item A) Decide on the fate of 2.75 - it doesn't work with the 1.2 patch. Do we scrap it and focus on 3.0 or do we try to fix it?

Personnaly, I'd say scrap it... I don't even have 2.75 any more and I don't want to install it again and start looking. Especially since I have limited time and want to use it in other - more "productive" - ways. I'll prolly put up a poll though, as this touches the community too (and they should have a say in this case)

Item B) Renaissance 3.0 Project Plan

Item B1) There are four separate areas of creating the mod

I. Historical Research
II. Graphics
III. Campaign Coding
IV. Campaign Scripting
V. Bug hunting and killing

Item B2) Historical Research - work and outputs

Item B2-1) Work

Research the timeframe of the mod (1494-1555) for the following aspects

a. Factions - research European and Middle eastern countries, their lands, their policies, their priorities and their relations during this era

b. Wars and Tactics - research for each faction on its individual style of conducting warfare, battlefield tactics and the changes that occured to both thanks to technological advancement or other political/social/religious developments. Also research in all major conflicts of the era...

c. Culture - research in the culture and arts of the era (painting, sculpture, music, architecture,etc), the differences in aesthetic styles between East/West, North/South and between religions, also the differences in philosophy (eg obscurantism vs enlightenment, etc) and society (eg tending towards religious seclusion or secular openness) - this is useful to set the tone of the campaign

d. Religion and Religious Policies - Reformation ('nuff said)

e. Technology - research in technological advancements of this era not specifically related to warfare

f. Exploration - research in the exploration of both the new world and Africa/Asia and its consequences on the european states' economy and society (eg opening new trade routes, new commodities (eg spices),reinstitution of slavery,etc)

Item B-2) Outputs

a. List of Factions to be implemented/List of Regions and Cities per Faction - mostly done and fixed already, but we need their "political agendas" documented still (who's friends with whom, who hates whom, and what are they going to do about it )

b. List of units per faction (complete with arms/armor and tactics description)/List of Major Conflicts (participants, start, end, effects on political situation and maybe in the advancement of tactics)

c. A "psychological profile" per faction for this era (what were their priorities - war, trade, religion, other?, how advanced were they with respect to their time, etc)/also as many painting and pictures of the era as you can get

d. a list of important events for the Reformation and their immediate and long term effects/a description (per faction) of its internal and external religious policies (and goals) - prioritized by preference

e. a list of technological advancements relevant to the era and their effects in the short and long terms

f. a list of important exploration events and their effects on the emerging colonial powers of the day

Item B3) Graphics - 2d and 3d

I. 2D Graphics
II. 3D Graphics

Item B3-1) 2D graphics

a. replace portraits for
- agents
- family members
- family tree

b. replace images for
- events (per event preferably)
- battles
- loading screens

c. replace ui images for
- unit icons and preview images
- faction icons
- maybe buildings too

d. create skins for units where appropriate - INPUT: list of units per faction

Item B3-2) 3D Graphics

a. Modelling units as appropriate - INPUT: list of units per faction

b. Updating the modeldb as appropriate - INPUT: the models and the skins

Item B4) Campaign Coding

I. Campaign Map
II. Historical Context
III. Camapign Factions
IV. Campaign balancing

Item B4-1) Campaign map

a. verify regions, cities and names - INPUT: list of regions and cities per faction

b. check trade resources per region - INPUT: many sources really, some are in the exploration list, others in the factions regions list, etc

c. check campaign specific resources per region - INPUT: again many research resources (eg areas where hi-q plate armor was produced, etc)

Item B4-2) Historical Context

a. Historical names per faction (and historical faction names )

b. Code the historical formations/tactics per faction and per unit

c. Code the historical economy strength per faction

d. Implement the historical units in the EDB

e. Historical mercenary recruitment system

f. secondary effects of the army and economy reforms where appropriate (initial coding)

g. Code the secondary effects of various historical events as appropriate (initial coding) - eg exploration, technology, religious, etc events

h. Code historic events (unconditional events)

i. Code religions and religion effects (THIS IS STILL UNCERTAIN - ESPECIALLY AS FAR AS PROTESTANTISM IS CONCERNED)

[secondary effects = effects that can be implemented via the text files - not script]

Item B4-3) Campaign Factions

a. create factions as appropriate, with proper faction family tree and historical generals/admirals - INPUT: again based on historical research on factions, exploration, etc

b. verify/correct faction ownership per region - INPUT: same as above

c. City development - INPUT: a mix of historical research in society, culture, warfare, etc per faction

d. Starting armies per faction - INPUT: a mix of historical data and unit lists

e. Diplomatic standing - INPUT: the faction specific research

[NOTE: rebels are also included, especially if they're meant to represent some minor faction of the day]

Item B4-4) Campaign Balancing

a. Economy balancing per faction

b. Unit balancing per faction

c. Mercenary appearance balancing

Item B5) Campaign Scripting

I. Reformation Script
II. Exploration Script
III. Forced Diplomacy Script
IV. 4TPY Script
V. Army Reforms Script
VI. Economy Reforms Script
VII. Some form of HRE script (especially if the we don't unite the whole of Germany under Habsburg rule) - to keep the Habsburgs the Poles and the Hungarians from attcking the independant German states
VIII. A Surprise Script
IX. Conditional Events Script

Item B6) Hunting bugs and exterminating them...

There's bound to be a few with so much coding/scripting

[NOTE: this is by no means a definite list, but its a well organized - I think - task/subtask planner; other members are welcome to add their tasks in the appropriate fields]
Hi,

could you please (!!!!!!) make this mod from 1453 to 1555. So that the player can save the byzantine empire and get them into the 16th century! // Idea two, maybe you can start the mod 1453 to 1655 (maybe with some units like them of "1648" mod) - that would be great!!

Greets Marc