Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAUST Unit guide for M2:TW and Kingdoms

Default Re: New FAUST & FUSIL (Unit Stat Guides) for Update 1.2 are here!

Any chance we can hope for a Retrofit Mod version of this?

Icon12 Re: New FAUST & FUSIL (Unit Stat Guides) for Update 1.2 are here!

Very Nice! Thanks

Love the both the faust and fusil hav em both printed em out
    +rep
    Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Idaeus's Avatar Libertus

This is incredible! Really love your work man! Thank you very much!
    A wise man once said that war never changed. That man had never seen an elephant with a cannon strapped to its back. - Jerusalem/Daduzi

Default FAUST & FUSIL (Unit Stat Guides) v1.3

For those who are unaware, the new FAUST v1.3 (with unit pics) for the Grand Campaign and Kingdoms has been released in October, 2007.
    Unfortunatlry, it has been misplaced in the modding forums.

You can link to the new FAUST v1.3 here

Thanks for your comments

Default Re: FAUST & FUSIL (Unit Stat Guides) v1.2

I know this is probably wrong place to post it, but do you have same type thing for SS? I really like this guide!

Quote Originally Posted by brandybarrel View Post
    The improved FAUST v1.2 (Faction And Unit Stat Tables) and
    the new FUSIL v1.2 (Faction Unit Stat Illustrations) for Update 1.2 are here:

the FAUST v1.2 is in improved TABULAR form: (1 MB, 25 pages):
    http://files.filefront.com/the_FAUST_v12/;7433123;/fileinfo.html

the FUSIL v1.2 contains all unit PICTURES !!! (5 MB, 25 pages):
    http://files.filefront.com/the_FUSIL_v12/;7433387;/fileinfo.html

Both of these links are dead right now.Anybody has these files on computer? It was essential thing for unit knowledge. Just wanted to give that to other people. I have printer version only.

tium's Avatar Miles

oh noes!!! The oficial "revive dead threads" week strikes again!!!

Ooops, out of date... must read the full thing before posting... off to download 1.3.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

You'll find Faust 1.3 here

Thanks mate!
    So units specs for faust 1.3 grand campaign are exactly the same as for faust v1.2?

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by koniecpolski View Post
    Both of these links are dead right now.
    Just like this thread...
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

When I try to download this I get error(-1). Is it anywhere else?

Default Re: FAUST Unit guide for M2:TW and Kingdoms

Hi martin23

The links have been updated.

Cheers,
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Excellent guide brandybarrel - as are your others. (More rep.)

Concerning this...

The accuracy "values" or stars I have listed were an interpretation of the values given in the descr_projectile.text (ref: accuracy_vs_units) The values run from 0.05 for a regular arrow to 0.00001 extreme for the bodkin arrow. The lower the value the more accurate the missile. the composite bows and gunpowder were at 0.001. These values are not readily understandable so I put them into four relative groups or "stars" - adequate to know which is more accurate.
    In descr_projectile.txt some projectiles have their accuracy_vs_units attribute commented out, including bodkin, composite and the cavalry ones.

From what I have read elsewhere this results in the projectile inheriting a default accuracy, which I suspect is 0.05 but I couldn't find a definite answer to this anywhere. In fact, your guide is the only place I have found that shows accuracy in any form.

I was wondering how you arrived at the bodkin/composite/cavalry = 0.001 figure. Is it because this number appears in some places as a comment in the commented-out attr. lines? This does seem to suggest 0.001 is the answer.

Hi Withwnar

Wow. I don’t know where to begin. It has been a while and I had to go back into the files to correlate my documents and jar my memory.

At the time of making the FAUST guides for Medieval 2 (vanilla) I didn’t know what to make of the commenting-out lines. Do the accuracy values apply or not? It was hard for me to believe that the bodkin arrow was at that extreme (0.00001) so I omitted their reference from the guide. I had to carry on and get the guide done.

I had some correspondence with CAOZ at the time regarding how the mechanics of unit defence changed from Rome to Medieval 2. As you can expect they are busy and I did not want to badger them. One is lucky and grateful to get a response at all. At the time I had also wanted to bring their attention to the fact that fiery composite arrows (0.0005) were more accurate than the regular composite arrows (0.001) which were also commented out. In the end, I can’t remember if I actually did ask CA projectile questions or they no longer replied. I don’t have the answer for M2TW vanilla commented-out accuracies and I tried to avoid putting them in the guide.

When Kingdoms was released they addressed the projectile issues in some campaigns and some not. That is why the FAUST Kingdoms accuracy tables are not as extensive as they could have been. I intentionally omitted fiery arrows for example. I felt the limited and correct information I presented in the Missile table was an adequate representation of weapon accuracies across the four campaigns and considering the grand scope of the guide I left it at my best understanding for the final versions. The listing for the 0.001 in the FAUST for M2TW (vanilla) missile table is most likely incorrect (see below) when considering other weapon accuracies.

I believe your research tests and results appear to be promising or at least proving that the commented out values do not apply. Have you considered the default being the last accuracy line read before encountering a commented out one? In vanilla M2TW, that would be the projectile arrow_fiery 0.07? Also, have you considered giving the plain arrow a default accuracy of 0.001 to test your hypothesis?

Well done in your findings,
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

That's a lot more than I was hoping for. Thanks very much.

have you considered giving the plain arrow a default accuracy of 0.001 to test your hypothesis?
    Hmmm, now I'm struggling with recollections. I believe so, yes, but I will test again. Actually, I found that the quickest way to test is to use acc=1.0 and see if they fire like complete idiots. It really is funny to watch.

Have you considered the default being the last accuracy line read before encountering a commented out one? In vanilla M2TW, that would be the projectile arrow_fiery 0.07?
    Now this is something. Good thinking. It might explain why my findings suggested that something worse than 0.05 is the 'default' - in the test results I mean; I had put that down to deviation... err... +/- ... can't think of the word.

Very good. Back to the lab. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I tried both of those things and "no". Changing arrow or arrow_fiery had no effect on a unit that uses composite_arrow or composite_arrow_fiery.

Oh well. I originally found a post on the net where someone thought that it was 0.05 but he didn't mention why he thought so. Everything seems to point to that number so I'll let it go.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Withwnar; August 05, 2010 at 08:28 AM.

Thread Sticked.
    Last edited by Ishan; November 12, 2010 at 03:58 AM.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

just saw this.im gonna take a look.

Awesome unit guide - do you want me to link back to here to credit you if I use this in a video?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12