Thread: The story of the 15 Legion

Default The story of the 15 Legion

now before i get started telling the 15 Legion there are a few things you should know.
    1-no historical accuracy
    2-used cheats during my campaign
    3-I am making this up as I go and it is based on the 15 Legion in my campaign
    4-dont point out any spelling or grammatic mistakes please
    5-I used the Roma Surrectum mod( best mod i have ever played so far)

CHAPTER 1

It is 271 B.C. the Roman Empire is small. It dose not even control all of Italy, so in an effort to expand the borders of the Empire the Emperor gave the order to train a new Legion. General Oppius was given camand of the Legion.
    He wasted no time in gathering new recruits, and so the training began. In 270 B.C. the Legion was ready and it marched to a Greek Town called Massilia. In Winter 268 the Legion arrived, but the Gauls were at the Town first. Oppius decided to attack the Gauls, and the Greek army inside of the Town saw the Romans and Gauls preparing to fight so they marched out to aid the Romans. The Romans marched into battle with all hopes of victory. The Gaulic army was split in two groups of about 3000 men apeace. Greek army took the first Gaul army head on and was destroyed. When Oppius learned of the Greeks death he took his legion in a blind rage attack on the first Gaul army, but he lest his rear ungaurded. The 15th charged into battle fighting over the bodies of dead and dieing Greeks. The Romans had the upper hand when the second Gaulic army came in and attack them in the rear. Oppius was one of the first to be killed and the Legion was slowly surrounded and destroyed. Only 273 Romans survived the battle the rest were killed.

Since the Legion was destroyed the story is over. It really pissed me off that it had to end so fast. lol.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Master_Swordman's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The story of the 15 Legion

Wow...that was...quick...

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots (18-0) vs. New York Giants (12-6)
    ...and another ones gone, and another ones gone...

lol, amazing must of toke ya ages!!

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

lmao! literary brilliance

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

never seen an AAR quite like this. simply brilliant
    dont be so pissed off there might be couple of officers left alive so you can rase the legion anew and carry on with its suicidal missions.

Dude, Poor legion.

Raise it agian. And do another impossible mission
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I will raise it again later today when i get the chance to play.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

CHAPTER 2 Rebirth

When the emperor heard of the defeat of the 15th Legion he sent a message to the base camp of the defeated legion. In this message the emperor gave the order to conscript new recruits to rebuild the 15th Legion. The new recruits were quickly gathered and they began to train, and a new general was appointed comander of the Legion his name is Valerius. Valerius had one big problem with his new command. The Legion's eagle standard was lost in the battle with the Gauls.

When the Legion was trained and ready for battle Valerius left the Legion's fort on a mission to go and retake the 15th Legion's Eagle back from the Gauls. It was a long march to get to the place were the 15th had been defeated, but once there Valerius began sending out scouts and spies to try find were the Eagle was. It did not take long for Valerius to get word where the Eagle was, one of the Gaul generals who fought the the 15th had captured it. This Gaul army was not far off, so Valerius marched the 15th Legion to a river crossing near the Gaul camp. The Gaul commander took his army to go engage the Legion at the river crossing where the Legion was camped. Valerius would wait at the river crossing for the Gauls to come to him.

Summer 260 B.C. late afternoon the Gauls where just across the river from the Romans and the two armies were preparing for battle. Valerius sent four cohorts to the river ford to meet the Gauls, and the rest of the Legion would remain in reserve. As the Gauls advanced four battalions of there troops broke off from the main army and moved farther up the river. Valerius saw this and sent two legionary cohorts, one cavalry cohort, and his Celtic mercenary troops up the River to see if they could find another ford that the Gauls might be trying to cross.
    The main force of the Gauls started to move across the river they were met by a hail of missiles from Roman skirmishers. Dozens of Gauls were killed from the Roman opening volley of missiles, but they pressed on. The legionaries threw there missiles and then drew there swords. The Gauls were broken up from the Roman missiles, but a war chief rallied the Gauls and they charged forwards meeting the Roman line.

The small force of Romans sent out by Valerius fond a second river ford. They got there just before the Gauls giving the enough time to set up there battle line. The Gauls charged across the second ford took the volley of missiles from the Roman Legionaries, and charged head on into the Roman battle line. Within minutes on both fronts it was clear that the Romans were winning. Suddenly word spread through out the Roman and Gaul ranks that the Gaul general was dead, and that the 15th Legion's Eagle had been taken from a dead Gaul. Even though the Gauls had lost there general, and they had lost the captured Legionary Eagle they continued fighting on both fronts.

The bodies were pilling up on the banks of the river and in the ford's. The water was getting a red tone of color from all of the blood in it. The Legionaries were getting tired as they just stabbed Gaul after Gaul. Valerius positioned his cavalry so when the Gauls break and start to rout the cavalry could quickly move in and kill the routing Gauls. Suddenly on the second front the Gauls began to rout. Roman cavalry moved in to give chase and kill the retreating Gauls. Now the Romans could attack the rear of the Gaul's main force at the first river ford. The Gauls began to retreat at the first ford as well. Roman cavalry moved in to butcher the retreating Gauls. As the Roman cavalry killed the retreating Gauls the 15th Legions eagle standard was brought to Valerius to show him that they had taken it back.

In thirty minutes the battle was over. 1974 Gauls were killed, and all of there wounded were killed on the spot. The 15th Legion only lost 71 men in the battle. The battle was a Heroic victory for the 15th Legion they regained there honor by killing all but 168 of the Gauls, and most of all retaking there Eagle Standard.

More to come soon hope you enjoy chapter 2 of the Story of the 15th Legion.

CHAPTER 3 MASSILIA

After the grate Roman victory over the Gauls General Valerius marched the 15th Legion to the now Gaul town of Massilia. Massilia was defended by 2000 blood thirst Gaul warriors. The Legion surrounded the city in late Fall. The Romans started to chop down trees to make rams and Latters. As winter set in the Romans prepared to make there assault on the city.

Mid January Valerius ordered his Legion into position to attack the city. As the Romans drew up in there ranks there catapults began to bombard a section of wall with giant stones. The Gauls gathered in back of the section of wall that was being bombarded to repeal the inevitable Roman assault. after an hour of bombarding the wall the wall began to crumble. The legionaries formed up in a long line in there turtle formation. After an hour and a half the wall fell in a giant cloud of dust and rubble.

Valerius ordered four cohorts forward. The second threw fifth legionary cohorts marched forwards. They soon came under fire from the Gauls arrows, then came the stones from the slings, and just before they reached the breach in the wall came the javelins. The legionaries kept there turtle formation in good order so murderous volleys of the Gauls killed very few Romans. Valerius then sent his Celtic mercs with the ram to try to draw the Gauls fire away from the legionaries by attacking the gate to the city.

The legionaries were at the breach so they moved out of there turtle formation and into standard formation to charge threw the breach and engage the Gaul defenders. A melee began it seemed to be going for the Romans at first, but the combination of the Gauls missile fire and some cavalry units they brought up began to push the Romans back. Valerius new that if he sent up more men he would clog up the works so to speak and make it even worse for the Romans.

As it looked like the Romans would be pushed back the celtic mercs broke threw the gate into the city. Valerius quickly sent a cavalry cohort threw to hit the engaged Gauls in the flank. The Roman cavalry smashed into the Gauls flank killing many on impact and routing some of the lesser Gaul unites. The fighting quickly turned in favor of the Romans. The Romans pushed threw and took the town square killing every Gaul defender. The Romans lost 473 men in the assault, but still it was a great victory for Valerius. Valerius sent a message to the 15th Legion's fort asking them to send reinforcements to Massilia.

Thus ends chapter 3 of the story. I would really like it if you guys can give me some feed back, because with out positive feed back I will in all likely hood stop writing. It is really up to you guys if I keep writing the story of the 15th Legion.
    Last edited by Templar Knight; May 06, 2007 at 01:47 AM.

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

some pics would be cool too

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudocaesar View Post
    some pics would be cool too
    I dont know how to upload pics onto image shack. I have an account, but i cant figure out how to upload an image. Maybe i dont have the right program to upload an image onto image shack. I am not good with computer stuff so that might be a problem too.

amazing story templar ... i like it!!
    ... would be nice to continue

yeah... some pictures also would give the story the right touch.

sorry, but i cant help you to figure it out with image shack .. i have my own server and upload all my pictures and stuff always there! but i think, here are enough m8's with skills on it.
    Last edited by Marcus Illuminatus; May 06, 2007 at 06:34 AM.

great story. The 15th got there eagle back. Thank the gods
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    I dont know how to upload pics onto image shack. I have an account, but i cant figure out how to upload an image. Maybe i dont have the right program to upload an image onto image shack. I am not good with computer stuff so that might be a problem too.
    http://forums.totalrealism.net/showthread.php?t=311