Thread: How to use the 1.2 Launcher to run Mods

Indefinitely Banned

Default How to use the 1.2 Launcher to run Mods

I installed Patch 1.2 and it works fine with vanilla.

So I used the laucher and there was a nice link to M2TW's new "moddability". This link goes to here: http://204.155.67.203/med2/M2TWLaunc...ual&StoryId=20

Now it discusses that the launcher can now run mods from there and tell you to follow the "instructions below". Problem is there are no instructions. They provide a series of "keys" which I'm assuming is something used in the config file. But I'm not entirely sure.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Miraj; May 04, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How to use the 1.2 Launcher to run Mods

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I installed Patch 1.2 and it works fine with vanilla.

So I used the laucher and there was a nice link to M2TW's new "moddability". This link goes to here: http://204.155.67.203/med2/M2TWLaunc...ual&StoryId=20

Now it discusses that the launcher can now run mods from there and tell you to follow the "instructions below". Problem is there are no instructions. They provide a series of "keys" which I'm assuming is something used in the config file. But I'm not entirely sure.

Any ideas?
    This was also available with the unofficial patch. The "keys" are registry information that must be edited.

Here is a link that should explain things http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light=launcher
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 05, 2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added link
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Note that the launcher won't be very useful for you unless you know how to write installer software.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

That reminds me, with the unofficial patch, the launcher didn´t quit itself after exiting M2TW, it continued in the background, and with considerable system resource usage. Has this been fixed with the official version?
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran S View Post
    That reminds me, with the unofficial patch, the launcher didn´t quit itself after exiting M2TW, it continued in the background, and with considerable system resource usage. Has this been fixed with the official version?
    yes
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    This was also available with the unofficial patch. The "keys" are registry information that must be edited.

Here is a link that should explain things http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...light=launcher
    I tried to click the link and now I got this....

Has the link gone into official secret act or something ? I reformatted my pc recently and reinstalled back M2TW. Last time I think I use the instruction by alpaca of how to edit the registry...

Can someone give me the link back ?

Thanks.

p/s: i know I can use the my mod installer and .bat file etc, but I prefer to run my own mod from the launcher.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

LestaT...

if you send an IM to me, I can try to walk you through it. I have been scouring the forums and I can't find the thread. I also can't figure out what is wrong with that link.

LC

-John G. Hartung