Thread: Weirdest thing (pope related)

loseless's Avatar Civis

Default Weirdest thing (pope related)

Hi people.

I took all the papal states regions, and the guy became homeless. Then I killed every papal armies and ships, except one. The new pope was miraculously transported to that ship and landed on England. Weird...

After a few years, the old man kicked the bucket, and now I don't know where the hell he is.

I've search through ALL the map. Land and sea, near every city, near americas, islands, and nothing. The pope disappeared. Even with the toggle_fow, there's no sign of him. Plus, I can't transport him with move_character because his name is: "Pope «name» of Kingdom of France" and those names don't work on the code...

I need to request conciliation because I'm in a situation where I might be excommunicated for about 50 turns, until he dies (he's 43 years old...)

Help?

Default Re: Weirdest thing (pope related)

You can't eliminate the papal states unless you kill every catholic priest on the map.
    And toggle_fow doesn't show you AI characters that are hiding in forests etc.

loseless's Avatar Civis

I know that fact, the faction is still around there. I just can't find the damn guy.

I've been search through forests, but that takes WAY too long...

Isn't there a easier way to find him? I don't want to spent 20 turns roaming forests in order to find him... No one does

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

If you are not at war with the papal state, then just give your king a premature death, that will get you reconciled. Else, you will have to wait for his death (and make sure it's your or your ally's cardinal that wins the next election...

loseless's Avatar Civis

Nothings ever easy

I'll just "kill the king, tear him down" (I love Rainbow). Waiting for him to die will take too long (normally people would die at 40s during the 12th century, but in the game, they last as long as 21st century developed countries people. Weird...)

Thanks for the advice.

Shiina's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by loseless View Post
    I'll just "kill the king, tear him down" (I love Rainbow). Waiting for him to die will take too long (normally people would die at 40s during the 12th century, but in the game, they last as long as 21st century developed countries people. Weird...)
    lol 21st century people live to their eighties not sixtees

loseless's Avatar Civis

I saw popes aging to see their 80s... I thought to myself "good lord, why won't he just drop dead?"

One of my kings also lasted to 88 or something. People shouldn't live that long (in the game)

On the other hand, my generals never get past 60s (the ones who should...)

Shiina's Avatar Tiro

O.o are you playing a mod or something me people die at age 60 prompt.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

you can't kill the papal state. In one campaign I've made I was the only catholic faction remained, I killed all the papal armies and navies but the pope escaped,then the pope died and I had no priests. After about 50 turns I had to make a priest to convert some islamic people I conquered. Next turn that priest became the pope!!!

loseless's Avatar Civis

I never said it was possible. I not an idiot, I've been playing Total Wars for half dozen years...

The thing is that I never saw him "disappear" from one place. In my old games, when after he died, the new pope would always be near Rome, even when I had Rome and the papal states didn't had any region whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    You can't eliminate the papal states unless you kill every catholic priest on the map.
    And toggle_fow doesn't show you AI characters that are hiding in forests etc.

Priests? I dont understand... Not cardinals? In my Papal Campaign I'm haveing a big problem. There are only 2 cardinals in the list, and then I'll die out. Since I cant make huge piety for priests, those cardinals will die or be pope. Or the game will automatically make a priest cardinal? And what is Bishop good for? I have it...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoler View Post
    Priests? I dont understand... Not cardinals? In my Papal Campaign I'm haveing a big problem. There are only 2 cardinals in the list, and then I'll die out. Since I cant make huge piety for priests, those cardinals will die or be pope. Or the game will automatically make a priest cardinal? And what is Bishop good for? I have it...
    Bishops are priests all fall under the priest category he is just a upgrade model for it.(greater default piety and recruited in cathedrals)
    When the papacy lacks it then it simply chooses any priest on the map and makes him pope.

Oh thanks. Good to know. Then my faction wont die, until I have atleast one priest

+rep for making me eager to continue campaign