Thread: i want these units to work

Default i want these units to work

the mod is extraordinary, but the thing is that i already use one / so i sould like to use it partialy, some units such as the dismounted templars, dismounted quapukulu, merc saracen
    i didnt manage to make it work
    i copy the 'ui', the 'text', 'edu' ,please tell me what are the files i should copy from 'unit models' ? there are so many and it would b too long to try them all..

also how do i have to copy properly the lines from this mods 'battle models' to mine ? do i have to go in line, or just paste at the last word, or use notepad??

thank you for these infos in advance
    and keep up the Great Work

Default Re: i want these units to work

Hi Filip bre,

Well, it isn't very easy to put in the mercenaries into another mod and I don't have the time to make a complete guide for this...
    However, it also depends on whether the mod where you want to add them uses a new battle_models.modeldb file.
    If it doesn't use one you could copy this file from SS into a unit_models folder of the mod you want use and make the corresponding entries in the export_descr_units.txt and in the descr_mercenaries.txt files.
    Also you have to alter the export_units.txt file for the unit descriptions...
    If it uses a new battle_models.modeldb you would have to put in the new entries of the mercenaries in this file.
    I hope this helps...
    Last edited by King Kong; May 04, 2007 at 12:10 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: i want these units to work

ok, i didnt have in mind to use the descr mercs file

is it the same for the dismounted knights templar ? i at least would like to have them for england