Thread: biggest battles you've had to fight?

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default biggest battles you've had to fight?

the largest armies i had to face until recently were France's durinjg the early 1700s, they had about 16-20k in several armies on the border with me, but i always matched them there..

in the far east it was a different story:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5...heworldtr0.jpg

so my plan to take japan from ming was put on hold lol... dropped an army off on the chinese mainland and caused havoc for a while until it got trapped:

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/2...ampaignru8.jpg

i had around 16k to fight that...on peace the battle finished like this:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2...waroverlh5.jpg

whats the biggest fights youve had?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: biggest battles you've had to fight?

90,000 Ottoman soldiers destroyed my entire greek army of 9000, around 1500...I had land tech 2 and they 10...

I was shocked and depressed...

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

lol @ John, that sucks.

which faction/s has armenians? i played the blue? coloured faction where armenia is. Aggges ago when i got EU3.

can armenia region be made independant like cornwall etc can be?

ill get revenge against those otto's for you ^_^

i have tried doing a navy/landing force of the ottos b4 as the british but i got attacked suddenly by france & allies.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

you can make an armenian independent nation and play as them. Whatever country has armenia as a province can do it.

I've never really fought large battles, usually the AI spreads out on me. then again I usually dont invade ming.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Yes, the armenian nation can be formed, but annoyingly has little room to expand since mindbogglingly, the province of Van is Azerbaijani for no reason at all, when it was pretty much either Armenian majority or Kurdish up until the 20th century.

It basically needs to depend on a strong local superpower, like russia, to hold their hand. Georgia is shockingly weak and devoid of population...

Also, annoyingly, they use the wrong bloody flag.

I tried playing as georgia, that is one nation that needs a boost in the game. They are unrealistically weak.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Yeah, for some reason...the caucasus is really empty...at least in EUII there was gold, and wine, and whatnot...or at least easy to defend. The way recruitment works in EUIII really kinda screws them over, though.

Spart's Avatar Senator

Got in touch with China (can't remember which dynasty) as the British in the mid 16th century, oh man they had some troops. My expeditionary force faced an army of 40,000, and about 15,000 were waiting in neighbouring provinces. Well, I kinda lost with my 5,000 troops.. Screw China, I'm going to Australia.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

I led a war as russia against Ottmans who had taken about the 3/4 of east europa about 50'000 russians Vs 20'000 Turks (I was full on number and had all doctrines to boost manpower ) the front was from baltic to crimea the huge mass of my army won my day at great cost but the turks were forced to release occupied territories.
    "They do not possess the true fire. They speak of creation and they boast of their potential but they do not create anything beyond the mundane. Their imagination is poor, obsessed with the small details. A true Dreamer, I say, creates a grand scheme and then concentrates on the details. Starting with the details is for the ants of the imagination - the small insects who aspire only to be fed.”

Nihl Xander, Godsmen Engineer - Planescape Torment