Thread: how to tune down blood effects

Default how to tune down blood effects

How do I tune down the blood effects after installing the long road mod with 1.8 blood addon package? When it gave me the option in the begining of the install I choose the highest blood level but it just looks kind of silly right now. Also, are there any addons out there that I can just install on top of the long road mod that will give more realistic blood effects. The 1.8 blood effect addon is pretty good but at time it looks just alittle unrealistic...
    Thanks
    Matt

Default Re: how to tune down blood effects

The blood textures are located in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\overlaytextures

You could try the blood mod that Burrek made. It should be in the download section of this site.
    "The desire for glory clings even to the best men longer than any other passion." Tacitus - Histories, Book IV, 6

I have a similar question.

I tried Stainless Steel 3.1 and I did not like all of the blood and the huge splatters when arrows/bolts hit. I was told to delete the overlaytextures folder to solve the problem. This stopped the massive amounts of blood in melee, but I am still getting the huge splatter effects.

Can I tone this down somehow?

use burreks blood and dirt...it looks great...now the units only get "small bloody spots" when hit...it looks much more realistic
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Long Road sub-forum. Questions involving hosted mods should stay in their sub-forum.

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

You could just reinstall the addon and choose the other option.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

As someone who has actually been in battle ... although I admit the weapons were somewhat different! ... I think the most realistic blood level is the one just below the maximum setting. I've tried them all.

With the kinds of weapons in M2TW, there will be a lot of blood, as arteries and veins are severed, etc. But not quite as much as in the maximum setting.