Thread: The Shane Doan Affair

Default The Shane Doan Affair

Hockey fans may know what this thread is about, but most certainly Canadian hockey fans know what its about. That being said, let me catch you all up to speed.

Shane Doan was accused a while ago of essentially saying francophones are babies (referring to francophone hockey players). He was cleared of any wrong doing and everyone thought it was the end of it. Now during the 2007 IIHF World Championships Shane Doan is captaining the Canadian squad and members of parliament led by the Quebec separatist party forced a vote that required the government to speak with Hockey canada about Doan's position on the team.

All this over comments 17 months ago that have never been proven, comments that have been forgotten. This whole mess makes me wonder about few things. Is this just francophones and Quebecers whining because not a single francophone player was named to this years team? Should the government even be sticking its ugly head into Hockey Canada's business? Personally I think its all sour grapes on Duceppe's part (Separatist leader that wants Quebec to have its own hockey team on the international stage) because there are no Quebec players on the team.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Shane Doan Affair

I don't think they deny players from Quebec just for the fact of their orgin, Goverment should not be affiliated with the issue, it's ridiculous.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"