Thread: Reinstalling: A Total War Afficianado's Story Commentary

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Reinstalling: A Total War Afficianado's Story Commentary

Use this thread for Blog commentary. Perhaps even add your own stories and experiences with the Total War Gaming Series.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; May 01, 2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Its MINe ALL MINE!!!!!!!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Default Re: Blog Commentary - Your Notes

Nice blog you have there, reminds me of when I first got into R:TW.

Do you have MII:TW? I would love to read your opinion on that game.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

More more, I enjoyed the reads

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Yes, I have M2TW, more to come soon. Right now having a busy summer consulting season. Expect to have time to write in a month or so.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

W0w! This is really great! I love the way you write! (Except you spelling the Roman families wrong. )

+Rep!

GB, I stumbled upon this blog only a few days ago, and took it one by one, saving a new chapter for a new day, as I really enjoyed reading it. I'd love to read some more, if I can still get you in the mood for writing.

Perhaps a chapter for M2TW, a chapter for PoTW...

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow Gaius Baltar my story sound just like that only it started with RTW other wise your bring back memories for me thanks! Keep it up.

Icon1 Re: Blog Commentary - Your Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    Perhaps even add your own stories and experiences with the Total War Gaming Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathais View Post
    Wow Gaius Baltar my story sound just like that only it started with RTW other wise your bring back memories for me thanks! Keep it up.
    Same for me, brings back sweet memories. I can still remember the days when I first installed RTW on my computer. During the installation i was already psyched up, I only thought "well, this looks like fun". And when I launched the game, I felt

I was enchanted by the music, hypnotized by the graphics, captivated by the atmosphere of the ancient world of war. Although I noticed several bugs and some historical inaccuracies, I didn't even think, that this game could be modified. After a few months of campaigns, I got bored of vanilla, and put back the CD on the shelf.

Eventually I took it back and reinstalled, and stumbled upon a site (located in my home-country) from where I could download mods. Unfortunately these mods weren't working for me, so I just gave it up and got disappointed. (Later I figured out, that I failed to install the patches ... how noob was I!)

The next thing i remember is to read the release of M2TW on a gaming site. I literally ran to the shop the next day, and got my copy. But it took even a shorter period of time to get bored of it, and I went as far as selling it.

When Kingdoms came out, I stumbled upon TWC, and now I could get the mods working. I started to download mods like crazy. The first one I tried was Clouds Across Europe, because it had the most downloads:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...sort=downloads

and I thought the more popular the mod, the better is it. I've tried many, many mods, and was fascinated by the wide and helpful community of this site. I decided to register...
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; October 28, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

Well with me it started when I was looking around on the net for cheats on RTW. I some how made my way to RTR web site and was reading about that mod. I soon was amazed that some was actually able to changed the game that much!

Soon i was downloading the game and then began my ordeal of it needs 1.2?
    I soon looked and saw that 1.3 which bugged me. I soon started my search for mods and made my way here. I wasnt a memeber for about 3 months or more I was someone who was intersted in what was being done here.

Though I cant say that I had ever grown board of any of the total war games but that mainly because I discovered modding. From there on I played over 14 mods which all i love and down am a down ward spiral and hope to make my own.

I see you've made a placeholder for the next chapter, GB, eagerly awaiting it!